I'm a little confused...

Gil
I'm a fairly proficient gamer, I've played most of the recent final fantasys and enjoyed them quite a bit. I never got XI as it was online and I had no way to play it. Recently however I've gained access to playing games online and have one or two questions regarding MMORPGs as I've never played one before.

Please be aware that I have absolutely no idea when it comes to MMOs.

How is it possible for all the gamers on a server to play the same game? By this I mean, if one person hits a dungeon and loots it, is it looted for the next person? If one person completes a Major Story Arc, which off the top of my head let's say has to do with a King being assassinated, why would the King not be assassinated in everyone's game? What if a Story Arc involved a city being destroyed etc.

I guess the answer to this will be fairly simple but I just can't comprehend how this would work.

Another question I have regards something I read on the official site, it said that some missions have to be completeld as part of a group.

Would a person have a set list of friends that they always travel around with? Is it possible to do it solo? How do people meet up, I can't see how I'd bump into someone and just ask them to run along with me for a mission or does that actually happen?

What would happen if I was say in the middle of a mission and all of a sudden someone ran in and killed a key character or a shopkeep?

Well that's about it for now, I understand that this is probably FFIX 101 but I'd appreciate a kind reply^_^

I'm just a tad slow...:P

Well the quests that have to be completed in groups, you make parties (yes like all other FF's) and do it that way.

And you can't kill some NPC's.

All I can answer sorry, haven't played for a while. ^_^

the storylines dont generally involve huge events like places being destroyed or npc's being killed, its more like living in another world all the time than just doing a set storyline

You experience the storylines individually.

Best way to explain it is... you play in the world with all these other people, but as far as the NPCs are concerned you are the main character and you drive the plot forward. Every player experinces the story individually.
Characters DO die, and assuming you do everything in order it will be reflected for you.

yes you do most missions with a group of people, but only you will show in the cutscenes(not the whole party.) What other players do will have no effect on how the story plays out for you.

Last edited:
Beware~ playing FF11 require a lot of time. My playtime on it is 353 days 7hrs since 4-5 years ago

Back