Gilgamesh

albajos

Ex-Soldier
Gil
He's wielding several blades, all from previous games, but which ones?

Cloud's and one that seemed like a gunblade.

He's got the Brotherhood, the Buster Sword, The Caladablog, The Excalibpoor and a few other weapons im not quite sure off cos im bladderd right now.

These are the weapons that Gilgamesh wields:

Orichalcum-used in most Final fantasies.

Excalibur-from FF5. This one has a moon crest on the hilt.

Excalibur 12- from FF5. This one has a sun emblem on the hilt.

Steel Cutter-Same one that Odin uses.

Buster Sword-We all know where this came from, but if you are a n00b, then it's Cloud's sword from FF7.

Gunblade-In case you don't know, then this was Squall's weapon in FF8.

Brotherhood-used by Tidus in FF10.

Legendary Sword-The one that was used in Dragon Warriors 1-3.

Last edited:
I hope this was a joke or maybe a simple mistake. The Buster Sword comes from FFVII.

I definitely remember there being an Excalipur, because of the kanji on the blade.

well i have not come across him yet so boo hoo to me lol, where can you find him?

He's a mark hunt, twice, both in the lhusu mines. First time is easy but second time is kinda hard if you're underlvled like I was.
And I'm sure he's holding a plain sword at the beginning of both fights that looks like murasame or whatever.

I didn't fight him cause he doesn't show up in montblancs list but he's still too difficult to me....(i'm lvl 45) where is the best training place??????

i train at the nableus deadlands, and i fought him level 50 first go....i cant find him for the second battle though. I thought gilgamesh was a beast until i saw him.

in the cutscene when he flys in and rebounds off the ground and falls over the side i kinda thought "???...wtf"

Haha, I quite like that. Some comedy relief in the game was needed, I thought.

For the second battle, you'll need the Site 11 key near the Bhujerban in the Phon Coast Hunters' Camp. The scene after you beat him the second time is pretty funny.

Yay...cheers :monster:

Have a cookie. Time i got to the FFXII now then

*Walks away*

*runs back*

Have another cookie*

*walks away*

He's got the Brotherhood, the Buster Sword, The Caladablog, The Excalibpoor and a few other weapons im not quite sure off cos im bladderd right now.

roflol

I really need to open my eyes when I play.... I always miss these references to other final fantasies and wotnot....I'm really gunna have to play it again

well it seems to me that he's stealing swords and blades from all over. not very nice at all

since this is the first ff game i played i didnt think thier was anything special about the swords
but since i stealed from him i found out that he is the only way we can get genji equipment
it was amusing fighting him because of the scenes and easy aswell
and if you choose ashe as the party leader when you kill him then you get an different winning scene

its shocking the way they gave one mark so much importance

Legendary Sword-The one that was used in Dragon Warriors 1-3.

I found another source naming a sword as the Loto Sword from Dragon Quest. Would that be the same with a different name. I have never played those games.

since this is the first ff game i played i didnt think thier was anything special about the swords
but since i stealed from him i found out that he is the only way we can get genji equipment
it was amusing fighting him because of the scenes and easy aswell
and if you choose ashe as the party leader when you kill him then you get an different winning scene

its shocking the way they gave one mark so much importance
Not really, seeing as he is there as a reference to the earlier games. In V (which this version of Gilgamesh is based most on) he is fought multiple times and runs away as well as having Genji equipment to steal. I though it was brilliant in XII to have Marks like this.

Disappointed with the Orthos Hunt though, could at least of been more 'Ultrosie' and not a Flan re-hash.

This is a great little tribute to past games but also makes you wonder about where all this Gilgamesh has been. Gilgamesh claims he's in search of many legendary weapons around the world and all, so it makes you wonder if the people in Ivalice may have heard of Tidus', Squall's, Cloud's etc, journeys/adventures...

Back