For some reason I can no longer level in Quick Battle

Xephonai

Ex-Soldier
Gil
The character I am trying to level up here is Squall I did it fine with Cecil and Cloud but I have been at level 9 for a few battles now and not sure what the deal is.

I had no problem gaining xp yesterday in Quick Battles with Cloud. Not sure if there is something I purchased or what happened.

If anyone has any idea could you please let me know. I am still new to this game.

It could be due to a bonus day, having chocobo items equipped or perhaps an EXP bonus effect from pay plans. It might be slow because of the enemy levels, I suggest checking EXP amounts after each battle, maybe you just need to set the enemy to a higher level, the AI behavoir and strength can play a part in the EXP you gain too so look into that.

I noticed that at the end of the battles there is no xp awarded. I do get xp during the battles but none at the end. Also today is just a normal day on the calendar

Well I normally don't get it either, the final EXP I see is when I land the finishing blow really. I don't think there's any exp to bravery or whatever items nor abilities at that time to stop you :/ i'd suggest trying an enemy about 5 or 10 levels higher and see if there's a difference.

I think I have figured it out...

When you do the HP attacks you receive xp as opposed to the bravery attack's.

So depending on how you engauge your opponent in battle the XP can greatly differ. If you use only HP attacks and no bravery you can gain a lot more XP that battle.

There is a lot to learn in this and honestly I feel like it might be the deepest fighting game I have ever played. I did put a lot of time in Brawl when I owned a Wii 1.5 years ago. But this game might just top brawl as my all time favorite fighter.

No you got that a little wrong. The bravery attacks higher your HP attacks strength. And if you check you don't get EXP because of you hit with a HP attack but the damage you do from it. I think if you hit on an average strength AI in quick battle with no bonus EXP you'll just gain exp for the damage you dealt. If you have a AI on maximum strength i think you get 10X more exp or something like that.

I also had a similar problem. Whenever I play against a level 100, I get so many experience such that I gain 21 levels or more. But since one day (can't remember when), if I play against a level 100 character, I only get EXP equal to the amount of damage I dealt and can't even gain a level! (Using a level 1 character, like always!)
I tried playing against different characters and on different stages, but to no avail. I was so exasperated!

I also had a similar problem. Whenever I play against a level 100, I get so many experience such that I gain 21 levels or more. But since one day (can't remember when), if I play against a level 100 character, I only get EXP equal to the amount of damage I dealt and can't even gain a level! (Using a level 1 character, like always!)
I tried playing against different characters and on different stages, but to no avail. I was so exasperated!

This is somewhat a problem for me as well. When I try to level up a character by fighting against a level 100 opponent (most of the time, Exdeath, Gabranth or The Emperor), when I level up, it's sometimes by 1 or 2 levels only. I wonder if it's still the amount of damage I deal on the opponent, or if it's something I'm overlooking.

Well, for maximum effect I suggest getting all the EXP boosts and on either bonus day or an EXP boost day you equip the three chocobo items to a character (drop, wing and feather) equip the 'grind lover' play plan and then fight a maximum AI Exdeath with Vicious Difficulty. At initial Brave you should level up nearly every time you land a HP attack. (I normally hit around 10000 EXP per hit, getting me about 10 levels normally even if I lose) and to enhance this you can use the magic pot trick to get 9999 brave an have the EX Burst to go along waith it to maximise the EXP you can gain from it.

And if you want, you can extend your "Special Day Bonus" by resetting your psp's date and time..

This resetting the clock trick, will it work if I reset it to the same date over and over?

Back