Differences Between the USA and Europe Version.

I know there are differences with the Debug room, but this is all. I know that for gameshark codes to reach the debug room, they have an american and UK version. XD

This is all I be knowin'.

I've never played the uk version so I don't know much about it. However, I can tell you the US version does have both Emerald and Ruby weapon. I think it was the original Japanese release that didn't have them.

Lucky bastards. :monster:

There's also a difference in which gameshark codes work for each version, apparently.

well yea it would make a huge diffrence, mostly because of what you get for them. The emerald and ruby weapons drop two specific items, you take these items to the one guy in that one town(just forgot) and you get some master materia( another set, but diffrent then the ones in Cosmo Canyon) and a gold chcobo.

I've never played the uk version so I don't know much about it. However, I can tell you the US version does have both Emerald and Ruby weapon. I think it was the original Japanese release that didn't have them.

UK version has both Emerald and Ruby as well.

UK version has both Emerald and Ruby as well.
It does? That's good then lol, I heard somewhere that it doesn't and I was really disappointed by that. I only bought the game off eBay recently and received it yesterday. Brand new and factory sealed! I have played a copy of the game in the past but only got to the second disc and yeah. I am not completely sure what the difference is between the US and UK versions! =[

I think (and I really could be wrong here) that generally the UK versions of all the FF series are actually called international editions, they tend to be either a direct translation of the Japanese original or have a few extra's thrown in that the US market dont have (Dark Aeons in FFX for example). As far as I know, there is no difference between the US and UK versions of VII, there was an 'extended' Japanese version which added nothing to the story but had an encyclopedia-type extra. As I say, I can't verify this, its just what I have picked up over the last few years.

There is no actual difference between the 2, i have a UK version of the game and a US game guide completed the game to the max with the guide, nothing was out of place or different

I think (and I really could be wrong here) that generally the UK versions of all the FF series are actually called international editions, they tend to be either a direct translation of the Japanese original or have a few extra's thrown in that the US market dont have (Dark Aeons in FFX for example). As far as I know, there is no difference between the US and UK versions of VII, there was an 'extended' Japanese version which added nothing to the story but had an encyclopedia-type extra. As I say, I can't verify this, its just what I have picked up over the last few years.

I replied to this before, but it apparently died in the hacking.
In any case, no, the International editions are the Japanese re-releases, often with additional content and in the case of the newer ones, English Voice Acting. FF7 International is what you're thinking of when you refer to the encyclopedia type extra. It had a 4th disc with all sorts of info on it. Like a key item Gallery (with the text of Zack's letter, and an Image of Tifa's stretched Undies- Pink and Frilly, BTW- among them).

Back