Blocking HP Attacks

bloodcraze

Gil
for jecht and exdeath. can they block these attacks?
I havent managed to block or I havent tried blocking these attacks yet. or its just that they cant really block these attacks:

wol-radiant sword
garland-blaze
the emperor-starfall(seems impossible to block)
onion knight-comet
cloud of darkness-aura ball, anti-air, wide angle, fusillade
cecil-dark flame
golbez-night glow
bartz-flood
exdeath-grandcross
terra-flood
kefka-trine, forsaken(seems impossible to block)
sephiroth-black materia(seems impossible to block)
ultimicia-apocalypse
zidane-free energy
kuja-ultima(seems impossible to block)
gabranth-innocence(you can block the first one, but the other three. no?), guilt
chaos-condemn, demonsdance(too many to block?), brink of delusion(impossible. right?)

I'm not quite sure, so don't take my full hearted word on this but...
Exdeath has one attack that can block anything but needs the right timing. I don't know what the name of the attack is called but the main idea is that it engulfs Exdeath in this white shell looking thing, its there for about a split second, that's when the attack should hit, I think that blocks anything and counter attacks if the opponent is close enough.

i dont think HP attacks are blockable besides using ex force

yes they can be blocked besides using hp ataacks and entering ex mode.. but only exdeth and jecht can do it.. exdeath has the omni block and jecht has the jecht block..

bloodcraze said:
wol-radiant sword
garland-blaze
the emperor-starfall(seems impossible to block)
onion knight-comet
cloud of darkness-aura ball, anti-air, wide angle, fusillade
cecil-dark flame
golbez-night glow
bartz-flood
exdeath-grandcross
terra-flood
kefka-trine, forsaken(seems impossible to block)
sephiroth-black materia(seems impossible to block)
ultimicia-apocalypse
zidane-free energy
kuja-ultima(seems impossible to block)
gabranth-innocence(you can block the first one, but the other three. no?), guilt
chaos-condemn, demonsdance(too many to block?), brink of delusion(impossible. right?)

cod's anti air particle beam is blockable, also wide angle particle beam is blockable..
i manage to block the black materia of sephiroth but for the big one.. not successful so far..
zidane's free energy was blocked my friends exdeath..
gabranth-don't bother blocking innocence
chaos-brink of delusion.. yeah its impossible to block..
that all for now...

Last edited:
HP attacks that can be High Guarded:
Radiant Sword
Blaze
Tidal Flame
Scintilla (1st hit only!)
Fussilade Particle Beam
Guilt (1st hit only - the explosion is NOT High Guardable.)
Probably some others too.
ALSO - BRV attacks that normally stagger a blocking opponent (for example fully charged Knight's Sword) CAN be High Guarded (but not Mid or Low Guarded), but BRV attacks that Guard Crush (for example Firion's axe) can NOT be High Guarded.
HP attacks that can NOT be Omni Blocked (all others can be Omni Blocked although watch out - some of them require precise timing, others require INSANE timing)
Ultima
Seraphic Star
Flare Star? It has 2 explosions, the 1st one can be OBlocked but it won't stagger Kuja, so you have to Counter before he does the 2nd explosion.
(Don't bother fighting Kuja with Exdeath as Kuja has a giant huge massive epic advantage over him)
Starfall
Both Floods
Grand Cross
Comet
Hyperdrive
Innocence (although avoiding the 1st 3 hits and Omni Blocking the 4th and last one will work out)
Some others.

I hope this helps.

Most of these attacks, you can actually evade, if you have March Air Slide equipped. Lol. Just saying. Although, I do have difficulty blocking/evading Ultima and Innocence at times. And what do you mean by low, mid and high blocking? Does that mean when you're airborne or something?

They are exdeath's BRV moves. You forgot cloud's HP attacks. They all defence crush.

ok_tiida said:
Most of these attacks, you can actually evade, if you have March Air Slide equipped. Lol. Just saying. Although, I do have difficulty blocking/evading Ultima and Innocence at times. And what do you mean by low, mid and high blocking? Does that mean when you're airborne or something?
Those abilities are exdeath's BRV moves..
and dont bother blocking kuja's ultima because its useless.. and for innocence, if you want to dodge, dodge sidewards.. if you want to block, block the last shockwave..

calze6 said:
They are exdeath's BRV moves. You forgot cloud's HP attacks. They all defence crush.
all hp attacks can crush defense but jecht and exdeath has a special blocking ability that those abilities can even block hp attacks.. but they cant block all hp attacks..

I don't think so, i'm gonna try this out to make sure though.
I'll post results later today, if there are any other suggestions gimme a hollar.

are you talking about the cloud in ex mode?. i dunno if his hp attacks can crush the jecht and omni block.. but if he's not in ex mode.. you can still block his hp attacks.. well except for meteor rain.. you cant block all the meteors so just dodge..

silvercrowe: Well, I guess I can't block Ultima, but I can evade, although I have only been successful a couple of times. (35% of the time, I guess). March Air Slide! \o/ Or just by Free Air Dash-ing toward Kuja as he casts it.

As for Cloud, I've noticed his HP attacks can activate (?) defense/guard crush, but I don't think all can. And for Meteor Rain, I guess when you see the name, jump back as far as you can before it hits you, as it's only a mid-ranged attack.

If you have trouble against ultima, I feel sorry for you against forsaken null. Just keep dodging away from the spell. I far prefer dodging to blocking.

EX Mode Cloud can break through High Guard, but he's useless against Omni Guard.

Back