PC Lucasarts old adventure games =)

Devadas

Gil
Ok,

i'm not that old but i really miss games like these..
Who also loved the Monkey Island series, the Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle.. just to name a few..

especially the Curse of Monkey Island(the 3rth) and Day of the Tentacle were very addictive in my opinion :D

so much comedy and sometimes hard out of the ordinary puzzles =)

The first 3 Monkey Island games as well as Full Throttle and Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis (which deserved a movie adaptation imo) are among my fave games of all time. Sadly its a genre that'll never be what it was in the past, other companies still make these games but they don't have the same greatness as these titles have. I just loved the intelligent writing and puzzles and as you said they were funny too. Sam and Max is a good example of that.

Also Monkey Island has LeChuck who is probably my favourite gaming villian ever.

I'm still aiming to getting round to completing Grim Fandango and Monkey Island 4 at some point.

The first 3 Monkey Island games
I don't know if it was just me or not, but I tried the demo of Monkey Island 3 and just wasn't able to get into it. 4 was an even bigger turn-off when I saw what they'd done graphics-wise. I've heard some people say that 3 and 4 kept the same style of plot and humor, but to me there's just some odd charm to pixels and text. I still own and play Monkey Islands 1 and 2 quite frequently.

And another game nobody's mentioned here was the first Dark Forces game, or as some people have since jokingly called it; Lucas Does Doom. I never got around to the second one as I recall it shifting away from FPS, but the first one was always fun.

EDIT: How appropriate; you fight like a cow. :)

I absolutely adore these games, Grim Fandango especially. As Scrutator said, they'll never make games like these again, or at least not at LucasArts, and I'm not sure if Tim Schafer's Double Fine Productions is in the position to make larger games anymore. Still, they made plenty of them and thanks to ScummVM they're extremely easy to play on modern computers.

Insult: "My handkerchief will wipe up your blood!"

I absolutely adore these games, Grim Fandango especially. As Scrutator said, they'll never make games like these again, or at least not at LucasArts, and I'm not sure if Tim Schafer's Double Fine Productions is in the position to make larger games anymore. Still, they made plenty of them and thanks to ScummVM they're extremely easy to play on modern computers.

Insult: "My handkerchief will wipe up your blood!"

Grim Fandango was awesome.

I'll take this train to Lameville. I remember playing Yoda Stories and the Indiana Jones Adventures on the PC. I was a kid and Star Wars was pasted on it. Just a simple overhead adventure. Nothing special at all. I remember the Indiana jones game being on a Floppy Disk. That's old.

Back