Original The Final Fantasies - FFF Star System series

Izanagi

Looking for Izanami
Veteran
Gil
I'm not sure if this belongs here. Please move it to the needful section if it's wrong.

I'm making a series of shorts (eventually might have a coherent storyline when time and circumstances are kind to me) based on this wonderous forum as well as its members.

Today I have a short starring Hayabusa as Serizawa Renka, a Masterless samurai with a cursed sword and MagicMasher as Cactuar Prince, a prince who seeks to return to his kingdom and Starburst as Marin, Toki's local priestess who aids our two main stars. The world featured is Talion, a japanese-like world and part of the FFF Star System consisting of 13 worlds goverened by Lirael and Uncle Ulty. Uncle Ulty's return will be catastrophic and so Gingerbread Man as Chronicler, entrusts Serizawa and Cactuar Prince to gather Lirael's gem in order to awaken her.:

"The Samurai and The Cactuar Prince - Part 1"

A robe torn man with long black hair strided towards the sunset, armed with a blood red sword of unknown origin. His armoured legs and near shirtless appearance indicated that he had been engaged in battle for quite a while though little blood was seen from him, merely sweat and simple bruises. As the sun(s) set as the planet called Talion began its twilighted cycle, the lone man looked at the stars that began to appear like wonderous dots atop the planet. Behind the man, piles of monsters and men lay wasted and oddly prickled with needles all around. Atop these piles of defeated foes was a small Cactuar no taller than the Samurai's shins as he bounced up and down in victory.

"Hahahaha! You can't see me! I'm the king of the world! No one can escape these needles! Dance, Needles, Dance!" the Cactuar child cheered as needles began flying around it, piercing the land and other fallen foes.

"Quit it," snapped the Samurai as he sheathed his sword and folded his arms, turning to the creature with an unamused look.

"That's "Quit it please, YOUR Highness"!" the creature fired back as he hopped down the mountain of corpses to greet his taller counterpart.

"Whatever. We're here to find a gem, just stay out of my way," he said. The quest of these two individuals was simple: Talion had a mythical gem that once belonged to the 13 world's wise entity Lirael The Wise. Finding this would allow their guide, Chronicler, to grant them the strength and wish supposedly. This samurai named Serizawa Renka had lost a war two years ago in this world of Talion. His master had fallen in battle in the south for this blade he now possesses called The Red Blade Hyuuga, it was cursed to grant him strength in return he would no longer feel companionship as the curse beseeches him to spill lives by bringing justice to the unjust. His companion, a young Cactuar, is a prince from one of the 13 worlds called Besaid. He was usurped by his evil uncle from an unknown benefactor and now seeks the help of the Gingerbreaded sage Chronicler to bring justice back to his kingdom. These misfits had other companions, currently fulfilling the same quest.

"When we get this gem. It's smooth sailing from now on, Serizawa. You will be rewarded with a feast in my kingdom," the minature Cactuar said.

"Not interested. All I want is to pass this blade onto someone stronger. This wasn't meant for me," Serizawa said begrudgingly as he clutched the blade that would never leave his side.

"Why? Don't you humans love being strong and all that silly chocobo jive?" the Cactuar asked.

"I didn't asked to have this blade, nor be the strongest," Serizawa said.

"You shouldn't have picked it up then," the Cactuar mocked.

"...I didn't have a choice, idiot" he kicked the Cactuar aside as he walked towards the next town.

The Cactuar shot a needle at Serizawa's back, only to be countered by a simple parry.

"I don't have time to fight with you, squirt. Come along or I'll beat you silly till you can't walk," he said casually. Whatever the case, Chronicler commanded the both of them to never separate or leave each other's side for the duration of the quest. To do so would trap them in Talion without the means of traversing the 13 realms. Serizawa regretted this move and had wished to had The Lonely God or that Alien from another world with him as a companion instead. His brief spar with the Alien police officer Alrisus Lar'Soni was an epic one and the both of them had become firm friends.

The Cactuar sighed and dusted himself. No respect for authority at all, these humans, it thought. He had wished that he had gone with any of the others but this one instead. Was humility part of the development Chronicler advised him to undergo?

"Stop dawdling. It'll be dark soon and it's not wise to travel in Talion's surface at dark," Serizawa growled. Without another word, the both of them continued their journey, leaving their pile of defeated bandits and monsters to the dusty unknown.

The two adventurers traversed the planes of Talion with difficulty. Supplies were at a limit and the next town would be no longer than another hour's walk as per Serizawa's estimate. Hills, mountains and grasslands remained dark to them but both were confident that the next town's shelter would be sufficient for them to continue their journey in the morning. They had finally come across a town called Toki, where the night life was bustling with vendors and other worldly pleasures, reminiscent of his homeland before. The night life illuminated the most wonderous sight to behold in the eyes of the young prince, while to Serizawa, this sight was quite commonplace for him in the world of Talion. Cactuar had to jump at Serizawa's shoulders to avoid the trampling of the locals as well as the irritating human children who mistook his highness for a toy doll or a Moogle. At the far end of the bustling town, a series of Inns and brothels lay ahead of them. To Cactuar, a brothel means nothing to him, but for Serizawa, naughty thoughts began looming in his mind.

A simple slap from his thorned sidekick brought the lustful Samurai back to his senses.

"Focus, Commoner! We have a gem to find!" The royal pain commanded. He could never understand the basic human need for companionship, Cactuar relationships were easier to follow than a human can for him.

Serizawa held himself from drawing Hyuuga amidst the public. The Prince of Cactuars was right though, distractions and temptations can occur here and the test was to recover Lirael's gem to begin the quest of the 13 worlds. Should he fail his test, he would be doomed to roam the worlds in search of the strongest opponent forever. This pint-sized companion of his was somewhat of a godsend to him for forgetting his goals. Ignoring the brothels, the both of them proceeded to the Inn.

Late at night, both Cactuar and Serizawa perched themselves at the Inn's bar. Cactuar was fed with a pink pomelo juice while Serizawa drank the cold beer on a gigantic Talionese cup. The female bartender eyed them with interest as she brushed her kimono aside and began cleaning bowls and cups that served her clients.

"It's not common to see a Samurai and a Cactuar together. What brings you here?" she asked.

"We're here to find some...artifact you might not know about," Cactuar said as he drank his juice through a straw. Serizawa drank his cupped beer in silence. The seductive bartender leaned over to the young Cactuar and casually smiled at him.

"Try me. Nothing escapes my ears in this town or the 4 regions of Talion," she said softly.

Cactuar began blushing violently and returned to sipping his juice. The wiser Serizawa placed his cup down, signalling a request for another drink.

"It's a mysterious gem of untold power. Known to the locals as Lirael's gem. We're here to collect it," Serizawa said.

"Oh? An extraordinary couple in an extraordinary adventure? Interesting. And what do you intend to do with this gem?" She asked as she filled his cup.

"Nothing. A higher being called Chronicler intends to return it to Lirael," he said. "An unknown entity is coming to destory Talion and the other 12 worlds. And we need to awaken Lirael from her slumber. To do that, we need her gem and I think its either in this town or the next -- I don't know really, we've been searching for 2 days and battling bandits and fiends to get what we want. So far the results are fruitless," Serizawa said.

The bar tender was now listening intently.

"Hmmm...Well for the gem's location, I can't help you both. Even if its nearing the end of all fantasies... But I do know one who can," she said.

"Y-yeah? Who?" Cactuar called out.

"Her name's Marin, she's Toki's local priestess. Once she banished a creature called Leviathan from Toki, but now her powers are waning due to lack of tradition thanks to the modernization from Spira and the other realms. Leviathan will eventually be released...Which I believe has the gem of Lirael. You want that gem, take out that fiend," the bar tender advised.

"But first, we need to find this Marin," Serizawa said. She handed him a picture of a blonde haired woman in Toki's traditional robes, with a smile on her face as well as the ever so familiar Leviathan seal on her right chest.

Serizawa left the tab along with a large tip for the bar tender and Cactuar followed his companion at his heels.

"Where are we going, Seri?" he asked in a puzzled voice. The look of weariness in Serizawa became very apparent.

"To sleep, kid. We gotta find Marin in the morning," Serizawa said. As the night continued to boom and glisten with its locals, the two adventurers laid at their rooms for their well earned sleep, hoping the next day would bring their brief time in Talion to a close. Serizawa gazed into the pink moon atop the planet as well as the other systems surrounding it, he took a sip of beer as he gazed on at the remarkable worlds he was born to and the countless souls residing in each of them. As he drifted off to sleep, he knew his quest and his ultimate goal will prevent the cosmic entity from destroying them all in due time.

@Hayabusa and @MagicMasher meets @Starburst who portrays a priestess named Marin as they plan to defeat the Leviathan. But can they both convince the priestess that she is more than what she makes herself to be before Toki vanishes under the wrath of the beast? Can the gem of @Lirael fall into their hands? Or will it remain lost and thus ensuring the destruction of the 13 worlds?

----------------------------------------------------------

"The Samurai and The Cactuar Prince - Part 2"

Serizawa was flung against the backdrop of an old tea house as water poured against the town of Toki. Hyuuga remained by his side as he tried to recover from the attack. In the distance, he saw Marin and Cactuar engaging in battle against a titanic sea creature with thorns as sharp as any blade and with its ability to call forth rain and thunder. If he couldn't find any solution in besting the beast, Toki would be doomed. He had to muster the courage and strength for the sake of his curse and the fate of the Star Systems before him.

"Damn it! Chron, where the hell is Izanagi and Orpheus!?" Serizawa called out to his guide. If he could call on the two gods of his team for aid, the tide of battle would no doubt turn in on their favour. Toki's scenery had now turned into a destroyed battlefield with innocents on the line as Leviathan laid his assault against the doomed town. Desperate times began looming upon him and his small companion and the priestess.

"Warrior, this is a test to prove your worth for the tasks far more dangerous to come. Izanagi and Orpheus cannot be relied on as options for now. You must seek the strength of your companions," a deep voice called out. Chronicler was at his observatory seeing the battle that had now gotten out of hand.

"Damn it! At least give us a boost in power or something! Hyuuga or the kid's needles can't break this thing!" Serizawa spat at his advisor with regards to Cactuar's skill in needle magic as well as his cursed sword, Hyuuga.

"Rely not on brute strength, Warrior, but on the skills and powers of the Priestess," he responded.

"Marin??? Seriously? She's a washed up priestess! What good can she do?!" he said as he instigated his batojutsu stance for a killing cut against the Leviathan.

"You must believe..."

"To hell with you!" Serizawa spat as his eyes began glowing red and Hyuuga herself began emitting an ominous song that would unlock Serizawa's curse to bring his rage and power at The Samurai's highest skill level. He wasn't going to let everyone down so easily, his honour refuses him to back down at all.

"Guess I got no choice..." Serizawa sighed as his rage began increasing. If this carries on, Cactuar is gonna be killed and Marin as well. He had to prevent their defeat at all costs. But with a foe as deadly as Leviathan, what are the odds?

---2 Hours ago---

"So this is the location?" Cactuar asked Serizawa as they came to a stop in the outskirts of Toki amidst a temple called Tengoku. One of the many fantastical temples that houses Talion's respective religions. Serizawa was all too familiar with this concept from his travels before. They were also prominent in other worlds within the boundaries of the 13 Star Systems. It brought back many fond memories of his times as a training warrior under his teacher's wing and one of his reasons for being a Samurai.

"Yeah. They keep telling us that Marin resided here or somewhat," Serizawa said as he took his step towards the temple.

Each stair leading to Marin's temple was decorated with various ornaments and designs with regards to Toki's culture, as well as the former priests and priestesses who took up their residence here in the form of banners with their names listed upon them. Cactuar was keen in discovering the cultural backdrop of Talion as well, as he had rarely ventured out of his comforted realm without the aide of his subjects. The lack of wealth, power and royalty has somewhat opened his eyes to the world around him as well.

Arriving at the temple's entrance, they awaited the arrival of one of the well known maidens associated with these temples. She arrived prim and dressed to greet their guests.

"Welcome! Have you come to pay tribute to the gods? Or do you wish to converse with the Priestess?" she asked.

"Tell her that The Cactuar Prince and his royal body guard has arrived to claim h-" Cactuar was immediately cut off by Serizawa.

"We're looking for The head Priestess of this temple...Her name's Marin. We need to discuss something with regards to this - " Serizawa revealed a scroll detailing the battle between Leviathan and the people of Toki about a century ago. The maiden took the scroll and read it carefully before nodding.

"Please follow me," she said. Serizawa picked up his spoiled companion and both proceeded to within the tranquil scenery of the temple.

From within, it was decorated with Talion's gods and goddesses of old. Lirael herself was included amongst these tributes. Upon arrival to the Priestess' chambers, they were greeted by a sleeping blonde female dressed in a traditional set of robes. She looked like she had a disgruntled encounter with a fiend, if the Samurai was to guess. The Cactuar Prince however was skeptical if she was even a Priestess at all.

"Your grace," she called at the slumbering beau.

With a snort, the woman awoken and glared at her arrivals.

"Kimiko, why'd you bring more chumps over? I told you official tribute hours is from 7 to 8 in the evening," she said in a groggy voice.

"Your grace, it is still noon and you still have not finished your services," Kimiko the maiden said gently.

"Plegh, as you wish... You two! What do you want eh? There's hardly a few worshippers ever paying respects to our culture or religion these days, What do you need from me? Money? I don't have any. Exorcism? I charge 1000000 gil for the services!" she explained.

"You can't be serious," Serizawa said.

"So this is how human priestesses act? I am intrigued," the Cactuar Prince said as he peeked through the perm of Serizawa's hair.

"Eep! A Cactuar!" she suddenly called out childishly as she got off the cushion-like bed of her chamber and rushed to grab the Prince.

She danced around gleefully as the confused Cactuar Prince looked on with a bewildered expression. She finally landed a hug to the small, doll-like creature.

"I love these little guys! You don't see much of them in Talion anymore!" she said as she cuddled the Prince cherishingly. The Cactuar Prince distanced himself from her as he tried to get a breather from the collosal assault of hugs.

"Pardon your gestures, human! Show some respect!" he said.

"He's not an ordinary Cactuar," Serizawa said.

"Oh?" she responded as she placed the pint-sized adventurer down.

"That's right! I'm Prince of the Cactuars! Of the Cactuar Kingdom on Besaid's System! I come before you as well as my royal bodyguard to seek your aid!" he declared.

"Ehh? What good can I do? I only perform rituals and white magic spells...Besides I am ill equiped due to my powers waning," she said.

"How so?" Serizawa asked.

"You see... Years ago after the war broke out. We all had been affected greatly. All of us priestesses and priests sacrificed our abilities to restore balance and order to all life within Talion. Alot of us are dying out in terms of tradition and skill as our magic had returned to within Talion. You both are looking at one of the last Priestesses of Talion as well as my apprentice," she said as she took a bottle of hot sake and pointed out to Kimiko, her maiden. The Prince had looked around, usually, in a shrine of worship, there would usually be countless of apprentices looking to keep the pacing of tradition. Kimiko seems to be the only one in attendance.

"War...As a result this planet is dying because of it. Can it be truly saved?" Serizawa asked.

"With the right faith, I believe so," Kimiko smiled at them. The Prince glanced at her, and saw but a frail and sad one.

"If I may be allowed to speak -- " The Prince said as Marin nodded.

"We have not come here to seek your aide in summoning a beast," The Prince said. "We've come to acquire Lirael's gem! Dark times loom ahead if we do not fulfill this quest as per the Chronicler's wishes!"

Marin gave the both of them long hard looks as she chugged down a bottle of sake and moved to the window overlooking the town of Toki. "The gem? Gem of the fallen Goddess? Why would you desire this?" she asked in an overly formal tone.

"Like I said: A cosmic entity of malevolent intent comes to tear our worlds apart and destroy reality in due time! One of our companions has described this as the End of Days and now we seek the help of Lirael! Without her, all hope will forever be lost. Not even my royal radiance can restore balance!" The Prince said.

"It's not that simple."

The both of them listened.

“To acquire the gem, you must defeat the dreaded Guardian of the Element: Leviathan. Only with his death can her gem be passed on to you,” Marin said.

“Well then...” Cactuar said.

“How long has he been sealed? Perhaps his weakened state can allow us to beat him with ease,” Serizawa said.

“Once he is unsealed, his strength will grow. If we fail to beat him in his awakening stages, Toki will be lost and Leviathan will be free to roam Talion and ensuring its destruction in the long run,” she explained. “Are you willing to risk all for a gem that will not guarantee sanctuary of the 13 realms?” she asked.

Serizawa looked at Hyuuga. The risk was high and he wasn’t sure that acquiring this gem or even beating Leviathan will be a guaranteed task to victory. He wasn’t even sure if Chronicler’s quest will be the path to peace not only for the 13 Systems, but with himself. Cactuar contemplated the outcome as well, strategically, fighting an entity of unknown origin with just the three of them was not wise. He knew his limits, but could the humans possess a certain power that he cannot even fathom? Could he rely on the 2 Gods that Chronicler mentioned prior to aid them?

“Yes. I will,” The Prince said.

“As will I,” Serizawa said.

Marin sighed with reluctance. “You are all going to lose,” she said.

---Present ---

Serizawa’s glowing aura of rage attracted the attention of the beast. Leviathan began sending a barrage of water attacks against him and the destroyed homes of Toki. Serizawa sliced the oncomming attacks with his batojutsu skills “Wrathful slash” and “Triple Dragon Attack” slashes. The cuts lowered the damages dramatically as he pushed through the attack of Leviathan. Serizawa’s rage began building to a degree that his vision began turning red. He sent a diagonal slash at one of the tentacles of Leviathan as it sliced off one of the beast’s tentacles. Serizawa grabbed one of the beasts tentacles and dug Hyuuga underneath the skin.

Marin and Cactuar began to regroup as they saw Serizawa laying an assault that seemingly brought little pain to the beast.

“A-amazing...” she blurted out at the curse overwhelming him.

“No time to spare, Priestess. If this continues, he will lose his soul to rage and that curse. He is buying us time! We need to find a weak spot fast,” Cactuar said.

“R-Right...” she glanced up at the ugly head of the beast as its eyes darted around in frantic rage. Serizawa’s attacks seemed to be confusing the beast due to his sword’s curse. The prolonged attacks of the accursed Samurai brought the beast’s head down and spotted a weak point over at the crainial region of Leviathan’s head.

“Cactuar! There!” She said as she threw some rocks at the seal overlooking the head. The Prince jumped on the command of the Priestess and blasted Leviathan’s head with the sharpest series of needles against the beast’s head. Leviathan yelled in pain as Serizawa’s attacks from below began to take their toll. The beast did not fetter however, as it slowly recovered from the duo’s attacks and flung its tentacles at the both of them. Serizawa was reunited with Cactuar as they landed at the foot of Marin.

Serizawa’s rage-mode died out as he laid at the ground, tired and in pain from the attack while Cactuar slowly recovered to begin preparing his needles to attack his opponent. Both parties were exhausted from the brunt of the assault. With little options left, would this spell doom for the trio? Marin’s powers begin to slowly awaken as she was determined to put a stop to this assault. Rain continued to pour as the Leviathan turned its gaze towards the three lone warriors who stood up to it. Serizawa slowly gathered himself as he weakly pulled Hyuuga out to continue his assault.

"I really can't..." she admitted. "It's hopeless...I can't find it in me to destroy this beast. My magic is at its limit!" she said. Serizawa glared at her while Cactuar looked on at Leviathan with the intent to barrage it with needles.

"Don't give me that crap!" Serizawa growled. "You know you're more than this. This isn't your limit! Fight on! Find your lost powers! You're more than just a waning priestess!" he said. At this time, it was no use calling her out on her lack of powers. He had to believe in her. He knows that her potential can exceed past all this. A glowing light began to engulf Marin as the two warriors look in surprise, while the Leviathan stared in shock. The final stage of this battle is at its climax.

@Izanagi, @Schnee and @Mad Dog along with @Gingerbread Man star as the other team (Izanagi, Orpheus, Alrisus the Alien police officer and Chronicler) who had returned from a dangerous mission to retrieve another piece of @Lirael's gem. Can these unlikely band of misfits calm their team mate and muster the desired team work needed to band into a fellowship that can eradicate the oncoming threat? Will they reach @Hayabusa, @Starburst and @MagicMasher in time before all is lost?

"Izanami's Body"

"Did they buy it?" Orpheus asked, as he knew it was his intent to exclude himself and the others from Serizawa's battle. Chronicler himself nodded his gingerbreaded body as Orpheus, another lost deity from another dimension as well as an intergalactic Police Officer named Alrisus Lar'Soni took residence at the darkest side of a tavern. A peculiar physical realm far from Talion or Spira. Serizawa and Cactuar were in Talion fighting a powerful entity for ownership of Lirael's gem, it was their test to be mentally and physically prepared for battles to come. Orpheus was cursed to reside on a cybernetic body crafted by the cosmic entity from the darkest corners of the 13 worlds. The reason why has yet to be revealed to either Chronicler, Alrisus Lar'Soni or Orpheus' counterpart, Izanagi.

"Good..Cos damn am I tucked out from fighting that chump. We make a good team you know? Still no leads on my guy," Al said as he fiddled with a gem.

"I am honoured to fight by you as well as Izanagi. And for many other team members to be assembled later on," Orpheus said in humble gratitude.

"Careful how you handle that, Alien. This is an instrumental object required to awaken the Goddess," Chronicler reminded Al.

"Whatever you say, sport," Al quipped as he tucked the gem in his 'Evidence' backpack. The trio had triumphantly defeated a beast from Spira an hour ago and needed some well earned rest. From the distance, a trench coated being was arguing with the bar tender.

"Dear me," Chronicler pointed out to their companion, Izanagi. Al sighed as he lowered his rifle and backpack down to join the lonely god while Orpheus joined the alien officer as well.

"--I can't believe you!!" Izanagi yelled at the bar tender, who was watching him with a baffled stare.

"Take it easy!" Al said as he grabbed Izanagi and was joined by Orpheus.

"This is insane! How could you name this pub after my wife's body?!! WHAT IS SHE TO YOU?! Answer me or face my wrath, mortal!!" Izanagi cried out to the patrons and the bar tender. A slap from Al calmed the upset deity.

"Cool it, hothead! We're attracting too much attention! Pretty soon we won't be able to rest anywhere but the outdoors!!" Al swore at Izanagi. All the other members of the pub were beginning to stare in anxiousness, even departing from the commotion forming at the bartender's perch.

Defeated and certain that he will recieve no recompetence for this insult, the lonely deity relented and dropped his magical spear to be collected by his counterpart, Orpheus. Both resigned to their seats at the darkest corners of the Tavern, with Chronicler watching them carefully. Izanagi slumped to the deep seat as he was forced to slug a drink provided by the Alien police officer. Chronicler patted the disturbed deity as he continued chugging.

"Damned humans, how did I miss out on this? Where did I go wrong?" Izanagi said with a mellow tone.

"What IS bugging you about this place other than it's called Izanami's Body?" Alrisius inquired. He was quite upset ever since they all had entered this unique setting.

"Damned beers, Alcoholic tonics, transformation potions, damned potions... from the Shin quadrant? My home? I invented this crap for mankind to prosper from THERE! And all these other incompetent mortals from THIS realm are getting rich over this with currency I am not aware existed!" Izanagi said as he slammed his spear against the ground.

"Yes, isn't this amazing?" Orpheus quipped as he sipped his drink, appreciating the creativity of humankind. Izanagi shot a glare at his counterpart, only to be countered with an indifferent stare. Chronicler took a neutral stance to his employee's predicament as Alrisius continued to listen with great interest and empathy.

"--It's not just the money or tribute! It's a pride thing! All these things! Zio? Mazionga? Dia? Dialga?? I made all these for my wife in hopes she would never be condemned to the underworld or to stall the ruler of that hellish place from claiming her! But this-" Izanagi looked around in contempt at the place these unlikely team of adventurers were residing. "This is the worst! This pathetic abode called Izanami's Body Tavern?? This is sacriledge!" He hissed in horror as he slammed his spear against the wooden floors.

"Take it easy!" Alrisus repeated sharply as he raised his hand on the deity.

"We still are burdened with impossible tasks, Izanagi. To whine like a child against this place is simply asking for a swift and unceremonious defeat from the horror that looms closer everyday," Chronicler advised.

"Yeah, boy. Learn to live a little! Aren't you supposed to be the wiser amongst these 'mortals'?" Alrisus asked as he passed a glass of unknown tonic to Izanagi.

Izanagi sighed as he allowed the mellow music of the tavern take him to a place he longed to be before chugging down Alrisus' tonic. Like Orpheus, Izanagi was banished and powers halved by the cosmic entity. He was flung to the 13 worlds in hopes of seeking redemption or a greater purpose. Izanami, his wife, was cast upon this realm as well. Half her soul wanders these worlds and it was his duty to collect it and ensure it returns to its rightful place.

Forgetting the grief of his counterpart, Orpheus pressed on the advise of the all wise Chronicler "So what do we do now once we are rested? Do we help the Samurai and the spoiled Prince?" Orpheus asked.

"They are on their own for now. I bear confidence in their abilities as well as their chance to recruit a new member to your fold. We will need as many as possible to combat this menace the looms in the horizon," Chronicler said.

"Who is he?" Orpheus asked.

"I know not of our foe. It troubles me so to imagine that a horror of the unknown longs to strike at the heart of these peaceful worlds. I will not allow it to happen, and so we seek Lirael's gems to awaken her from her eternal slumber," Chronicler said.

"Like the knights of old," Izanagi said, finally coming out of his grief.

"You long for your lost love and body," Chronicler began with Orpheus.
"You long for your wife's soul, redemption and your path home," he pointed at Izanagi and finally at Alrisus."You...What is it do you desire truly?"

"Well like I said, CHRON," Al said angrily. "I came from a distant quadrant in search of a crime lord who escaped here. Once I'm done, I'll be sure to set this entire catastrophe right...Maybe even call back up from the galactic feds," Al said. "Although frankly I doubt it myself, my comm links have all died since I landed here," he said.

"A strange being from another realm. Filled with alien-life. How fascinating," Chronicler said. "As I was saying: You all have desires, desires which Lirael can fulfil in return for bringing an end to the evil that comes from the beyond. Do this, and you all will earn your rightful happiness," Chronicler declared.

"So why us? Can't any other random folk join in?" Al asked.

"It is but a question of conviction, Officer," Chronicler said. "These two are deities of infinite power. You are a man of justice. Your comrades, Serizawa Renka and the Cactuar Prince are powerful allies in their own right. I long to assemble a team that can put an end to the cycle of hate brought by the dark one who reaches us. It is why I burdened you all with purpose and guide you to learn from your journeys," he said.

"So we are all here, in a Tavern. Drinking. Where's the journey in that?" Izanagi asked sarcastically.

"Once you are refreshed, join Serizawa and the prince before its too late," Chronicler said.

"I thought you said they had that fight handled?" Izanagi said in shock.

"I only chucked that nonsense so you both can rest at ease. But truthfully, they will perish if you three do not intervene," Chronicler said bluntly.

"Damn it, why didn't you say so before!?" Al swore at their guide.

"Look to Talion. You are all well rested now..." Chronicler said before vanishing into the winds as he refused to give a definite answer to this deceptive gambit.

"Well this is inconvenient," Orpheus sighed. His lie fell through and the other two are taking the fall for it.

"Let's go! They'll be killed without us!" Al said in urgency as he took one deep chug and left.

"I'm gonna go get some supplies. I'm damn sure that Seri and the kid are worn out on this," Izanagi said. Al nodded and took Orpheus outside.

"I would rather have you sit out the next fight. We the gods can handle this fight," Orpheus boasted at Alrisus.

"Like hell I'd let you, Orph. Allowing civilians to die in the line of duty is gonna get me fired," he said.

"But your jurisdiction does not reach these realms, Alien," He said.

"Yeah? But I wanna do the right thing. So does our emotional friend in the Tavern," Al said as he loaded his guns and sniper rifle for battle. Orpheus armed his musical instruments of terror as they prepared to march back into a battle that is already a losing one in Talion. Izanagi finally rejoined them as they initiated Chronicler's "Bridge to the Stars", a means of transport far faster than the relays of the galactic federation or Shin's "Flash sight" abilities.

"We need a plan once we get us together," Izanagi said.

"I just love it when a plan flies out the window," Al said in confidence.

"I don't need plans. Charge ahead without regrets and victory is ours," Orpheus calmly said.

"That's the stupidest plan ever," Izanagi laughed.

"My sincerest pleasure," Orpheus smiled.

Without a second to waste and a well earned rest, the 2 deities and the police officer of a world far removed from his own flung themselves into battle to save their new comrades.

Back