FFXIII European Special Edition Contains Episode Zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
FFXIIIEpisodeZero.png

Europe is getting a Final Fantasy XIII collector’s edition and Gamestop’s Italian site may have leaked the extra items early.

According to their product page, the collector’s edition includes an artbook, soundtrack, comic book, art cards, a prequel novel, and either the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII for €79.98 ($113).

I wouldn’t count on getting the lavish four disc soundtrack, but a translated version of Final Fantasy XIII Episode Zero: Promise is fair game. The “art cards” may even come from the hardcover postcard book out now in Japan.

News about the collector’s edition first slipped out of Square Enix Europe’s newsletter. Square Enix USA has not announced or confirmed a Final Fantasy XIII collector’s edition at this time.

Source: Siliconera

I'm not surprised about Episode Zero being part of a special edition, all being said it never even crossed my mind that it may be part of it :wacky: I don't think I'd buy it for that though especially since there's already a translated version and that they'll all make their way onto the internet so it's probably not worth the extra £10/£15 D:

I suppose it's a nice change from all the crappy stuff you get nowadays such as "limited edition character" or whatever xD

All of those...precious...Uwaa, I want T.T

If it will include all of those extra goodies, then really, the extra 30 something USD is probably worth it.

I've already pre-ordered my copy of this, and its unlikely I'll cancel it for a special edition which could cost up to double the price. Unless its crucial to my understanding of the game and I couldn't find it for reading online somewhere, I wouldn't bother getting the special edition for a small novel.
...getting a complete soundtrack might change my mind about buying the special edition, though...

In the UK Normal is £45 ish, and special is £60 where I live.

So yeah, all those extra bits for only £15,, I was more than happy to pay out the extra :mokken:

Really REALLY looking forward to this game now, less than a month to go too...

On GAME the normal version is selling at £39.99 and the limited edition...£59.99. Stuff that, I'm not paying out that if I want the guide as well >.> I think I'll be going to Tesco and hoping for £25.99 deal of the week, though I don't mind £40 if that's the going rate >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back