Does anyone have/play the pc ver. of FFVII?

yuei

Gil
I am asking because i cant even play the demo, and my pc run's Halo >_<. In the demo i see Cloud run into the fight at the Golden Saucer, the battle begins but only for a secund then the demo crash's>_<.

I have it-haven't played it for donkeys-my PCs too shit to run it anyway... I 'borrowed' the PSX version off my friend a few years ago, so I played that-my PC crashed at Cosmo Canyon at the Planetarium... so yeah, I have it.

hey man. I've got it. haven't got it to work, but decided to replace midi's with mp3s and make the character avatars pictures from AC and updating models etc...I think I might play it in a few :p

I've played the PC version and had some problems at first. Good thing, I was informed that a patch is needed. Everything went on smoothly.

I got the PC version of this game as well as the PS1 version. The reason I got the PC version is simply cuz I never owned a PS1 at the time.

Anywayz both versions of this game are good, though I've found that the PC version sometimes crashes for some reason when I was playing it.

I have the PC version and it didn't work on my computer for a long time. It just wouldn't load when I wanted to play it, but like weeks later all of a sudden it started working.

I do like the PC version a little better, mosty because I can play it, and watch tv at the same time. Something hard to do with the PS1 version unless you have 2 tvs in the same room.

righty folks. The problem with the PC version of FF7 is that it takes a lot more RAM that you might actually think. It can play all the movie sequences, sure, but putting the sound effects with the movie sequences take up a lot of ram. Secondly, the music timing slows down depending on how much ram you have. The main thing you have to worry about though. Is the swirling effect of when you get into a battle, for instance, the gold saucer demo. That takes up the most RAM in the whole game. So personally, I just switch off that effect, in the FFconfiguration files. So it doesn't display special effects. Don't worry, you still have magic, limits, and everything else, just that the swirling effect doesn't happen, so you're instantly in a battle. I'd recommend around 2GB for FF7, to play rather smoothly...

You've got to understand the computer has the capability to play FF7, but that its got system processes, MSN, winamp, internet updates, limewire and bitorrent to do at the same time, which obviously takes up memory.

I have the PC version, I enjoyed it, that is, until I reach the Sewer boss fight, in which the game freezes and crashes my PC because it is a piece of
shit
. If I could get past there I would surely play through it, as it seems better than the PSX version.

I am just wondering if there where any patches that where released to prevent the game from crashing. I wouldn't mind downloading one.

i cant find the pc version anywhere i been looking for ages and my m8s got it and he wont lend me it and i been lookin hte the shop he got his from they dont sell them anymore they didnt sell last time relli so im not happpy

Is there an actual difference in gameplay? I own both, but since I fired up the emulator on my computer and ISOed my game, I haven't used it...is it really better?

Is there an actual difference in gameplay? I own both, but since I fired up the emulator on my computer and ISOed my game, I haven't used it...is it really better?

No the gameplay is still the same as the PS1 version. Though it has been said that the graphics and music do look and sound a little bit better than that of the PS1 version.

So, does anyone know where to find a patch or anything? I dont have the disks either, would i still be able to play if I get this patch?

Back