Alestorm

I fucking love Alestorm! True Scottish Pirate Metal! And they come from Perth too, which is pretty near where I live.

One of the only good Scottish metal bands in existence, with the exception of maybe Alba Gu Brath.

Quite funny band, but a bit to gimmicky for my taste. I used to listen to quite a lot of this folksy type of metal, but there are just to much bands in this genre and I stick to a few good ones that I like.

But it's quite fun in live performance, the crowd really was in a party mood.

Own both albums, and since the thread started anyway, I believe their latest CD "Black Sails at Midnight" has come out. Really, the strangest thing about this band for me is that I actually heard them on the radio. Now, most of the radio stations in my area are either rock, pop, country, adult standards, or rap.

Basically, my state ends up with everything BUT metal playing on the radio...unless you want to pay for satellite.

So why one of the rock station shows at night decided to play "Keelhauled", I will never know. Still, by the time I got home I'd found both albums on amazon and bought them in mp3 format (dammit I did NOT feel like waiting XD)

(Regarding the latest album; I liked the Pirates of the Caribbean nod in "No Quarter", and the band did a much rowdier (ie; more fun) version of "Wolves of the Sea" than the original group at Eurovision.)

Quite funny band, but a bit to gimmicky for my taste. Quite funny band, but a bit to gimmicky for my taste.
Mm...I listen to Rhapsody of Fire a lot...maybe that explains my love of the gimmicky :3

Back