International FFX

saajuk

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
have they released the version of ffx where you can face penance and the dark aeons here in the US yet with me knowing? or if not is there even a english version i can buy over the net?

Uh I have no idea about the international version but there are plenty of English versions on Ebay, can't say it will play on your PS2 though :monster:

The UK version has the Dark Aeons and Penance in it, but since it's PAL I don't think it would play on an American PS2 >_>

But no, they haven't released a version with them in it in America.

No they haven't. The PAL version of the game was only released in Australia and Europe.
It's highly unlikely it will be released into the US.

As for buying it, you'll need a chipped PS2, or along with Swap Magic. If you don't know the latter, Google it. You'll find it on various websites ranging from Ebay to Amazon.

arg whys they gata make it difficult =( making me go buy a foreign ps2 and all just to get the extra content. I just wana face penance! XD

Sorry about that i was typing on my slow ass wii XD Ive been looking at vids of other people doing it and it seemed really easy to do. so all i need to get is swap magic 3.6 + along with the magic keys 2 and the game? I have a slim ps2 version SCPH-70001. Just want to make sure im getting the right stuff .

Last edited:
Aye that's right...but magic keys are difficult to use. When my friend used them, they snapped in half. I recommend buying a custom made flip top specifically for Swap Magic and Slimline PS2s. If you don't know how to take off your current one, then either look it up, or buy magic keys. Also, make sure you get Swap Magic 3.6 NTSC. The USA and Canada use NTSC format.

I myself use Swap Magic for my imported PS2 games, however I have a Bulky PS2, in which I use the slide card. I find it easier than chipping my PS2, as it doesn't require you to open your PS2. (Even though I do that often to clean it out)

You other alternative is to play FFX International through the use of an Emulator. Pcsx2 is the best one out. However you'll need a fairly powerful computer for this. Recommended specs are: 4GHZ Processor (If Vista. If not then 3.5). 512MB Graphics card (Preferably the NVIDIA series). 1GB RAM (2GB if Vista). Even so, you'll need all the correct bios, plugins etc. It's also illegal too, so I don't recommend this. If you want to do it this way, then PM me since talking about it in a thread is against the rules.

to be honest mate unless you spend ages levelling and levelling and levelling, you don't really have a chance against the dark aeons and penance. so unless you have a lot of time on your hands there's no real point in going through the hassle.

Actually, you're wrong there. It's possible to beat them without even touching the sphere grid at all. I know this because I have actually beat Dark Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion and the Magus Sisters this way. Rikku's Mix is Vital, as is, her 'Use' command.

Actually, you're wrong there. It's possible to beat them without even touching the sphere grid at all. I know this because I have actually beat Dark Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion and the Magus Sisters this way. Rikku's Mix is Vital, as is, her 'Use' command.

wow skills i think i spent about a month levelling and still got killed in one hit, well played.

I hated the Dark Aeons since they keep killing me in one turn. Right now i'm trying to train to kill Dark Valefor. On my first save I killed Dark Valefor by wasting all my Gil for Zanmato.

Aye that's right...but magic keys are difficult to use. When my friend used them, they snapped in half. I recommend buying a custom made flip top specifically for Swap Magic and Slimline PS2s. If you don't know how to take off your current one, then either look it up, or buy magic keys. Also, make sure you get Swap Magic 3.6 NTSC. The USA and Canada use NTSC format.

I myself use Swap Magic for my imported PS2 games, however I have a Bulky PS2, in which I use the slide card. I find it easier than chipping my PS2, as it doesn't require you to open your PS2. (Even though I do that often to clean it out)

You other alternative is to play FFX International through the use of an Emulator. Pcsx2 is the best one out. However you'll need a fairly powerful computer for this. Recommended specs are: 4GHZ Processor (If Vista. If not then 3.5). 512MB Graphics card (Preferably the NVIDIA series). 1GB RAM (2GB if Vista). Even so, you'll need all the correct bios, plugins etc. It's also illegal too, so I don't recommend this. If you want to do it this way, then PM me since talking about it in a thread is against the rules.

Thanks for the help, i think ill try the magic keys though, just have to get it right the first time then i dont have to mess with it again, rather not take of the ps2 top off unless the magic keys dont work then ill try that, im gana try and order it soon, once i can get my driver license replaced =P. Thanks for all the replies.

Oh i read somewhere that ps3's can play foreign games, that true? not like i have the money for it though.=(

Last edited:
That's true, the PS3 is region free. However, only the 60GB version has backwards compatibility. And they stop making them now. You can only find them in Ebay now...

Back