Absolutely Required Characters (spoilers)

Gil
First post. Cheers!

I beat the game a few years back and I'm trying to map out my next playthrough WITH a few challenges to spice things up. I tried looking it up and I honestly couldn't find an answer; what is the minimum amount of characters required to complete the game? If memory serves correctly, the game assigns Celes, Sabin and Setzer in the WoR and the rest are optional (?). My plan is to max out and complete the game with ONLY these three characters to see how this may affect the ending.

Just wanted to know if this was possible before heading into things. Thanks!

First post. Cheers!

I beat the game a few years back and I'm trying to map out my next playthrough WITH a few challenges to spice things up. I tried looking it up and I honestly couldn't find an answer; what is the minimum amount of characters required to complete the game? If memory serves correctly, the game assigns Celes, Sabin and Setzer in the WoR and the rest are optional (?). My plan is to max out and complete the game with ONLY these three characters to see how this may affect the ending.

Just wanted to know if this was possible before heading into things. Thanks!

The last dungeon requires you to have 3 parties, so those 3 characters will technically do it. Maxing those 3 characters would probably make the bosses easy enough in that last dungeon too.

I can't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to do it. You won't be able to get some of the best accessories though, like that double magic one at the top of the tower.

Good luck! Keep us informed on how it goes :lew:. And welcome!

Back