How did you react?

Sam Fisher

FF's Resident Splinter Cell
Gil
At the missile base, when it exploded with Selphie and the other two trapped in it, how did you react to the explosion?

Personally, i just checked the menu, there names at the bottom confirmed they were still alive :P

Erm, I swear I escaped from that. ¬_¬ If not, I guessed they were still alive. It's been a while, but I can't remember thinking them dead. The game would collapse without half of the main characters. :lol: Squall, Rinoa and Quistis or Zell left (I can't remember who I sent). That wouldn't go down to well. There would be A LOT more complaining. :P

I thought that the game might be trying to pull a Aeris death scene on FFVIII but i knew they were still alive because like you said unlike Aeris they still have their names on the menu:P

Is it actually possible to get them out of there? Or stop the missiles? Because I thought it was unfair to do all that work just to see them blown up.

What? Can someone even think about they died. Since you can choose who you sent with Selphie so it is impossible that they would all die. I like those fake death- plot twists, it is always nice to wonder when they come back.

I don't think I even reacted at all. I already knew they were going to live...that was pretty much obvious since the game wouldn't have much to go by if those characters were dead. Now, if only one character was sent...then I probably would've wondered if he/she died because that is much more reasonable than having 3 characters die at the same time.

i think i was like uh-oh but then i thought other than selphie,i chose the other 2 characters so they couldn't possibly die....could they?!(and i checked the menu aswel to see i they were still there) i'l admit, for like a brief moment i did panic tho!!

Can't remember clearly, but I think that for a second I thought they could die, but then I thought that that would make no sense and destroy the game completely, so I knew they were alive.

i cheered because i had irvine there and i didn't like him and when i eventually checked my menu and saw his name still there i was upset that he didn't actually die

^ That's not nice, Irvine was a cool character IMO, plus his LB was awesome, maybe more powerful then the Lionheart

To be honest, I really didn’t think anything of it at the time other than… I’m sure their fine and the game will have some explanation later on as to how they escaped an inescapable explosion such as that.

Anyway, (at the time) I pretty much figured that their not going to kill off three of the main characters as well.

On a side note, I thought it was cool FMV. :monster:

I knew they were going to live. They couldn't possibly kill off 3 characters at once, expecially in an explosion like that. I knew they'ed pop in eventually

I was pretty surprised when that happened but I don't think I thought they were dead, it was too soon for them to die! It did look pretty convincing that they did get killed but lucky for them they didn't. It may have been possible that one of them died but I expected them to come out fighting.

Anyway, (at the time) I pretty much figured that their not going to kill off three of the main characters as well.

Pretty much. I don't think Square would randomly kill off three main characters.

I did not react at all. I was just like: "Oh....okay. I'm sure they're going to live some how."

I didnt think that they died, but I was just left wondering what happened to them.

I think I panicked and thought "Oh crap..."
But then, I realised they were all okay and sighed a big sigh lol! And whats so spooky is I found a save game in the misslie base the other night!

I knew that they were all going to survive. I mean, what would FFVIII be without some of their main characters?

The only thing that I was wondering was what had happened to them.

Back