Damage output.

nafeasonto

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I have a question. Will we be able to do more then 9999 damage? Because let's face it FFX was the only one to break that limit and it only made sense. When you see a summon do a RIDICULOUSLY long, and vigorous, AMAZING attack and it only does 9999 your like, UM? Especially some of the long ones like in FFXII, I said to myself, how can they only do 9999??? I hope they give a break limit again in 13. It only makes sense.

I hope we can and actually in Final Fantasy VIII Eden could do 30,000+ damage, and Quistis's Limit Break Shockwave Pulsar could do 10,000+ damage, so you never know, they may decide to make it so you could do that much again.

I mean Zordiak's limit break in FXIII was like WOAH. And it only does 9999 um....

The developers went through all that trouble to make an amazing sequence,

In the re-released version of FF12 you can break the damage limit.

I love the idea of going past 9999, It's something that should be in the future games but don't make it easy to get.

I mean Zordiak's limit break in FXIII was like WOAH. And it only does 9999 um....

The developers went through all that trouble to make an amazing sequence,

Actually Zodiark's ultimate attack can break the damage limit. So can Shemhazai's.

Anyway, I've never really found it necessary to go past 9,999 damage. The games are easy enough as it is, particularly FF7 and forward. There's no real reason why you need to deal 99,999 damage to a foe. And if the damage limit were set that high, they would need to adjust the monsters' and bosses' HP and stats to accommodate it (if you still wanted the game to be challenging) so it would really make no difference.

When you see a summon do a RIDICULOUSLY long, and vigorous, AMAZING attack and it only does 9999 your like, UM?

I was never like UM? As a matter of fact, 9999 has always been pretty uber and it generally took a really strong summon or alot of work to get ulitmate weapons that could do that. Previous FFs have never really NEEDED a break damage limit because they kept the HPs of enemies fairly reasonable. It wasn't until X introduced lots of bosses with uber high HPs and made break damage limit possible for everyone, not just summons, that people started to clamor for "ZOMG I WANNA BREAK 9999!!!"

But like Nephry said, it really evens out, getting over 9999 in FFX or FFXII really isn't as special as people realize. All they do is make the boss HPs higher because if you were stuck dealing 9999 to a boss with over 500,000 HP the battle would become way too long. It only seems like it's so uber because everyone is used to 9999 being the limit for most things.

I guess... so long as they make it all relative.

Once you obtain what’s needed - allowing your character to break the damage limit, then all the enemies HP and Stats should immediately increase as well. Otherwise, the game play and battles would become way too easy as well as overpowering.

i like the really big damage, so i hope they add a break damage limit like in FFX too

To be honest, I can't say that it really matters. If the developers decide to set a higher damage limit, they'll just proportionally increase the enemies' and bosses' HP so it's all relative. I mean, do you guys really want to be doing 99,999 damage when the final boss only has about 900,000 HP? It would be over in 9 turns, if that. That's not exactly an epic final battle, if you ask me. I'm perfectly content with the damage limit we have now, but I also think that we should have one or two attacks that can break it. For example, the reason why Eden was so cool in FFVIII was because it could break the damage limit. That made it unique. If everyone could do it, then such attacks as Omnislash and Duel (because, technically, they did break the damage limit) would have a lot less of an impact.

Isn't there a break damage limit in FFXII well i didn't even noticed it probably because i'm lvl 45 >_< well i don't really need it i got it in FFXII and it was only usefull for Holy,Ultima,Flare,Healing,Overdrives & Aeons ouw...so it kinda was important i hope they put it in ffxiii

With breaking the 9999 damage limit is the way to defeat the stronger enemies in FFX.
And as for an easy end battle the developers could try to make it harder (or easier) depending on the stats of your characters.
Or a max damage of say 99999 (maybe higher) for FFXIII. I dunno but I hope the max damage is mega

In all honesty, breaking the damage limit ruins the game. I can't fight Jecht in FFX any more because he's dead in three hits. Bah.

Back