Final Fantasy XIII's Hope Estheim Gets His Own Summon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
The latest edition of Jump Magazine reveals that Hope Estheim's associated summon will be Alexander. This means that almost all of the playable characters have had their summons revealed.

No scans are available yet, but there is also said to be new information about how chocobos will work in Final Fantasy XIII. We'll keep you posted when more information is known about this particular topic.

As in previous games, Alexander is likely to be Holy elemental.

Source: Final Fantasy Union

Update:
up2935.jpg

Sweet! I've always liked Alexander. And I hope the chocobos will play an entertaining role in the game at least.

I had a feeling he'd get quite a special summon. Alexander does seem very fitting for Hope. I'm just hoping to see screenshots soon. Cheers again, Ryan xD

Wouldn't it be ironic if Alexander turns out to be the strongest Eidolon? It certainly will be. I'd love to see Alexander face Bahamut- round 2 following on the night of Alexandria's destruction in Final Fantasy IX.

I wager that Vanille's summon may be Carbuncle. There is still a Siren Eidolon from an earlier trailer. I wonder who her L'Cie will be.

So I assume you can't pick and choose who gets what Summon then...?

Not sure how I feel about that :hmmm:

I had a feeling he'd get quite a special summon. Alexander does seem very fitting for Hope. I'm just hoping to see screenshots soon. Cheers again, Ryan xD

Hope is the young boy with grey hair.

Anyways, I don't know anything about Alexander but I hope he'll be a nice Eidolon. Only Vanille's summon has not been revealed. I'm looking forward to it. I wonder who's Eidolons Siren and Ifrit will be.

I'm not sure who Alexander is... I never saw that summon, or I just don't remember it. But I was pretty positive he'd get a summon. All l'Cie's do, don't they?

I wonder who's Eidolons Siren and Ifrit will be.

I don't think an Ifrit will be necessary anymore. Sazh already has a fire element Eidolon called Brunhildr which is female because it is named after a valkyrie of Norse mythology. Why they did that I have no clue.

Oh very coll I can not wait to see the scan when it comes! Holy elementals are always some of my favorites. Hmmm I wonder what he will look like this time? Anyway thanks Ryan for the news!

... One question. Is this summon going to be some kind of vehicle? I can't imagine how what originally was a castle be turned into a vehicle, to be honest.

Nevertheless, I can't wait to see the screenshots for more details.

Alexander for Hope would be a good fit, I guess. A castle with angel wings...Heh, that would be fun to see again xD

Maybe with summons, each persona get's their own specific summon and then maybe Lightening can change up her summon. That's what they do in the Persona games from Atlus. The Hero can change his persona but everyone else is stuck with the same one for the rest of the game, so maybe Square-Enix will do that for FFXIII? :gasp:

That chocobo has had too many Gysahl Greens- look at the size of it in comparison to its rider! It's a behemoth of a chocobo! Why are they so big? I'm not complaining though- every Final Fantasy player loves their chocobos as much as the next player. Now I'm waiting for the Moogles!

Also I can imagine Alexander's Gestalt mode being an enormous castle-like fortress able to shield your characters from tremendous attacks and also use a Holy elemental finisher. That would be awesome.

Okay, so not angel wings, but it's similar to Alexander in FFVIII.

You know, everyone keeps trying to make a connection with FFVII, but I think FFXIII has more in common with FFVIII than any other FF game! :gasp:

Oh cool Alexander looks ok I guess. I can not really describe how he looks likie cause we need to see him in more clear scans etc.. Also Hope looks like he can lear light elemental attacks so Alexander is perfect for him.

Yes... they brought back Alexander! One of my favorite old summons we haven't seen in a while. From what little I know about Hope, it does seem fitting. I can't wait for more scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back