Knights of the Round

anton123

Newbie - w/ an attitude ^_^
Gil
I was able to get it W/OUT defeating Emerald AND Ruby weapon...before facing the boss at the end of disc 2...hehehe

Point being....?

I think the majority of us (that could be arsed breeding) got KOTR before beating Emerald and Ruby, it makes sense ¬_¬

edit* I can't help but think Im missing something.....why would it matter if you beat Emerald and Ruby before obtaining KOTR >_<

ahh...sorry...my mistake...but anyway...earliest part of the game you managed to get it?

Lets avoid chit chatter before it goes too far. :monster:

For me, I always get it before attempting the Emerald/Ruby weapons, I wouldn't say it's an accomplishment to get after defeating the weapons, since they are manageable without KOTR (4x cut, mime omnislash etc etc)

Same here. I never got it before attempting those 2. I always got it the start of disk 3. I'd just do it all in one go when I've finished most of the story. I tend to leave all my tying up of lose ends right til the end when I know I have no more story to do (bar the final dungeon) Actually, I may have started it a bit earlier this time round, just so I didnt have to arse around waiting for my birds to breed....either way I would have still gotten the actual KOTR on the 3rd disk, I suspect I got the other materias a tad earlier though, I was more organised my last play through

Hmm, i never got it.... because no matter how many times i bred those damned chocobos.... it always ended up as a black one... nooooo.... not a golden one....

Still beat the weapons just fine, but then again my people were max leveled with best weapons and such.

Same as Gotenks. I never got KoTR, don't know what it looks like, or what all the fuss is about. I plan on finally getting it this current playthrough, so maybe I'd be miraculously impressed if I use it on some hapless enemy. When it comes to the story bosses, with abilities like x4 Cut, Mime, Omnislash, and other final Limit Breaks with final weapons, the game is pretty broken even without KoTR.

Never got it on my first play through or so. When I did get it, I got it, uhh...when you get Cloud back from Mideel. But maybe Tifa and Cid did some of the prep work? I don't remember. I just know the GC was shut down when you have them, so racing the Chocobos was impossible. So yeah, when Cloud comes to.

You can get Knights of the Round as soon as you are able to breed chocobos to the point of a golden one... If you need to know how to do that, Google it... I have an original guide to FFVII, so I knew how to breed golden after I beat game once and read the guide.

I got KOTR as soon as I breed chocobos I remember me and my mate taking all day doing it. He left and as soon as he did I called him saying I got this bronze looking chocobo never knowing it was actually a gold one haha. But yer I got it on my first playthough back in 1997 haha. It can be a good idea to have it before you fight the weapons, cause you may not have materia like Mime or 4x cut.

I usually get it on Disc 2. It varies when I can get it, but it's usually right before I go to the Forgotten City, or when Diamond WEAPON comes out of the water. The earliest you can get it is right after Cloud wakes up from his coma I believe.

Back