Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Major Spoilers!

I found this earlier after tons of researching about the subject. Let's just say it's a timeline to get a better grasp of the story. Thank you Hayate for your recent threads, as it inspired me to dig up information and finally came across this. I now fully understand the whole story of FFX.

Hmm, and I still have my own theory about Shuyin being in the Old Zanarkand (and not Tidus)...that the Fayth dreamt about Shuyin...and in turn Tidus was created in the Dream Zanarkand.

Anyway, if you haven't played FFX yet and don't want it spoiled, you know what to do. ;) But if you've played it and still don't really understand the whole concept of the game or have any sort of questions, then by all means...read on. xD

1000+ years before FFX - Tidus and his family are real, and live in the real Zanarkand.

1000+ years before FFX - Zanarkand and Bevelle are both at war. Zanarkand is real and alive (in Spira), and they sing the "Hymn of the Fayth" in defiance of Bevelle. Bevelle bars the song. Bevelle uses machina, Zanarkand uses Summoning.

1000 years before FFX - Bevelle launches it assault on Zanarkand. Zanarkand is all but destroyed by Bevelle's machina. Zanarkand's survivors escape to Mt. Gagazet to become fayth for the summoning. Zanarkand leader, Yu Yevon, creates/dreams Sin. Bevelle's armies attack Gagazet. Sin appears, and chases them away. Sin completely destroys Zanarkand, but Yu Yevon's daughter (Lady Yunalesca) and her lover (Lord Zaon) escape. The fayth summon a dream Zanarkand.

1000 years before FFX - Sin begins a reign of terror in SPira, destroying the machina cities. Lady Yunalesca uses Lord Zaon as her fayth/aeon in the Final Summoning to defeat Sin. Yunalesca dies. And Zaon, the Final Aeon, becomes the next Sin (because Yu Yevon, who resides within Sin using Sin as his armor, merges with this Final Aeon to create the new Sin). Yunalesca's unsent self moves into the ruins of Zanarkand. A Calm of ten years (without Sin) begins.

1000 years before FFX - Meanwhile, fearing Yu Yevon's Sin, the leaders of Bevelle create a religion devoted to worshiping Yevon and following his precepts. Thus, most machina (since it was used to destroy Yevon's Zanarkand) is banned, while the "Hymn of Fayth" is unbanned and made scripture. This is also where Zanarkand's Blitzball "victory" motion becomes the prayer motion of Yevon. Bevelle also adopts Zanarkand's Blitzball.

999 years to 10 years before FFX - Every ten years, Summoners use the Final Summoning to defeat Sin. Each time, the new Final Aeon becomes the next Sin.

10+ years before FFX - The fayth summon/create/dream up Tidus, Jecht, and his family in their dream Zanarkand.

10+ years before FFX - In the real world (Spira), Braska's daughter, Yuna is born. Shortly thereafter, Braska's wife is killed by Sin. Braska decides to become a Summoner to defeat Sin.

10 years before FFX - Braska and his guardian, Auron, go on the pilgrimage to obtain the Final Aeon and defeat Sin.

10 years before FFX - Sin is floating around the waters of the dream Zanarkand. He can enter into the dream world because he is created by Yu Yevon. With his makeup, Sin enjoys the "Hymn of the Fayth" which he hears in the dream Zanarkand. Jecht - Tidus' father - is also swimming in these waters. He comes in contact with Sin, and is transported into the real world (Spira). Jecht becomes real.

10 years before FFX - Braska and Auron rescue Jecht from prison in Spira. Jecht becomes a guardian, and accompanies them on the pilgrimage. Jecht eventually volunteers to become the Final Aeon. Beforehand, Auron promises Jecht that he will go to the dream Zanarkand and watch over Jecht's dream son, Tidus. Braska uses Jecht to defeat Sin. Braska dies. And, being the Final Aeon, Jecht becomes Sin. Meanwhile, Auron heads back to the ruined Zanarkand to face Yunalesca about this unending cycle of sacrifices. Yunalesca all but kills him, but Auron crawls down to the foot of the other side of Mt. Gagazet. There he finds Kimahri, and tells him to find Yuna (Braska's daughter). Auron dies, but is unsent.

1+ years before FFX - Yuna decides to follow in her father's footsteps and become a summoner. She aquires the guardians Lulu, Wakka, and Kihmari.

1+ years before FFX - Auron "rides" Sin/Jecht to the dream Zanarkand. There he watches over Tidus for a time.

1+ years before FFX - In the real world (Spira), Seymour - half guado, half-human - aquires an aeon from his mother, who became a fayth.

FFX (seen in the game's opening movie) - Sin/Jecht attacks the dream Zanarkand. Auron learns that Sin/Jecht wants Tidus to become real, just like he (Jecht) did. So Sin draws Tidus and Auron inside, making Tidus real. Tidus wakes up in the real world (Spira). He eventually becomes a guardian (along with Auron), and accompanies Yuna on her pilgrimage.

FFX - Seymour, who dies but is unsent, wishes to become Yuna's Final Aeon. By doing so, he can become the next Sin and "end the suffering" of the people by killing them all.

FFX - Tidus learns the he, Jecht, and the Zanarkand they lived in were dreams of the fayth. He also learns that the fayth are tired of dreaming. But they can't stop dreaming because of Tidus and Jecht. Tidus became real as did Jecht. Also, as long as Jech exists as Sin, the dreaming will continue because the fayth will still need to be summoned to fight Sin.

FFX - Eventually, Yuna and crew decide to break the cycle (and thus the dreaming of the fayth). Instead of offering a Final Aeon, Yuna and crew destroy Lady Yunalesca (the only person who could create the Final Aeon). Thus, no more Final Aeon, Final Summoning, and no new Sin after this one because of it. In order to completely end Sin's reign and bring an eternal Calm, Yuna and her guardians decide to enter Sin and destroy it's creator: Yu Yevon.

FFX - Yuna and her guardians enter Sin. Inside, they destroy Seymour and finally send him to the Farplane. Further on, they defeat and send Braska's Final Aeon: Jecht. Finally, Yu Yevon himself is destroyed after he has no more Aeons to possess. The Aeons and Sin are destroyed. With Spira once again in the hands of the living, Auron is finally sent. An eternal Calm begins in Spira, and the fayth can finally stop dreaming and pass on to the Farplane. Tidus disappears with the rest of the dreams, and joins his father, Auron, and Lord Braska in the Farplane. Yuna becomes the leader of Spira. Telling people to hold on to their dreams, she holds on to her own...Tidus. And just like the Summoner Yu Yevon dreamed Sin to life, Summoner Yuna dreams Tidus to life once more...

Some of the time frames about how often Sin is defeated and a Calm lasts are wrong, but that's not really as important anyway. It is also stated by others that "
Sin is not soothed by the Hymn of the Fayth. Only Jecht is. The Fayth recreated Tidus and Jecht because they knew that the only way for Yevon to be defeated was to battle the Final Aeon without aeons of their own. If you notice during the battle with Braska's Final Aeon, Tidus can talk to it and lower it's overdrive gauge. Only Tidus could reach Jecht."

Other than that, it's pretty damn accurate, don't you think?

Last edited:
Well...you did quite the research there Mitsuki. And shed some light over the great story of FFX. Congrats and great job!!!!

Tidus along with his family actually being 'real' hasn't been stated as a fact, has it?

I liked finding these things out from Maechen. He's easy to just ignore, but his speeches are pretty interesting if you're unaware of Spira's past.

I didn't think they were real at any point. I thought they were always dreams. :unsure: Just solid, material dreams. :lol:

I thought the fayth were somewhat like gods, who could create things and make them real, but the existence depended on the fayth dreaming.

Y'know what's odd, how can the fayth be tired when they're dreaming? You dream when you're asleep. Yet they want a rest? :P Lazy spirits! Haha. :lol:

I didn't think they were real at any point. I thought they were always dreams. :unsure: Just solid, material dreams. :lol:

I thought the fayth were somewhat like gods, who could create things and make them real, but the existence depended on the fayth dreaming.

Y'know what's odd, how can the fayth be tired when they're dreaming? You dream when you're asleep. Yet they want a rest? :P Lazy spirits! Haha. :lol:

Yeah, I thought they've always been "dreams" too...up until yesterday when I came across that timeline. It does make sense now...

Lol, and the Fayth has been dreaming for thousands of years. It's not like they were actually "dreaming" as how humans do...I imagine it's more of a magical sense and how they're tired of just being summoned in order to defeat Sin.

And Saix, I'm pretty sure it wasn't stated as a fact that Tidus and his family existed and were "real" in the Old Zanarkand...

That was awesome, tnx Mitsuki, not that I didn't know it, just was nice to read it as a whole... nice job.

Well to be honest, some of the details I didn't know, some I've forgotten, and some I knew, although I didn't really start to put things together until recently, so I never had a real grasp of the story when I played. I really need to play this again...

So...are there anything in the timeline that sounds a bit off...?

Just wondering, because I love the timeline of FFX, what source(s) did you use?

Please and thank you, Mitsuki.:)

kwl timeline there it clears up alot of the details i missed on the game

Well to be honest, some of the details I didn't know, some I've forgotten, and some I knew, although I didn't really start to put things together until recently, so I never had a real grasp of the story when I played. I really need to play this again...

So...are there anything in the timeline that sounds a bit off...?

Nah, it really fits well. Altogether.

I am quite happy to actually understand the story now. lol. ^_^;; There were some parts where I was confused on.

Mitsuki asked if i could sticky this since it's informative, and since it's a damn good thread i did it :ninja:

I can point out how Tidus isnt real. Look at FF X-2 even though I hate it.

Shuyin is the real tidus from 1000 years ago. Yunaleasca was his girl friend the first summoner.

Er, Yunalesca's husband was Lord Zaon. Where did you get the idea that Shuyin was her lover...?

~*Ahem*~
I just thought I would bring this up. Something I learned in my world civilizations class a few weeks back in regards to "dreaming gods" and whatnot. (Since the topic has arisen).

As we all know, (in like...virtually every fantasy game), the majority of the fantasy is pulled from "real" mythology and religion. In regards to the dreaming fayth...

In Indian culture, it's believed that "we" (human beings) are not real, or physical entities; each and every one of us is actually an individual fragment of God's "dream". When "God" goes to sleep, he dreams that he is "us" ("us", being the people of the world). And every one of us has a different task as a portion of his dream. And when "God" finally awakes from his dream, we no longer exist, and he returns to heaven (or, his own "reality").
My teacher did a much better job explaining the belief to me than I'm probably doing right now.
Anyhow, it sounds a lot like the Fayth to me...

If we are a dream, it's a pretty poor one lol

Great timeline there mitsuki, you made me wanna play it again :)

Back