Final Fantasy XI opening movie

Meh. The story seems the same as any other story. Good guys versus the bad guys. Probably most similar to FFIV.

In any case, the opening movie makes the game look like it's going to be so much better than it really is. Haha. And one thing I learned about two weeks ago was the palcement of Aldo in the game. o_o Nutz!

while being a nice story and all... i don't think it's quited for a regular RPG, why? who would be the main character?
the little boy who lost his family? perhaps...
a random person in history(being you/me/the player)? perhaps...

i'm not so sure, ofc i would like to have FFXI remade into a regular RPG, but i doubt the story is really... well suited, it's very much about the races banding together to kill some bad guys, and not an adventuring party doing it, like in all other FF's, or at least most...

who would be the main character?
the little boy who lost his family?

Never really understood that.. Unless I didn't progress far enough into the story.. (rank 6 windurst).
When I think about it, the story is like any other final fantasy story. A random person (being you) somehow clashes into all these other important people (depending on nation), and eventually you're out there doing Apocalypse Nigh or some crazy special thing like that. Like in FFXII, Vaan was just a normal orphan..
But then again.. some of the people are exactly random..

Final Fantasy XII has more than one main character. While you may begin with Vaan, the story doesn't revolve around Vaan. It's about everyone in the group. That's what's similar to Final Fantasy XI. It's about everyone working together to accomplish one thing.

while being a nice story and all... i don't think it's quited for a regular RPG, why? who would be the main character?
the little boy who lost his family? perhaps...
a random person in history(being you/me/the player)? perhaps...

i'm not so sure, ofc i would like to have FFXI remade into a regular RPG, but i doubt the story is really... well suited, it's very much about the races banding together to kill some bad guys, and not an adventuring party doing it, like in all other FF's, or at least most...

I like the idea of the game actually being remade into a proper FF title. I would reckon that they could probably make the little boy the main character, only a possibility and alternate the plot to fit a regular RPG. It will never happen but I would like to see it.

Back