Final Fantasy XIII PS3, Xbox 360 holds 10 hours of cutscenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
Square Enix Holdings Co. this week said Final Fantasy XIII for Sony Corp's Playstation 3 and Microsoft Corp's Xbox 360 holds 10 hours of cutscenes in the final product.

The title is said to hold 50 to 60 hours of gameplay, including the cutscenes.

The publisher added that the title includes optional missions in the second half of the story that could extend the title to more than twice the estimated length.

Source: N4G

:gasp: Danggg, ten hours just in cutsences eh? I don't really mind considering I much rather have a longer game anyhow because if it's too short and too easy it's not really worth buying IMO. It seems like a lot but, if I get into it i'll be playing non-stop anyways xD with the exception of potty and food breaks xD.

Im in love, it sounds like Heaven and March cant come soon enough!! I like the sound of the missions doubling the time, worth the money then!

50-60 hours of gameplay? I'll believe that when I rack up that number of hours.
10 hours of cutscenes isn't too bad, though. Just as long as they're not consecutive. XD

Well I'm not sure exactly what 10 hours means when you're playing the game... I'm not exactly counting.

But I really like FFX and that game had tons of cutscenes throughout. Granted they weren't all FMV but still. I don't think it'll be MGS4 bad but I don't know.

Ten hours could be bad or good depending how you play the game, 10 hours of 50-60 hour game to me is nothing, but if people are going to try and rush through it missing stuff at it's just going to make the game seem shorter so that the cutscenes appear to take up more time. All being said, from the interview there are over 100 sidequests and possibly up to 120 hours of completing the game so it's nothing in that respect.

To people like us already experienced with JRPGs, having 10 hours of cutscenes isn't actually that bad at all. It might be if you're playing through the game again and you're frantically trying to skip the cutscenes, but are unable to. I hope FFXIII lets you skip the cutscenes like in FFXII.

Up to 120 hours of gameplay sounds awesome to me. Just what I expect from a Final Fantasy game. I easily clocked up similar hours in FFXII without realising. :ryan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back