Favourite Bit of obscure Information

Shinbrien

Gil
What's your favourite bit of obscure information in ff7 that makes you proud you know the game so well?

For example mines is: When you fall through one of the gaps on the train track type walkways on the way to Mt Corel, if you hold left and keep tapping circle you will get a W-Machine gun and if you hold right and circle you will get a Star Pendant.

Thank You:eek:uttahere:

In Costa Del Sol, on the first visit, if Red XIII is not in your party he'll be resting by the kids playing soccer. You can kick the ball at him.

If you get to the Mythrill Mines before entering Kalm, you can only go left not right. But you can get the Long Range Materia doing this :) Not much use, but it helped me get the Beta Enemy Skill before actually going through the annoying cutscene of Cloud's past.

What's your favourite bit of obscure information in ff7 that makes you proud you know the game so well?

For example mines is: When you fall through one of the gaps on the train track type walkways on the way to Mt Corel, if you hold left and keep tapping circle you will get a W-Machine gun and if you hold right and circle you will get a Star Pendant.

Thank You:eek:uttahere:
Btw it's a weapon for Aeris not the W-Machine Gun. The W-Machine Gun is on the tracks already, just before or after the save point.

Yes, it was the Wizard Staff, and I agree that the Long Range is very useful obscure info, but I consider the MM Dragon's Flamethrower more useful, because it is one of the more damaging skills you can use against JENOVA-BIRTH.

Doesn't holding the shoulder buttons charge up your sprint time alot quicker during the Chocobo races?

Remember something like that, but not exactly, not played it for a while.

In an house in Sector 5 (the one on the bottom right) you can search drawers on the second floor for 5 gil. If you don't take it, there will be an turbo ether there after Sector 7 slums gets destroyed. How someone bought any kind of ether with 5 gil, I have no idea...

In the part where Cloud fights all those soldiers towards the start, I'm pretty sure you can see moving shadows in the windows of the nearby building...

Last edited:
R1 and R2 all thats needed to boost chocobos' stamnia during races.

I always laugh at the fact that the greens you BUY and the greens you USE are spelt differently for several (maybe all) of them when feeding chocobos

Last edited:
A lot of items are different on the menu than when you pick them up in the field. An example is the Norther Crater has an "Last Elixir", which is really an Megaelixir. Also, at one point there's an inexplicable sign in Tifa's bar saying "Texas". I wonder where Texas is on the Planet...

Back