Dr. Cid in arcades

xXLethargyXx

Gil
iv just got to the 70th floor in the lab in arcades, and am not suprised to find that i have to kill Dr.Cid, but how do i do this? he has thous "rooks" flouting round him, and they apaer to prevent magical attack, and he casts a spell on him self to make himself immune to phisical attack... do i kill the rooks and magic him to death? if so, this is bad because all my magic is status effect magics, and only two weak damaging spells. how am i to kill Cid?

You brought Aeroga on Archades?

Destroy the rooks around him and all his spell cancelling, magic status will go all away. Aeroga will help you a lot defeating them, when you destroy the Rook who nullifies Magic.

That's one way to do it. Or you could do it the way I did. Use your quickenings like crazy. If you get lucky and string the combos, it does massive damage to him. That's how I defeated him.

I think his immunity to physical attacks is intermittent. So just have two characters attack and one heal and use status magic on the others. You may have to kill some of the rooks, but it's not difficult. Just keep your characters alive and the gambits should eventually get them to defeat Cid.

Defeat One of the Rooks, then use a quickening. If you built up a large chain it should destroy the other three (hopefully). Once the Rooks are out of the way, Dr Cid should be easy.

Yeah, kill the Rooks. Don't even TOUCH Quickenings (you could if you want to if you feel lucky, but I personally wouldn't.) or Dr. Cid 'till you get rid of those. Then once they're gone, Dr. Cid is vulnerable and he's really lacking in decent offensive moves. He'll die pretty quickly if you have the latest armour and weapons.

Back