Nintendo Is the Wii worth it??

thesnowman

ShinRa Guard
Gil
well before christmas this year me n my 2 friends camped outside of best buy for 3 WII's one went to my step bro. the other 2 to both of them. well i dont live with my step bro. so i dont know how good it really is. ive played it a couple time and it was fun but is it worth my new flat screen TV.
i know everyones like oh that will never happen to you its like a 1/100000000 chance...well my friend put one controller through the wall of his room and the other out the window...you tell me

Am I missing a key point in this thread somewhere? I'm gonna lay this out to make sure.

well before christmas this year me n my 2 friends camped outside of best buy for 3 WII's

Alright, I follow.

one went to my step bro. the other 2 to both of them.

So the Wii YOU got went to your step brother? Okay.

well i dont live with my step bro. so i dont know how good it really is.

Makes sense. Okay, I'm still with you.

ive played it a couple time and it was fun but is it worth my new flat screen TV.

Now I'm starting to get lost. You want to know if it's worth your new TV?

i know everyones like oh that will never happen to you its like a 1/100000000 chance...

You lost me here. What has a 1/100000000 chance of happening?

well my friend put one controller through the wall of his room and the other out the window...you tell me

Wait...it hit me all of a sudden. Are you afraid of your Wii remote getting thrown into your television? That's got to be it. I can't think of anything else that'd make sense.

Alright, I'll try to answer now.

If you're convinced that you'll ruin your television if you play the Wii, then no...the Wii isn't worth it. After all, you need a tv in order to play the thing.

If you're willing to make sure that you keep the remote in your hands no matter what, then the Wii is worth it. The console is economical and has some pretty good games available.

Seriously, it isn't exactly a hardship keeping the remote in your hand. You'll be fine if you use common sense.

You'll be fine if you use common sense.
Which seems to be rare nowadays. I can't believe how many people throw the wiimotes into the wall or the TV; i've played several times and it seems unthinkable to me to throw your control. (and i don't want to be mean with any of your friends, it's just don't seem just normal to me, the amount of people who do that)

Anyway, returning to the thread. If you use the control carefully (i mean, you don't need to swing it over by all the room; just make smooth movements with you wrist) and use the stripe, it's almost impossible to hit your tv.

And yes, the Wii it's worthy. There're some games that may keep you playing for a while. Zelda: TP, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, No More Heroes. And seems to be more coming up.

i know everyones like oh that will never happen to you its like a 1/100000000 chance...well my friend put one controller through the wall of his room and the other out the window...you tell me

Then buy that strap thing Nintendo made so people don't get carried away and toss their controllers...although I honestly don't see how that could happen unless you were sweating profusely and it slipped right out of your hand.

And yes, the Wii it's worthy. There're some games that may keep you playing for a while. Zelda: TP, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, No More Heroes. And seems to be more coming up.

What he said. Also, you have the Okami and Bully ports (Bully is getting extra levels and all sorts of things added to it, dunno about Okami but it's awesome anyway) and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

The gun control for Res EVil is coolio. We recently sold ours after the madness it took to buy it before crimbo. It barely got played and we got double for what we paid anyway.

Its great for parties, I play on my boyfriends Wii and yeah it can cause some arguements, but plenty of giggles.

It's great for parties and with friends, and it's fun to play on your own too. I've had my wii since 2006, and I've never lost control of the controller, like, it's never flew out of my hand or anything, and I rarely use the strap either. And, you'd need to use some considerable force for the remote to fly through the TV O_O

The gun control for Res EVil is coolio. We recently sold ours after the madness it took to buy it before crimbo. It barely got played and we got double for what we paid anyway.

You talking about Umbrella Chronicles or the RE4 port? Because I completely forgot about that but should have mentioned it. I imagine aiming with the Wiimote would be SO much easier than with an analog stick....ugh, and the way they made Leon aim at an angle just made things even harder.

Same thing goes for the Okami port, you'll be able to get much more fluid brush strokes with the Wiimote instead of an analog stick.

Honestly there's not any other games of interest I can think of for the system, but the ones we've all mentioned are worth it, plus the thing is backwards compatible AND has the Virtual Console. I know you can always download ROMs of old games, but I'd rather play Toejam and Earl on my TV set with a controller than on my comp with a keyboard.

There are also rumors that Rock Band will be ported to the Wii, so I would take that into consideration as well.

But yes, the Wii is definitely worth it, especially if you already have a Gamecube. Backward compatibility is always a big draw for me, which is why I ran and bought a 60 GB PS3 before they disappeared forever.

But I wouldn't worry too much about throwing your remote into the flat-screen. The strap pretty much erases any chance of that happening, and there are only a few games where you'll make throwing motions like that.

i have the money saved up i just want to make sure about what im getting into you know?

You talking about Umbrella Chronicles or the RE4 port? Because I completely forgot about that but should have mentioned it. I imagine aiming with the Wiimote would be SO much easier than with an analog stick....ugh, and the way they made Leon aim at an angle just made things even harder.

Chronicles, my friend showed us how the gun is with it and it looks pretty damn impressive.

If you do get a Wii, you may have to be content with a lacking selection of games.

There's hardly anything coming out this year in terms of quality 1st-party titles. Nothing that's been announced outside of SSBB and Mario Kart Wii, anyway.

But again, despite that, I think the console's worth it.

If you do get a Wii, you may have to be content with a lacking selection of games.

There's hardly anything coming out this year in terms of quality 1st-party titles. Nothing that's been announced outside of SSBB and Mario Kart Wii, anyway.

But again, despite that, I think the console's worth it.

Well, you can count with Monster Hunter from Capcom, new FF games from Square-Enix "FF: Crystal Bearers" and "FFCC: My Life as a King" (at least 'Crystal Bearers' is still supposed to appear this year), the port of Okami (i'm getting this when comes out), Tales of Symphonia 2, Dragon Quest Swords and surely more multi games.

I played RE 4 on the Wii and I say it's cool. I never had any TV accident, besides an accidental "punch" to my cousin while playing DBZ Tenkaichi 3. I also beated Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I was even looking forward to get the Limited Edition "Master Sword and Hylian Shield" controller. :neomon: I saw it on Interner, though I haven't seen anyone in real. >_<

holy cool games, Cess-man! I didnt know Okami was coming to the Wii! thats awsome! it looks like ill be getting that Wii tomorrow!

oh, I forgot about FFCC! And DQ! im gettin' one. period...

I was a bit disappointed of Twilight Princess' ending, but I am still looking forward to get my own copy of SSBB for major battles. Besides, if anyone has a problem with the Wii Remote, you can switch to your Game Cube controller, which adds a cool point to the Wii's cool factor. Aye :monster:

holy cool games, Cess-man! I didnt know Okami was coming to the Wii! thats awsome! it looks like ill be getting that Wii tomorrow!

oh, I forgot about FFCC! And DQ! im gettin' one. period...
Those were the only ones i could remember at that time.

I ask about a job partner about more games and he points the port of Bully, Destroy all Humans: Big Willy Unleashed, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Zack and Wiki, Disaster: Day of Crisis.

He stays about a lot but those were the only ones which i could remember heard before. And Okami is supposed to be released in April 15.

I played RE 4 on the Wii and I say it's cool. I never had any TV accident, besides an accidental "punch" to my cousin while playing DBZ Tenkaichi 3. I also beated Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I was even looking forward to get the Limited Edition "Master Sword and Hylian Shield" controller. :neomon: I saw it on Interner, though I haven't seen anyone in real. >_<
Oh. My. GOSH. I WANT THAT CONTROLLER. *drool* I'm not even sure what it looks like, but I'm a Zelda junkie. I want a Ocarina of Time graphics for my DS, Wii, or whatnot...

And as for the Wii, itself... I suggest getting it, just not using an obscene amount of money for it. They're sold out like crazy... Anyways, I suggest Mario Galaxy, Sonic and the Secret Rings... they're both fun. :3

But whatever you do, do not get the Wii version of Dance Dance Revolution! Terrible!

Oh. My. GOSH. I WANT THAT CONTROLLER. *drool* I'm not even sure what it looks like, but I'm a Zelda junkie. I want a Ocarina of Time graphics for my DS, Wii, or whatnot...

And as for the Wii, itself... I suggest getting it, just not using an obscene amount of money for it. They're sold out like crazy... Anyways, I suggest Mario Galaxy, Sonic and the Secret Rings... they're both fun. :3

But whatever you do, do not get the Wii version of Dance Dance Revolution! Terrible!

I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Nintendo Wii. Total Coolness! I pawn as Meta Knight and Ganondorf. Finally, characters that are perfect for my fighting style. :neomon:

I still need practice though ;)

I've been wanting that Brawl game.... I'm sooo happy they finally have Link fighting! *squeezes Link in a hug*

I'll have to check out what other characters on on the game though, 'cause I haven't been keeping up with games lately.

Link was playable since the original Smash Bros back in Nintendo 64, now he has his dark "alter-ego" as one of his costumes. Ganandorf is the Twilight Princess version, and his Special Move is summoning "Ganon" form, which is utterly cool!

Back