Final Fantasy XIII: Cocoon Has a Virtual Online Item Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
2132399097_full.jpg

As part of its big mega scoop on Final Fantasy XIII this week, Famitsu has an in-depth look at the game's weapon upgrade system, which was first introduced in the vaguest of details in Weekly Jump a couple of weeks back.

There's one particular bit that caught the eye. FFXIII has a type of retailer that you won't find in most other games. When accessing save points, you have the option of connecting to a special in-game Cocoon website. You can use this virtual e-commerce site to buy and sell items.

In a short interview with the magazine, director Motomu Toriyama described the "online" shop as "different from the traditional FF series" and "cool." He also hinted that some secret characters will appear in the shop.

It's unclear if this is the only way to get items, or if you'll also have access to traditional town-based shops. The magazine did not provide a look at the shop, so this area is presumably something that we'll be introduced to in greater detail in the coming weeks.

I wonder if the Cocoon shop delivers to Pulse...

Source

I had an inkling this FF would have secret characters this time around, strangely enough :wacky: Just felt like they've gone long enough without doing it.

Sounds...interesting, but does that mean items will be up for sale permanently? Or Limited time only? Or just the case with certain stuff? :gasp:

It's unclear if this is the only way to get items, or if you'll also have access to traditional town-based shops. The magazine did not provide a look at the shop, so this area is presumably something that we'll be introduced to in greater detail in the coming weeks.

If this is so, I'm gonna miss the town shops. I always liked them. And it would be pretty cool to see the interior of Cocoon's buildings. But this seems very convenient, seeing as how there are usually always save spots near bosses. So if you run into trouble, you can pick something up right there.

This isn't so "new" to me though, as I immediately thought of "Call Shop" from FFVIII. But it's never been used as a given way of buying items, so I guess they are right.

I don't understand the secret characters though... what do they mean by that?

Last edited:
Secret Characters? Hm... I wonder who they are? And what kinda stuff they would be able to do. And I wonder what kinda stuff the store will sell. Besides weapons of course. Stop teasing us, SE!

I guess it kind of makes sense if the l'Cie are treated like outcasts, they can't just walk into any Cacoon shop and pretend everything will be dandy, but at the same time I'd miss the good ol'e shops. I guess you can send electronic weapons to your enemies through a website, where you don't even register your credit card (!) On a lighter note, it'll be interesting to see how this "website" would look, and it'll be really convenient to have access to all the goods for restocking when out and about in the world, or even more useful when about to face a boss.

Secret characters? Like who team nora perhaps? Or will XIII be like the tales of series and bring cameos from the other Final Fantasys into the shop. Well its quite odd but I guess this is how we will get awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back