Final Fantasy XIII Collectors Edition Guide Pictured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
A high quality image of the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII Collector's Edition Guide has been revealed, showing off what the hardcover exterior of the book will look like.

The book is similar to the special edition FF13 guide, which included the entirety of the regular strategy guide as well as some extra segments (in this case a story recap), high quality paper and an awesome hardback cover.

A source at a UK retailer revealed the existance of the guide to UFFSite last month.

The guide is due to hit alongside the game on March 9th. We'll bring you more as we get it, but check out the image below.

w9eaeq.jpg

Source: UFFSite

Holy shit. More games need badass looking guides like that. We may not like FFXIII, but that is one hell of a guide. Although we can't imagine why it's so big with a game with such little content... :hmmm:

I pre-ordered that the other day on Amazon - it dropped in price to £14.99, which is what I was going to pay for the normal guide. I absolutely love Piggyback guides, they're extremely well-written, and I hate missing sidequests and whatnot in my games. Plus the pictures are pretty. XD;

They're bringing out a lot of these special edition guides now, to go with specil edition games...its a poor time to be a University student on a budget.

I'm sure I'l end up with the special edition guide like I did with FFXII -__-

It's like I can't help myself, they know mugs like me will buy them :rage:

It DOES look pretty though........

It is a bit of a sexy guide, much better than current guides in the stores. The simplicity of it is just win :ryan: All being said, whether I get this or a normal one completely depends on the pricing of it D:

Oh wow, that is definitely the most drool-worthy game guide I have ever seen. I love how simple, yet effective it looks. It looks rather thick as well - so there must be significant amounts of content in that game to warrant those amount of pages.

Printed on high quality paper.....knowing me, I would spill a drink on it by accident or something. That would be a shame if I did that. >.>

Lol I pre ordered Final Fantasy XIII already and This guide is the one I want. It looks really awesome!!! It will be perfect and im sure has lots iof beautiful images inside :jess: So yeah Im buying this one :ryan:

I gotta say that guide looks pretty badass overall.

I'll probably pick it up for all the extra side-quests and all that come along with the game, not the main plot though. I don't wanna overshoot something and miss it when I can't get it again. That def looks pretty killer though. Sweeet.

we can't imagine why it's so big with a game with such little content... :hmmm:
it's probably filled with lotsa pictures that's why :wacky: if you get what im saying xD
I usually don't get guides in general and just having a good-looking cover ain't gunna sway me. :ryan: It is pretty fancy and well designed but, I don't think it really effects me so much xD. I might get it if I can manage to get a good deal. -wait a couple of years after release- Hey look the price dropped xD though isn't it the special edition? If I dont get it soon after release then it'll be too late D=

Boy, I was impressed with the guide to FFXII being so thick that the middle pages came off the spine, but this thing is a hard-covered novel! Not for nothing, but I love reading the guides, they are entertaining to me for some reason. I read the FFVIII guide a million times and practically have it memorized, I could never do that with this guide. I'm lovin' it!

F*** you Square Enix. Why can't you give us the LE in North America???
I still remain certain that you will get one, I wouldn't be able to fathom why we (EU) would get one and NA wouldn't. I'd expect one to be announced in the near future :)

Boy, I was impressed with the guide to FFXII being so thick that the middle pages came off the spine, but this thing is a hard-covered novel! Not for nothing, but I love reading the guides, they are entertaining to me for some reason. I read the FFVIII guide a million times and practically have it memorized, I could never do that with this guide. I'm lovin' it!
I have to agree, even though I hardly touched the FFXII guide for help there was real pleasure in just reading through it and seeing difference aspects of the game. And you can't beat the smell of a new guide either. :wacky:

Actually it is coming to NA because I pre ordered mine last time. If Canada is getting one im sure that the United States will too! Also There is no limited edition FF XIII for NA but there is the special guide! :jess:

I loved my hardback guide for 12. Its still in good nick to this day *touch wood* Usually walkthroughs are about 12.99, so Im guessing this baby will cost 20 pounds. Man, I cant afford this and the special edition game :(

Hey guys just letting you know that the Coffee Table Limited Edition guide is available on Amazon for $19.24 US dollars opposed to Game stop, and EB games $34.99.

Here is the 45% discounted Guide:
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-...6361081&sr=8-3
Amazon also has their guarantee that if the price decreases or increases you will get it on the lowest fee with a pre order.

Here's the original link for the guide on Game Stop:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_ID=76910

It's also cheaper than the original standard edition guide on Game stop and EB as well, which retails at 24.99

Hope this helps anyone who's looking to save a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back