Final fantasy vii music

97cloud1

Banned
Gil
Id like to see who thought the final fanasy 7 music was good and why

also i want your opinions on why it wasnt good if you disagree and what was the best theme!

The music of FFVII was one of the best parts of the whole game in my opinion. The battle sequence makes it seem exciting, and the one piece of musci that sticks in my mind is Aeries' Theme :huh: Cid's theme was also brilliant along with One-Winged Angel.

In terms of quality of writing I think its the best game music ever written (with the possible exception of the ocarina of time music). However it was kind of let down by the terrible synthesizers and electronic sounds used to create it.

Luckily most of the best songs have fully orchastrated versions now.

I thought it was very, very good and served to make the whole experience that much better.

In terms of quality of writing I think its the best game music ever written (with the possible exception of the ocarina of time music). However it was kind of let down by the terrible synthesizers and electronic sounds used to create it.

Luckily most of the best songs have fully orchastrated versions now.

i agree. ocarina of time is up there with ffvii for excellent music

VII's soundtrack for the most part is average. It has some very good tracks but if you take every single piece into consideration there's quite a few that drag it down ( I'm looking at you, Gold Saucer tune.... ). I agree, the battle themes tended to be very strong in this game, my favourite piece was probably Birth Of A God or perhaps Crazy Motorcycle. I do, however, feel that a lot of the area/event themes weren't as strong as the action sequence themes.

I thought that FFVII music was overall fantastic!
It just helped to emphasize certain parts of the game at the right time and of course the score wasn't awkward in any way. Also the soundtracks did the game justice by emphasizing the overall mood of the particular scene as well.

(As in, yes, the Gold Saucer Tune...)
It made me bounce.:rolleyes:

it was ok i thought the other ff titles had better music tho.
I really like the junon trumpet tune, very very catchy. I also liked the music when u get into a boss battle, sounds good, kinda has a rock edge to it. The theme for the turks is one i always remember
Gold saucer music fried my head i hated it sooo much.
The music was ok but the other titles after vii beat it hands down

I loved it. A lot of catchy themes that I would probably hum to while playing the game which helps me enjoy the game more. Same goes for other FF games but I think this one had a lot of catchy themes like the battle theme, Hurry, Aeris' Theme, Highwind takes to the Sky, J-E-N-O-V-A, and of course One-Winged Angel.

I love the FFVII music. It had the best soundtrack in FF history.

I actually have the soundtrack on my ipod.

One thing that I loved about the FFVII music was that it was very epic.
The Boss and Battle themes were the best fight tunes that I've ever heard since FFIII (NES) and Chrono Trigger.

Last edited:
It is a fine soundtrack - two highlights for me are the gorgeous Holding My Thoughts in My Heart, a great ending to the first CD. And Life Stream - if there is a heaven, than Life Stream is the sort of music I imagine would be playing when you arrived.

FFVII has some amazing peices of music in it - i adore the soundtrack the good songs far outweigh the bad songs. and most of the good songs are just magical.

My favourite songs from FFVII are -
Main theme
Yuffies theme - its so bouncy and makes me wanna skip :P
J-E-N-O-V-A - im making it my ringtone XD
Aeriths theme - especially the orchestral version - its pure magic
One Winged Angel - genious

My LEAST favorite songs from FFVII hower are - Tifas theme - nothing to do with my dislike of Tifa, but her theme is boring
Vincents theme - again boring

theres more but i only listed my personal favorites and least favorites :P

Overall the FFVII soundtrack does get 10/10 though ^_^ two bad apples cant ruin it for me :)

(XD Why does it seem a lot of people don't like the theme to Gold Saucer? I mean, it was alright...)

To me, FFVII's soundtrack is one the best I've ever heard (well, I think it's by far the best, but I'm giving credit points to those than think otherwise...), and even after 6 years I'm still not tired of it ^_^ Although the synthesizers, of course, are generally unpreferred, I found them a lot better than previous games' and don't mind them at all ^^ Of course, hearing orchestra versions of Aeris' Theme and One-Winged Angel were fantastic, along with piano versions of Tifa's Theme and Descendant of the Shinobi.

the gold saucer theme is fine, until you have been there for an hour, it gets very annoying very quickly.

I love the FFVII music. It had the best soundtrack in FF history.

I actually have the soundtrack on my ipod.

One thing that I loved about the FFVII music was that it was very epic.
The Boss and Battle themes were the best fight tunes that I've ever heard since FFIII (NES) and Chrono Trigger.

I actually didn't like it that much. I liked FFVIII's (Force Your Way) and FFIX's (Battle 2) a lot better.

FFVII has a strong soundtrack my favourites have to be "One Winged Angel","Who Am I" and the Jenova battle Theme when you battle Jenova on the Junion Ship. Though if you download the soundtrack and compair it to other FF games you can see how its not as strong as some,Personally i think FFIX has the best soundtrack its very board and i think the piano works well for the game.

Back