[19/03] Final Fantasy V coming to smartphones with enhanced 2D graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil

Remember that Final Fantasy “mobile revolution”? Well it’s still totally happening.

The next entry in the 25 years old series is Final Fantasy V. This version of the game will be available on both Android and iOS platforms from March 28th and is said to boast enhanced 2D visuals. The user interface has been updated for touch devices as well, and will carry a price of ¥1,800 – about $20.

Via: FF-Reunion.

Source: Nova Crystallis

EDIT:

Screenshots:

Source: Final Fantasy Network

Bugger. I'd love to see this and FFVI remade in 3D. I'd buy both if they were, despite the fact that FFV on GBA eventually overcame me with boredom.

Oh well, fine. Let's watch Square-Enix do what it does best. Inflating the prices of their iOS titles and seeing how far they can go - whether it's an upfront price or in-app purchases. Seriously, has anyone here seen their IAPs for FF Dimensions?

Where will this game be released at? Will it be world-wide, Japan, UK or U.S. only? Just wondering since all the screenshots were in Japanese.

Where will this game be released at? Will it be world-wide, Japan, UK or U.S. only? Just wondering since all the screenshots were in Japanese.

I don't think there has been news on that. However, most of SE's smartphone games are released worldwide simultaneously (FFIII, Tactics, Chaos Rings etc), with multiple language options (English, Japanese, etc).

The screenshots are in Japanese because they are from a Japanese magazine.

I am guessing that an official announcement with multi-language screenshots will surface sooner or later.

Though there's a small chance that I'm wrong, since SE is quite unpredictable sometimes.

Bugger. I'd love to see this and FFVI remade in 3D. I'd buy both if they were, despite the fact that FFV on GBA eventually overcame me with boredom. Oh well, fine. Let's watch Square-Enix do what it does best. Inflating the prices of their iOS titles and seeing how far they can go - whether it's an upfront price or in-app purchases. Seriously, has anyone here seen their IAPs for FF Dimensions?
Personally i prefer 16bit games to stay 16bit. Which is why i was so disappointed in final fantasy III being 3D and not even able to experience the original version. I have android, so the price will be halved when it comes out. Dimensions is currently 50% off for its 1 year anniversary and is now 10$ when it used to be 20. I feel sorry for iOS users because the pricing is even higher.

March 28th? And where the heck is FFIV on Android? I mean, yay for more FF on mobile, but I think all of us Android users would much rather have FFIV in 3D than FFV in enhanced 2D. Not to mention $20 is steep even for a SE game.

N
March 28th? And where the heck is FFIV on Android? I mean, yay for more FF on mobile, but I think all of us Android users would much rather have FFIV in 3D than FFV in enhanced 2D. Not to mention $20 is steep even for a SE game.
i still prefer the original 16-bit look. So obviously not all android users. Plus i personally believe theyre making final fantasy IV: The complete collection on iOS/Android. So i doubt the 3D version will come out on iOS/Android unless they remake ffIV Interlude and FFIV: the after years in 3D too

Well OK, the 16-bit version is great and all, but SE specifically said that the 3D remake of FFIV would be coming to Android this spring. There's still time for that to be true, but it is discouraging that FFV is coming to Android before any further word about FFIV has been given.

evkzLWD.jpg

I really don't like the new sprites they made for this release. They're just like the FF Dimensions sprites, complete with the same lack of detail and - with the lack of better words - somewhat soulless and plastic look. Contrast that to what we got for the high-def FFI, FFII and FFIV PSP ports. It's a startling stylistic difference.

|
|
V

new-final-fantasy-iv-complete-collection-screens-20110419093648375-3434269.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back