Is the GBA version the best so far?

Tetra Master

Mandirigma ng Liwanag
Gil
Hi.

Do you think FF4 advance is the best to recommend playing? how is it better than the PS version aside from the updated graphics? bcoz even for the graphics I think I still like the original better. hope to hear from you. thanks.

GBA isn't better, it's got lag (not severe, but it's there).
Old school versions definitely are better for this game.

I heard that the GBA version is easier than the PS version...

But hopefully the loading times probably aren't as bad.

Haven't played it yet so I can't really say.

I don't like these GBA versions... I've never played one, but they seem to change the names of things a lot (e.g Milon > Scarmiglione) which seems pointless to me.
And making it easier isn't a good thing... although I would like to see the extra content in some of these games.

I don't like these GBA versions... I've never played one, but they seem to change the names of things a lot (e.g Milon > Scarmiglione) which seems pointless to me.
And making it easier isn't a good thing... although I would like to see the extra content in some of these games.

That's because Scarmiglione was the Japanese name. I think they are only correcting his name as they have done similar things with other names.

The GBA version is definitely more visually appealing than the SNES and PS versions, but it's got the problem of lag. Also, the translation is vastly improved in the GBA version.

The GBA version was fun to play as of the 50 level dungeon it had, if you've done every single thing on the old final fantasy IV (I used to play it when i was like 8 on the SNES) e.g got the excalibur,crystal sword,pink tail etc then it's a good game to play as it has some new systems and some new secret bosses but the problem I found with this game is, it's way TOO easy even the secret bosses were easy enough to beat and the speed at which your character walks is also like 5x faster than the original so....for good gaming the original beats it (hard type) for the secrets and fun after quests the GBA is good to play.

Play the original.
The GBA one has Screwy ATB and some Frame rate Problems.

or wait for the DS version!

The original is better, but the GBA one is portable, that always adds points in my book.

Yiazmat

Though the ATB is always fun, it is indeed a tad screwy due to the fact that the game's on a smaller system. Don't skip out on it, though. FF4 advance is still a good game.

I haven't played the GBA FF4 yet. I had no problems with the PSone version. Well, the PSone version had some FMVs....that is...if you can find Final Fantasy Chronicles.

The Advance version is better.

It has the best official translation so far (hence the name changes). Extras. And as for lag... get the European version. They have eliminated nearly all lag and most, if not all the glitches.

The Advance version is better.

It has the best official translation so far (hence the name changes). Extras. And as for lag... get the European version. They have eliminated nearly all lag and most, if not all the glitches.
oh I'll go look for a european version. I've played the PS version a lot but didn't finished it and lost my save so I'd go for the GBA version for a change. since it's faster and more visually updated.

thanks all.

Personally.... Personally. (I said personally twice, I know) I think the SNES is the best version out there, hey, it doesn't have the secret 50th floor dungeon and the ultra hard Branchiradios, but what the hey. The SNES is a classic, and its funny seeing all the typos and crosses from other games and stuff.

Trouble about the PS1 and the GBA versions is that the GBA version is too easy, and its laggy sometimes in battle and on the airship, but it has that huge dungeon at the end. The PS1 version is also ALOT harder, then the GBA or the SNES, so alot of people get stuck.

So yeah, I think i'd go with the old SNES myself.

Back