Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Square Enix title offers 'style over substance', says mag

GamesMaster has settled on an 81% review score for Final Fantasy XIII, calling the game 'a classic example of style over substance'. Ouch.

But it's not all bad. GM praises the title's 'stunning vistas' - calling it the 'sumptuous eyeball feast you'd expect from Square Enix'.

<!--[video]-->'[It's] wondrous, yes, but a tad soulless,' GM reports. 'The vast majority of locales seem sadly impersonal and static.'

It concludes: 'There's not enough raw game packed into the 35-40 hours it takes to complete the narrative.

'And that leaves us with a distressing situation - a Final Fantasy game scoring less than 90%. Dear friends, we're as shocked as you.'

(N.B. GamesMaster is the biggest selling UK multi-format video games magazine)

Source: CVG

I can't say I'm too bothered since I'm going to buy it regardless and what I've seen I've liked, reviews won't change my mind. All being said 8.1/10 isn't a bad score, I'd say it's perfectly acceptable these days, but at least they haven't jumped on the hype bandwagon. Though sometimes reviews make me chuckle, especially when the same reviewers give the likes of Halo 3 9.5/10 :lew:

Well it's over half plus, it's Final Fantasy I mean it cn't be all that bad. :monster:
I usually don't listen to the reviews. Sometimes they pull shit out their asses just because >.> fricking makes me mad. Not saying thats the case but, I just would much rather see for myself then listen to the reviews and not get it.
Either way, I want that damn game D=
March just seems so faaaarr >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back