Looking for a specific type of music...

Howl

Co___okies!!!
Veteran
Gil
I really love vocal songs. Right now I'm really hooked on Imogen Heap's song, Hide & Seek. (Imogen Heap is also known for singing in the band Frou Frou). I really like this song in particular because it's vocals only (no instrumentals, no alteration, etc).
I also immensely love choir music.

Is there any other artist or group out there that does amazing vocal only music, or just great choir vocals? ^.^

I love Imogen Heap. But for your question, I can't say I know of some artists who could compare to Imogen Heap. I listen mostly to japanese music, though, so I might be able to make a few suggestions.

Utada Hikaru's vocals on the album, "Ultra Blue," are fantastic. Look for songs like "Blue" or "Be My Last." Vocals are amazing. I'd also try the two songs Akino Arai did for the Outlaw Star endings. (Tsuki no Ie, Hiru no Tsuki) But lately, I've been favoring Crystal Kay and Mai Kuraki.

For English, I don't listen to much. But if you want something more about the singing than the music, I'd try Anna Nalick. Though, I don't think she can compare to Imogen Heap. I do like Michelle Branch's voice, more of when she first started her career rather than any recent music. Sorry I can't help much more than that. I gave my suggestions as best I could.

Last edited:
Lea Salonga. I just find her voice crystal clear. She did the singing voices for Princess Jasmine, Mulan, Anastasia, and a few others. I know she does a lot of Broadway performances too. I've heard of Imogen Heap, but never actually heard her music. =/

Back