Help FFIX

the tourist

Gil
There are numerous walk-throughs available for these games, it seems. I'm looking for a good one. Any recommendations? I'd like to attempt to reap all the benefits of the game for once, as I failed to do in 7 & 8, and be able to play it faster instead of getting stuck and taking ultimately 5+ years to beat it (as was sadly also the case in 7 & 8). I may replay 7 one of these days with a walk-through too.

So, yeah, any highly recommended walk-throughs for FF9?

I know what I wouldn't recommend, and that's the official guide, it's missing loads of stuff, although you can still 100% the game with it, I was pulling my hair out doing the chocograph sidequest with it though....

Can't think of anything online though, sorry, just uh...google it? Ive used that caves of narch (sp?) for a couple of the older games and that was ok, but I dont tend to use online walkthroughs, so I jsut went with the first search result on googlw :wacky:

Yar, to follow what Bambi says - the official guide most of the time tells you to go onto specific website links for more information, but this is bad for two reasons - 1) The links do not work. 2) Not everyone owns the internet!

http://www.ffinsider.net/final-fantasy-9/walk.php

This seems good - all sections are split up accordingly, and down the side their are plenty of guides to follow.

Hope it's ok for ya!

Yeah, Gamefaqs usually has the best guides for any game, that's the first place I always check :)

Also sometimes in the Walkthrough it may not give you a great battle stratergy for some parts or you may not understand it. If that is the case for some things xD feel free to post back with any problems you experince and the walkthrough can't help you out ^.^

Also sometimes in the Walkthrough it may not give you a great battle stratergy for some parts or you may not understand it. If that is the case for some things xD feel free to post back with any problems you experince and the walkthrough can't help you out ^.^

Yeah, the battle strategy's they give you I usually find are about half right, if that makes any sense, lol. I usually find it best to only take advice of the battle strategy but also do your own thing at the same time, like use what they say but also try other things along with the strategy if it don't work out for you.

Kuponet is erroneous at times. The Official Guide is like paying for a scavenger hunt (the links used to work, so I don't hold that part against them, but it was just a stupid idea to begin with.)

GameFaqs

If not, FF WIkia
---

Also, thread title should be changed. It's far too broad.

Last edited:
I could not believe that they would pull something like that on the official guide. Unfortunately it looks like they actually pulled down the whole page, instead of just moving it. I was able to find it up to a couple years ago.

I would just go to gamefaqs.com and check out the two "starred" walkthroughs. I prefer the second one since the layout is a lot better. Easier to search for things too.

Back