Hardest boss in final fantasy 7

Ultima Snake

Blue Mage
Gil
hey peeps. I would like to know, in the original final fantasy 7 game who was the hardest boss for you and why. To me it was ruby weapon because every time i seemed to get to the end of the game he would knock me six ways from sunday.

Yeah, most likely Ruby Weapon. I had a harder time with it than Emerald. You'd think you'd get something better for beating the bastard, though.

I also felt Ruby Weapon was the hardest boss in FFVII, due to his massive amount of health, which I think was the same as emeraids, and when your fighting him for the first time the damage he deals with his moves is quite high so can put you off your guard.

ruby weapon was most definitely a difficult boss. But the first time i played the game, the hardest boss for me was the dragon at the bottom of the temple of the ancients. Only because you're stuck there and he's actually pretty tough. I remember I had to revert to an earlier save point so I could level up a bit before entering the temple.

I always found Emerald to be more challenging, because he deals more damage, and the battle has a time limit on it. It also has Aire tam Storm which limits the selection of abilities you can carry to the fight.

Second is Ruby, because of its high defenses.

Technically Emerald and Ruby Weapon are not bosses, but thats splitting hairs.

Main Story Bosses that can screw you around I think are.......If your just taking it easy and are under levelled The Turks in Midgar rail System can do some damage, also Demons Gate in the temple of the Ancients........nasty nasty business, you get some good armour tho!
(Gigas Armlet, secretly adds 30 points to strength)

I also felt Ruby Weapon was the hardest boss in FFVII, due to his massive amount of health, which I think was the same as emeraids, and when your fighting him for the first time the damage he deals with his moves is quite high so can put you off your guard.
This, basically.

Ruby Weapon, IMO, dealt more damage in a shorter amount of time, compared to Emerald Weapon. I mean, when I fought EW, I still had time to deal some damage to him and do this and that. But when I fought RW, it's like, 5 seconds into the battle and he's already wiped me out. :|

I'm choosing to ignore the previous poster's (GrammaticalGerbil) response and offering my own addition to this discussion. Ruby Weapon was powerful, however you could manipulate your materia (with the appropriate 8 slot Armor and Weapon) to get lucky 7's for your characters, and subsequently was easy to defeat. That, or if your get the 'Peerless' effect active on your character (Which I somehow achieved with Vincent and I do not recall how I got it), Ruby Weapon is a breeze. Still, all bosses in the game can be easy to defeat if you have the Quadra Magic materia (mastered) linked with Master Summon materia and have W-Summon materia as well on one character, and have the other two in your party with Mimic materia, easily defeat any boss. Although Quadra Magic effect doesn't work on Knights of the Round, W-Summon does and being able to summon Knights of the Round twice, and then mimic the same tactic, any boss will be defeated rapidly. Quadra Magic + Master Summon with W-Summon and call Bahamut ZERO, will result in 8 callings which should destroy any boss you're fighting. Add in Mimic materia on your other characters, and should be a relatively easy win.

Madam Suzie, I must point out that the boss you stated is clearly not the hardest boss from Final Fantasy VII. The hardest boss is easily the final boss in The Room where Tommy Wiseau has to fight himself. The fight between oneself is the toughest challenge of all. If you knew how to speak English, then such a simple truth would be obvious to you. However, it is abundantly apparent that you do not have an idea how to do such a simple task. Things such as "IMO", "EW" and "RW" do not make any sense. You can also never use a smiley face in a post, and should be immediately shunned for doing so. I feel I must throw you into a scum infested pond, the only place that a female mortal such as yourself belongs in our society.

:ban:

Srsly? You joined the forums just to trash people's grammar? Things such as IMO, EW, and RW make perfect sense. They are called acronyms. They are part of the English language. Learn it!

Anyway. I think the hardest boss in FFVII probably has to be Rapps. That is the only boss that consistantly hands my rear end to me. I guess it just has to do with the whole "Yuffie has my materia so I have no magic or commands". I'm more reliant upon magic than I am items, so that is probably why.

I've never managed to defeat Ruby or Emerald, so they would be the hardest. There are only a handful scripted ways to beat them and I couldn't be bothered to farm for all the necessary items.

But other than them, if we're talking about story bosses, some challenging ones would be:
Bizarro Sephiroth (actually I find him harder than Safer Sephiroth, because he heals himself... Grrr!)
Safer Sephiroth
Midgar Zolom (if you try to fight him the first time you see him, like I did on my first playthrough)
Demon's Gate
Carry Armor
Jenova Synthesis (the last one, just before Sephiroth)
I think there might've been one of the Turk battles that was challenging too, but I can't remember now.

i haven't quite beaten it yet, but so far, either Schizo or Lost Number.

I had a hard time with Demons Gate the first time I ever played through the game. It used to kill me ever time. Also I had a bit of trouble with Ruby Weapon the first few times as well.

So I would say Ruby Weapon if you don't know what your doing.

Not taking anything away from them, because the Weapons in FFVII are actually my favorite bosses from that game I just love their concept, but I'm not counting them since they were optional bosses. And thank god too because if you had to fight Ruby and Emerald I would have never beaten this game.

Out of the main bosses the hardest for me was the second stage of Sephiroth. It took some time to figure out how to beat that thing. Ugh. I hate Super Nova with a passion. I was crossing my finger at the final stage of Sephiroth because I know that's a one hit kill thing and if you don't get to make the first move you'd have to do all of that all over again.

For me, it was the Emerald Weapon. I remember the very first time I fought it when I was younger, and it took me 8 hours to fight because my characters' levels were a little lower than the recommended level. But I lost then and nearly swore I never wanted to fight it again. But then I did fight it again a few years back, and managed to beat it. I was so exhausted and jolly at the same time.

Well I've actually managed (somehow) to beat every boss in Final Fantasy 7, and to be honest the hardest boss (that was broken as all hell) was Ruby. He was just unfair as can be, and even when you had a good plan to beat him, it could go horribly wrong because it took you a damn hour worth of summoning, or other spell casting.

When it came to normal bosses that you had to encounter, probably Lost Number if you tried to get Vincent at the first chance you could, but you could have skipped that or done it later. Materia Keeper wasn't very friendly either.

(I actually found Sephiroth to be somewhat easy... Then again I tried like hell in all my files before encountering so.)

5 top hardest bosses:
1º - Ruby
2º - Emerald ( i got luck one day but still ruby is lot harder imo)
3º - Demons Gate(took me 13 times to defeat him...)
4º - Hojo (the last form)
5º - Sephiroth ( 2º form - the one winged angel)

Back