I think Diabolos is actually from Hell.

Epix

ShinRa Guard
Gil
/venting

I really hate this guy. I've beaten every other mark in the game (gilgamesh inlcuded) and this guy is giving me fits. Worst of all his HP is so low that I get him to critical in like 20 sec. Then his paling/insance hit rate and attack power take over and it's been lights out for me. The most annoying part is that he only drops his paling for maybe 3 sec and it's right back up again. I can never time my quickenings right to get him while his shield is down. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Are you sure it's Diablos?It's just that he never did a paling with me,I just wailed on him with Ragnarok,a Masamune andd a Save the Queen,lasted about 3 minutes.I was surprised.I was at level 74 or so.But it's strange that you're having trouble after beating Yiazmat and Behemoth King.

I was thinking you were talking about FF8 until I got to the word 'quickenings'... Im guessing its FF12... n.n;; Havent gotten to him... though I will be weary now until I do... >.>

I'm not sure if any certain strategy will help you with diablos. He is vulnerable to slow which may give you the extra leeway you need to finish him off before he can put up his immunity to physical attacks. He does hit hard so the faster you finish him off the better. Try berserk+haste+bravery on your strongest character that may give you a little edge as well... GOOD LUCK!

I had no problem either taking him down and I was well low in levels (50 I think). Try getting him low, right before he puts up the paling you are talking about, and then Usher in a Quickening which should do a great deal of damage to him and hopefully give you an overkill for an easy win.

Back