Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
Wed, Oct 19, 2011 | 14:01 BST

Square announces two European CEs for FFXIII-2

Square Enix has announced its to release two collectors editions for Final Fantasy XIII-2 in Europe.

ffxiii-2-5.jpg

Known as the Limited Collector’s Edition and the Crystal Edition, the two will be at selected retailers around Europe and PAL when the RPG releases next year.
No prices were mentioned.
As well as special packaging, the Limited Collector’s Edition will release with:

• Composer Selected Soundtrack: CD with selection of music tracks from the game, specially chosen by the composers
  • Artwork book “The Art of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2”, featuring artwork across the production
  • 6 collectible postcards, featuring high quality CG artwork of main characters in the game
  • High Definition Lenticular Artprint, showing an iconic image of the Lightning character
The Crystal Edition, meanwhile, will come with all of the above from the LCE, as well as:

• 4-Disc FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Original Soundtrack, with premium digipak packaging
  • Exclusive FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 T-Shirt from the SQUARE ENIX PRODUCTS range. Never to be available elsewhere!
  • Artwork book “The Art of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2”, featuring artwork across the production
Anyone who pre-orders either CE will get a special bonus pack with a steelbook cover, Final Fantasy XIII-Episode i – which details the gap between XIII-1 and XIII-2 – and three lithograph artcards that shows key moments from the game. The pack will also have the Fight in Style downloadable pack, which features:

• Recruitable monster battle: Defeat Omega, the famous FINAL FANTASY boss monster, and then have it join your party for further use in the adventure!
  • Alternate costume for Serah
  • Alternate costume for Noel
The pre-order pack will be available from selected retailers.
There’s images of both packs below. Final Fantasy XIII-2 releases on January 31 in the US and February 3 in Europe for PS3 and 360.

Source - http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/19/squ...ion-crystal-edition-for-ffxiii-2/#more-209997

Serah’s Special Final Fantasy XIII-2 Downloadable Bow

By Spencer . October 19, 2011 . 2:31am
Final Fantasy XIII-2 will have downloadable weapons, costumes, and monsters. One item you can only get by reserving the game at a Lawson convenience store is the Seraphic Wing. This bow/sword for Serah absorbs HP from monsters when Serah attacks them.

What’s confusing about the Seraphic Wing is you may be able to find the weapon in Final Fantasy XIII-2 without reserving the game. In the staff comments, Square Enix​ says the pre-order bonus has different graphics and coloring.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes out for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on December 15 in Japan. Square Enix will release the title a month later on January 31 in North America.

Read more stories about Final Fantasy XIII-2 & PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 on Siliconera.

Source - http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/19/serahs-special-final-fantasy-xiii-2-downloadable-bow/

Collector's Editions these days are filled with absolute crap, considering the price. I mean, the Crystal Edition costs £80. What do you get with it? A t-shirt you'll be able to buy off eBay, an artbook which will be scanned onto image sites in higher resolution, and a soundtrack that will be available for download when the game comes out in Japan. Oh, and some craptacular art cards which aren't worth the material they're printed on. Shoop da fucking woop.

Fine, some people like to have these things in tangible form, which is all well and good if that is your sort of thing, but...well, for £40 more than the standard? Let us not forget how quickly the original FFXIII dropped in price as well. Why bother pre-ordering an £80 special edition when you'll be able to pick it up for about £50 or less in a couple of weeks? Why bother charging that much for it when it's just going to get its price slashed within a couple of weeks because nobody is buying it?

Contrary to the popular stereotype, only a small percentage of conservative party supporters can actually afford to waste their money on meaningless things. We don't all go foxhunting every day and eat quail's eggs for lunch. Charging us a ridiculous amount of money for special editions like this isn't going to boost sales and profits over here, y'know. People who didn't like the look of XIII-2 aren't suddenly going to say "Oh! A special edition! I say, that immediately makes it worth the purchase, wot! :monocle:" and buy it.

It seems like a waste of money to me, and I haven't even mentioned how utterly bullshit the game itself is yet. Not looking good, is it? You can't add value to a crap video game by including a bunch of random crap with it, Square Enix. It didn't work for FFXIII, it won't work for FFXIII-2.

At least they're trying, I suppose. But honestly, Square Enix special editions are less than fantastic, considering half the content you can just download. At least Skryim's overpriced special edition comes with a motherfucking dragon statue which, whilst I think that is a waste of money, at least it's something you might not be able to buy for spare change separately. One edition comes with a guidebook, as well. Something actually USEFUL. Value-adding. It's basic-level management. Come on Square Enix, even YOU can do better than this...hell, you can get the special edition of Dark Souls, which has an artbook and soundtrack CD, as well as a digital guide, for the SAME PRICE AS THE STANDARD EDITION. Where do Square Enix get off charging double the standard price for that sort of thing?!

Last edited:
80 pounds for alot of paper..... no way i always get annoryed with 40 quid for the game... but 80 because ur vadding paper.... that just fail.... the only limited edition of games i ever got was the blazblues one (cuz it was cheap on amazon) and dissidia duodecim.. cuz that had dlc that i wanted :D

Collector's Editions these days are filled with absolute crap, considering the price. I mean, the Crystal Edition costs £80. What do you get with it? A t-shirt you'll be able to buy off eBay, an artbook which will be scanned onto image sites in higher resolution, and a soundtrack that will be available for download when the game comes out in Japan. Oh, and some craptacular art cards which aren't worth the material they're printed on. Shoop da fucking woop.
Wow, way to support pirating. Honestly, people here are bitching over nothing. Guess what, you dont have to buy the special edition. They are catered to a certain crown who likes this sort of thing.

Mod Edit: Keep it civil. The name calling wasn't necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this kind of stuff, but I agree the prices can be really insane (although I think things like a full OST is justifiable; they usually sell for about 25-35 dollars anyways).

I bought that "Love is Over" Edition of Catherine a while back that ended up about 90 dollars after tax here in Canada, and I admit...I didn't really need it :lew:

But I always bargain hunt when I can. If you look at the right places, you can find games and collector editions at cheaper prices than listed (so many UK collector's edition I grabbed for my PSP were significantly cheaper than listed). zavvi listed the Crystal Edition for 60 pounds-but it's already sold out, lol.

Though I might consider the regular Limited Edition. The fact is, the price of the collector's edition from the UK is almost, if not CHEAPER, than the price of the stand alone game here in Canada.

Taxes I tell you... X_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back