Final Fantasy XIII's Monsters Fight Amongst Themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
2132399113_full.jpg

The magazine also shows one of those giant dinosaur-like creatures from past trailers. Named Adamantite, the FFXIII version of this classic FF beast stands many tens of meters tall, towering like a mountain over Lightning, Snow and Fang. There's a screen showing the three characters facing off in battle against one of these beasts.

Weekly Shounen Jump provided a look at a massive version of the cactus-like Final Fantasy series' mainstay Sabotender monster. The giant form is actually called Jabotender. Bet they'll call it Jumbo Cactuar in the English version!

Normal-sized Pulse monsters (they're still as tall or taller than your party members) include Caramel Moose and Gorgonops. Caramel Moose doesn't look all that menacing at first, but it has a strong body which can resist Lightning's attacks. Golgonopus has sharp claws and what looks like a bunch of antlers protruding from its back.

One point of note about FFXIII's monsters. You'll actually see them fighting amongst themselves at times.

Source

Ah I remember that in FFXII. Was fun to finish the victor after they were weakened :wacky: /evil.

Monsters sound dead interesting this time around, though. Monsters bigger than mountains sound impressive, and the monster that can resist Lightning's attack sounds like battles will require some strategy, so that'll keep things challenging.

If they fight amougnst themselves, do we still get the stuff we usually win after battles? Just kidding! (That'd be cool though.) I guess it makes the world seem more real. I mean, monsters have to eat to, right?

One point of note about FFXIII's monsters. You'll actually see them fighting amongst themselves at times.

That's awesome. In XII, I loved how you saw the Bangaa (?) fighting wolves near Rabanastre, and you got to help them out. I also LOVE the fact that they took over how you could see the monsters from XII. It makes so much more sense, you can avoid them if you please, and you can sneak up on them.

The monsters I've seen so far look incredible. I think they are putting a lot of effort into the designs. The Caramel Moose is an awesome name for a monster, in my opinion. I really can't wait to see how battle will be with that Adamantite!

Oh cool so Im onna be walking with Lihtning and next to me I see a bear rapeing a dragon. Thats gonna be really odd hehe. Nonetheless its still cool. Its Different! Im onna lol though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back