Final Fantasy XIII to last 10 years?

DL Clyde

Black Mage
Veteran
Gil
My brother and I were just Googling some information on Dissidia and Final Fantasy IV when we came accross this.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/23/fi...ast-ten-years/

I know I probably won't enjoys this as I liked it as 1 title then move on to the next world, characters, story but I hate it when they started doing spin offs and now SE seem set to be doing spin offs of each title with plenty to come from FFXIII. Anyway, the main point is:

a.) Wouldn't this just not drag FFXIII too long?

b.) Will we really be waiting 10 years for FFXIV? During that time (and I am going by Japanese release dates) they released FFIII-IX. Some of which are great but we may have to wait 10 years for another after FFXIII.

I'm not liking the sound of this that's for sure.

yeah judging by previous ff games when they make spin offs the origional games start to decline

even classics like 7 are losing popularity

Interesting... Though the way the graphics and consoles are constantly pushed through the years its highly doubtfull that they would not release anymore FF in the series for ten years.From a business prospective it would be suicide. Man that would suck. Hey at least my grand-kids could play FFXIV right?

Interesting... Though the way the graphics and consoles are constantly pushed through the years its highly doubtfull that they would not release anymore FF in the series for ten years.From a business prospective it would be suicide. Man that would suck. Hey at least my grand-kids could play FFXIV right?

No, they will be releasing FF games during the 10 years but what it is saying is that the Fabula Nova Crystallis is to last 10 years with more titles than the 3 that have already been announced. There will be new FF games released but it will be part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis.

No, they will be releasing FF games during the 10 years but what it is saying is that the Fabula Nova Crystallis is to last 10 years with more titles than the 3 that have already been announced. There will be new FF games released but it will be part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis.

Ohhhh...hmm whats a Fabula? Is that short for faboulus or something. The whole title "Fabula Nova Crystallis" sounds french. Kinda wierd

I think they are just focusing on making a much more in depth and encompassing experience -- that's why they plan on making six games in the FFXIII series. Don't look at them as spin offs. A spin off denotes that it comes from a main entity wheres FFXIII is being designed in multiple pieces from the beginning. So the main game is actually six games whereas the main FFVIII game is only one plus the spin offs you mention.

Well I think it will won't do any bad for the series because, unlike VII, Square Enix have thought about this from the start (from the ground up). This means that it isn't an afterthought a la Advent Children, DOC etc. which will mean that the compilation will be given the same effort as the each other. I think one of them will be an animated film as well, which will be quite amazing I think.

Well I think it will won't do any bad for the series because, unlike VII, Square Enix have thought about this from the start (from the ground up). This means that it isn't an afterthought a la Advent Children, DOC etc. which will mean that the compilation will be given the same effort as the each other. I think one of them will be an animated film as well, which will be quite amazing I think.

to what he wrote
i totaly agree, don;t think so down on this ... it could actully be a good thing.. wiating 10 years for the next one, im shure there will be somethign in between those years that will bring out the next seris but having sequel to final fantasy 13 is not so bad it could be good too :) im ready for it

10 years, eh? I guess it would be okay. I heard this is their last FF game also. They should end it with a bang!

I think they are just focusing on making a much more in depth and encompassing experience -- that's why they plan on making six games in the FFXIII series. Don't look at them as spin offs. A spin off denotes that it comes from a main entity wheres FFXIII is being designed in multiple pieces from the beginning. So the main game is actually six games whereas the main FFVIII game is only one plus the spin offs you mention.

Why can't it just be the one game? They could easily have whatever ideas for FFVersusXIII and FFAgitoXIII and turn them into FFXIV and FFXV. I just don't like whats going on now, I liked it when it was like FFI then move onto a complete change in FFII, then FFIII etc.

Well it's not like they are sequels really and you are playing a different story with each game; you're just playing them under the same mythology correct. Different characters, different scenarios, different combat system, different, different, different. It's not like you're playing the with the same characters, in the same environments etc. you're playing in new worlds. I know what you're saying but it isn't as bad as you're making out surely. Give it a chance. Okay, so X-2 wasn't good (well it didn't float my boat), neither was DOC and the other FFVII spin-offs. They were all pretty half-hearted. But FFXIII is a whole different monster. They are pulling out all the stops to make these the best FF titles ever and I'm sure you will be pleasently surprised at the finished games. This isn't half-hearted, this is completely whole-hearted.

i also agree with this, i mean they know what happened to the other spinoffs of great games, it took from the greatness of the originals because the spinoffs were so bad. it also seems like each game is completely different, at least as far as FFXIII and FFversusXIII have shown. i think square will make up for X-2 and any other bad spinoffs by proving that they can make multiple games from the same chapter of FF and have the original and all of the spin-offs be great. i, personally, can hardly wait. :wink1:

Square-Enix are pissing me off completely. I've just bought a Playstation 3, expecting AT LEAST 3 exclusive FF titles on the machine. Just like FF7, FF8 and FF9 were on the PSone, FFX, X-2, and XII on the PS2....but it seems instead of making new games, they're too content with doing one game and milking it for all it's worth. What a waste. Square-Enix disappoint yet again..

Square-Enix are pissing me off completely. I've just bought a Playstation 3, expecting AT LEAST 3 exclusive FF titles on the machine. Just like FF7, FF8 and FF9 were on the PSone, FFX, X-2, and XII on the PS2....but it seems instead of making new games, they're too content with doing one game and milking it for all it's worth. What a waste. Square-Enix disappoint yet again..

To be honest, what I'm not liking is too many games being exlcusive to other consoles. We have PS2 with the older games being remade on the DS and some 20th anniversary on the PSP. I have still to get a PS3 for future titles. I don't know about you but that is quite a lot of money just to play some FF games. I would prefer it if they went multi-platform so then I could pick the game up for the console that I have. Besides, if Square Enix are smart (And buy smart I mean money grabbers) then they would make the series multi platform. They have announced games will be on all consoles but so far they all seem exclusive. CC on the Wii, Agito on mobiles and so far FFXIII and FFVersusXIII on PS3. They are absolutely all over the place! :blink:

^^^

that's exactly true. Why dont Square-Enix release all the games either on the PS3 and PSP.....OR the Wii, 360 and PS3.

Because it's getting silly. Like you said, to play all games you need all the consoles! I've been saving up for a PS3 for 2 months, now i need to get a Wii, 360 and DS?? No way........

Welcome to the world of franchising, Final Fantasy has gotten too big to just be releasing seperate games for anymore. I figure that's why Hideaki Anno and company left and formed their own company, isn't it?

I heard they were doing that but I could be wrong.

All you naysayers need to learn to read. The Fabula Nova Crystallis doesn't have sequels or spinoff. They are just a set of story in the same type of mythology.

How can something be a sequel if it has no real story/character connection with each other?

All you naysayers need to learn to read. The Fabula Nova Crystallis doesn't have sequels or spinoff. They are just a set of story in the same type of mythology.

How can something be a sequel if it has no real story/character connection with each other?

So why can't they continue with the FF series by calling them FFXIV and FFXV. The thing that has pissed me off today the most is that I heard that FFVersusXIII WAS going to be called FFXIV.

Well, none of the Final Fantasies are really direct sequels of each other, they're standalone games each set in their own universe. I think most of us are annoyed that they apparently want us to wait 10 years for a new universe to appear.
Part of the charm of these games is how each one stands completely on it's own. Each game being it's own universe. Now we are going to have 5 games in one universe?

Back