Help FFX Yunalesca

Gil
I really need help with Yunalesca's special move, "Mega-Death". Sometimes, I die, and sometimes I survive. Can someone tell me HTF do you survive it??? Thnks :)

mega death only kills those who AREN'T zombied.
The Hellbiter attack she uses in round two (When she grows... tentacles...) will zombify you, but she'll also cast things like Regen and Cura on you, you'll need relatilvley decent HP levels to get through it.
I think using Dispel to get rid of Regen won't get rid of zombify either but you won't be able to heal yourself.
Once she starts in her first form (with the head) she'll use mega death, from then on I do believe it's a set pattern. The only other attack to watch out for is mind blast which has a chance of confusion.

Rather than keeping your whole party zombified, though, you can just have one person with zombie to survive (preferably with high health. For me this would be Auron or probably Wakka) and then have them revive the rest of your party. I think that's what I did. :hmmm:

I think she should use it more than once as well, so it'll help to keep one person zombified at all times if possible. Just don't screw up and heal them by mistake. Remember that things like Mega-Potions and Yuna's Pray heal the whole party.

^ Yep.

For me I actually kept Yuna out of Zombie status. Because I think if somebody dies in Zombie status they stay in Zombie and cant be revived. So you need Yuna to use Esuna and then Life on them.

But Yunalesca can be a real pain in the ass so you have to be careful and really pound away at her. From memory I think Holy works well but you should have Yuna on permanent heal watch just in case you need to bring somebody back because you dont wanna be caught having to revive two people or else you are screwed.

:funnyface:

I would suggest having someone with Sensor on their weapon and keeping a close eye on her HP- Summon an aeon when her HP is really low, so low she will be killed with one hit, and hit her with the aeon. The poor aeon will then take all of the megadeath badness

At least, I think that's how it works

Doomtrain thats not quite right
When a character is Ko'd theyre status returns to normal they can be revived normally without having to use esuna.
But as stated before Megadeath works on all those not affected by Zombie. so its a good thing to keep at least one character zombified so that they can revive other players. Keep a strong guard with protect and haste. when your zombified you cant heal your characters. so best to keep your characters alive as long as possible.
best possible solution is to mix a trio of 9999 with rikku. then use tidus overdrive slice and dice will do a hefty sum of damage

That's too bad.You probably won't be able to beat her then. I hope you have an earlier save so you can go back and level up some.

Come to think of it, they might have videos on Youtube of people playing through the battle. I don't know if you can get much from that or not, but it might help to see someone else beat it.

I really don't know the "how weak your characters are" situation but perhaps if you try a few times you'll get it right.

Make sure Haste is cast, so you can quickly remove the zombie effect, and if your lucky she will actually heal you instead of killing you.
Keep some members with the Zombie status, and switch them out and save them for her Mega-Death. Make sure you cast haste and protect on the entire party when you fight her final form. And don't forget to save your strongest Aeons and Overdrives for the last part.

Rather than keeping your whole party zombified, though, you can just have one person with zombie to survive (preferably with high health. For me this would be Auron or probably Wakka) and then have them revive the rest of your party. I think that's what I did. :hmmm:

I think she should use it more than once as well, so it'll help to keep one person zombified at all times if possible. Just don't screw up and heal them by mistake. Remember that things like Mega-Potions and Yuna's Pray heal the whole party.

In my recent play through, I actually tried to keep two characters with zombie at all times. Sometimes even all three active characters, then when I felt I was pushing my luck, I'd remove zombie from one of them. And I beat her on my first shot this time, surprisingly.

I think Auron would be the best choice to keep as zombie, because he can withstand a lot of damage. I then let Rikku use Lunar Curtain (or Yuna to cast Shell) to protect him from magic attacks, and Tidus to cast Hastega on everyone. Auron can withstand the whole battle this way, or at least with just one revival (if that happens, need to make sure someone else is a zombie at the time). Tidus had auto-med for me, so he never was a zombie. Gladly most of Yunalesca's healing and regen attacks targeted him.
The battle really isn't that bad. The only attack that can ruin everything is Mind Blast. I hate confusion. But at least I think most times it doesn't confuse more than 1 character, and even if it does, she uses Hellbiter literally the next turn or so, so snaps everyone out of it.

Thank you everyone. NOW I'm stuck on Seymour Omnis. Gee, thanks alot! xD However, I have a reflect strategy I havn't tried yet... So don't start posting Seymour strategies.

I just want to share the strategy I did and worked well to beat her.

First, let us start with her special attacks/magics.
1. (First Form) Sleep- she will cast this as a counter to the character who used special abilities or overdrives to her, inflicts sleep status
2. (First Form) Blind- she will cast this as a counter to the character who physically attacked her, inflicts darkness status
3. (First Form) Silence - she will cast this as a counter to the character who attacked her with magics, inflicts silence status
4. (First form, any form when aeons are called) Drain - transfers half of the max HP of the targeted character to her, thus healing her
5. (Second Form) Hell Biter- she always uses this at her second form, inflicts zombie status on all of your characters
6. (Third Form) MegaDeath- her deadliest move, instantly kills characters who are not in zombie status
7. (Third Form) Mind Blast- sometimes inflicts confusion on all of your characters
8. (Any form, when aeons are called) Osmose- transfers target's MP to her
9. (Second and Third Form) Cura, Curaga- she uses this to the character who is zombified (well, fortunately, she sometimes misses the zombified character)

Strategy: I used Tidus, Yuna, and Auron in this fight ( having a weapon with a sensor ability is useful )

First Form: In this first stage, she always counters depending of the type of attack you used against her. If one of your character has inflict of a status effect, just cure it. Keep attacking her until her HP drops to 0 and move on to her second form. It's easy.

Second Form: She uses a new attack: Hell biter. Just don't heal the zombie status effect yet. Heal it if someone has a critical HP and I mean if that character's HP has lost at least 3/4 of his/her max HP, then use Curaga. If she uses regen on a character, simply dispel it. Keep attacking her until her HP drops at least 5,000. Now, if her HP is no more than 5,000, check your characters' status effect first. If one of your character has no zombie status effect, pass your turns until she uses hell biter again until ALL of your characters are zombified. Then, attack her to meet her Third Form.

Third Form: After defeating her second form, she will act first and use MegaDeath. You should have Tidus, Yuna, and Auron in zombie status effect by now, so don't worry about this. In my observations, she has an attack pattern at her third form. I think it is Hell Biter, Hell Biter, Mind Blast, Hell Biter, MegaDeath(this is after her first megadeath move){I hope I am right}. Now, you can remove all your zombie status effects only using Yuna since Tidus and Auron will do all the attacking. If she uses now her mind blast, don't worry about this because after this, she will use hell biter and snaps everyone out of confusion. It doesn't miss any target and does a small amount of damage. Don't forget it inflicts zombie status. Now, after using that hell biter right after the Mind Blast attack, don't bother curing it since her next attack will be MegaDeath. Then, she will again follow her attack pattern. Keep attacking her until she dies. If you want to overkill her, summon Bahamut and use mega flare if she has at least 10,000 HP.

Sorry for the long post.
I hope this helps.

hey d00ds, just beat this pain in the butt my first go. when i saw the hp i practically knew it'd take quite a few tries, but one thing that helped me loads was to use Shiva exclusively to deal with Yunalesca's 2nd form. use magic to heal yourself and overdrive when you can that way your main party stays untouched!
also i grinded for quite a bit in the dome before the fight.

Back