Annoying Phrases

noname1520

This is your friend card. Write anything you want!
Gil
Has anyone thought that the character you were fighting said a phrase too often that it made you want to kill them more? Here are some of the ones I really hate.

Emperor: "Suffer"
Squall: "Going down"
Zidane: "Too slow" and "I'm right here"
Kefkla: "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon"
Jecht: "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon"
Kefkla VS Jecht: "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon" "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon"

IT DRIVES ME INSANE!

I think we could probably say that about all of the characters in Dissidia. They all always say the exact same thing every time you use an attack with them, and sometimes even the character that you are controlling can drive you insane. I do think that the game could have benefited from more variation in battle phrases.

I don't have any particular examples, but I found that most of them irritated me slightly after a while.

This is about the only phrase that annoys me but then again Jecht is the only one who annoys me in the whole game to be quite honest.

Jecht: "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon" <-----The most annoying thing to hear when your trying to concentrate

Well, it's a bit off-topic, but IMHO, I dislike some of the voices by themselves, regardless of what they say. I was VERY disappointed with Ultimecia. So many possibilities, so many failures. But yeah, Kefka is very annoying... I wanna beat his face into the side of wall...too bad they recover at like x10 the rate the player does. grrr...

Yeah, Ultimecia's voice made me disappointed. Didn't she originally have some sort of Russian accent or something? :thehell: And as much as I love Kefka, he was annoying as hell during battle. To be honest, I think I would've liked it better if they didn't say anything in battle at all.

And I think Ex-Death's are really weird. ._.

Sephiroth: "To the Promised Land"

Possibly one of the most annoying phrases. Also, Kefkla doesn't say "cmon cmon cmon" as much as Jecht. Still, they were both pains. I haven't been through all story modes yet. The ones with a really cocky attitude end up being the really annoying ones. I just cant think of other phrases right now...

I think anything that comes out of Cecil's mouth drives me bonkers. Everything he says is so... cheesy. I love him and all, but he's like "The King Of Cheddar-Cheese" when it comes down to his phrases. Another one is Kefka. That "C'mon, C'mon, C'mon!!!" was enough to make my head go ker-poof. Some of Terra's phrases like "Get Away!" were pretty annoying too .-__-

Oh, yes, Terra's whiney little 'get aways' really annoyed me. But that was probably just as much to do with the voice as the phrases.
I never really noticed Jecht saying 'cmon cmon cmon'. Kefka, however... I noticed that, and it really did annoy me.

I never really noticed Jecht saying 'cmon cmon cmon'. Kefka, however... I noticed that, and it really did annoy me.

I couldn't remember at first either, but I think he tends to do it when he uses Jecht Rush. But really, without hearing it, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Kefka is the most annoying in general to me. His voice is what does it. But he "C'mon c'mon c'mon" is pretty annoying in itself. I've fought against him once where he said it like 3 or 4 times in a row.

Tbh I don't remember Squall saying "Going Down" but his phrase "whatever" sorta got on my nerves after a while.

I found Kefka to be more entertaining in battle and everything he said was hilarious. I just could never take him seriously! He's the villain I hate to love!

I always hated kefka's "zappo!" because I would play with my friend and he always used that move :O believe me, kefka's voice actor is great, but I just can't stand it. -_-

And I hate how LIMITED Terra's phrases are. "Flood the waters, flood the waters." "Belevolent winds, belevolent winds." And I agree with the "get away"s, I hate those too. She's one of my best characters, but I wish she'd have more than one line for every attack. :P

@Aerith: I thought it was ''Sorrowful Waters'' and ''Malevolent Winds''? :eek:
I could be wrong though. But, I agree with you, it's probably how limited her phrases are. I loved Terra's voice because I thought suited her well, but hearing her say the same thing over and over got on my nerves a bit. She's also my best character too, with Cecil behind her.

I personally hated Zidane's, "Fly away" line. It could be the snobbiness in his voice when he says it, but whatever it is, it annoys the living schtick out of me.

Cloud: "Burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, no hard feelings."

Jesus fucking H Christ. He's fucking annoying. It amazes me how people think everything to come out of his ass is solid fucking gold. :hmph:

Aurons Moving Speech before you battle Yunalesca

"NOW, THIS IS IT, NOW IS THE TIME TOO CHOOSE, DIE AND BE FREE OF PAIN OR LIVE AND FIGHT YOUR SORROW, NOW IS THE TIME TO SHAPE YOUR STORIES, YOUR FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS"

not so moving when your on you 5th attempt :ffs:

Aurons Moving Speech before you battle Yunalesca

"NOW, THIS IS IT, NOW IS THE TIME TOO CHOOSE, DIE AND BE FREE OF PAIN OR LIVE AND FIGHT YOUR SORROW, NOW IS THE TIME TO SHAPE YOUR STORIES, YOUR FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS"

not so moving when your on you 5th attempt :ffs:

I AGREE, all the way. I hate Yunalesca SOOOO much.. and I'm hating the game for not letting us skip cutscenes. UGH.

.....but we're talking about Dissidia, no?
:D

It's so annoying to hear Tidus say "Take that....and another!". Over and over, it's like he's playing blitz ball in my head!

Back