arrg stupid exodus!

franrulez

Gil
help!

i've just found exodus the esper after doiing that anoying mosphoran highwaste sidequest and i cant beat him! im lvl 40 with good equipment but he wont die!!

help:blink::blink:

Haha how ironic, I just fought him this morning. I lost, also. Level 40 is a bit under-leveled to be honest; I had a team of 50, 43, 43 with a back-up team of 35s in place. Even with protect, shell and haste, quickening chains doing 20,000+ damage, and Espers (He killed Adrammelech in one hit!), I couldn't win. I'd suggest getting all your team to at least 45, and buying equipment that can help you withstand Scathe (even my level 50 Vaan couldn't take it at full health).

As for a tactic, beating him with physical attacks works really well until you get him to around half his health. Then he'll start casting Scathe (hits everyone for 4000 damage if you have the same levels/equipment that I did), which will wipe you out in one hit. If you can withstand Scathe, beat the crap out of him until he falls; if not, Quickenings MAY get the job done if you pull them off right.

Also, don't summon Espers; he'll mop the floor with them.

Last edited:
I beat this guy with a lvl 28 party cuz i am l33t.

Basically just select a tank (Fran works well), and have her with diamond shield and the current best sword you can get your hands on, and attack him a few times. I was hitting about 1k per slash so i kept aggro easy.
Have a ranger spam shots and someone dispelling reflect and using your best spell on him. Your tank should run around to avoid attacks and spells as opposed to taking the damage. Have your tank with healing gambits and just squeeze in attacks when you can.

When he becomes immune to a lot of crap, just dispel reflect and keep casting bio. If you don't have dispel, either get it, or never beat him, lolol.

An alternate strat is spam your espers until they are all used up then use an ether and let out a quickening, but thats not a very good one. And the above post just reminded me, to avoid scathe just make sure the person he'a aiming for is away from the other 2 members, so that way only 1 person will die instead of 2 or 3.

The first strat worked for me fine but if you need further elaboration just say.
And rofl Aerith I've seen you move at least 6 threads to the help booth, and I only joined this forum merely 2 or 3 days ago.

Back