Maester Mika (spoilers)

Snepke1990

Snepke
Gil
Does anyone else feel kind of dissapointed you don't get to fight Maester mika? I was hoping to first fight him in bevelle and later perhaps inside sin after meeting seymour there, but it never happend. Could have been a very interesting fight or would it have been to much boss fights at that point in the game?

He was already dead if I remember correctly. He wasn't really a villain, just another deluded victim of that silly religion they followed.
so no I was disappointed.

He was already dead if I remember correctly. He wasn't really a villain, just another deluded victim of that silly religion they followed.
so no I was disappointed.

He wasn't a victim of the delusions, he knew the real truth about what was going on, he just decided to go to the farplane when you killed yunalesca, he still could've tried to go out with a boom, altought that woudln't be his style, but wasn't seymour dead already as well after the third fight?

When I first came across the concept of the Four Maesters of Yevon, I just assumed I would be facing four bosses sometime soon, so only ever fighting Seymour out of the four of them was a slight surprise to me. I'm not too disappointed that we never got to face Mika head on. Yeah, the guy is a total hypocritical bastard particularly during the Bevelle trial, but despite that I've hardly ever felt the actual want to kick the old guy in the ass. Mika just doesn't seem like much of a combatant, or a villain that was really fleshed out that much to be honest, as Seymour totally takes most of the spotlight. I suppose the fact that you never fight Mika and yet the guy meets his end simply by running away when things seem to go a little pear-shaped rather than serve as the real figurehead leader of the world that he should have been - it showcases even further just how ratty, cowardly and hypocritical he - and perhaps Yevon as a whole - really is.

He wasn't a victim of the delusions, he knew the real truth about what was going on, he just decided to go to the farplane when you killed yunalesca, he still could've tried to go out with a boom, altought that woudln't be his style, but wasn't seymour dead already as well after the third fight?

Maester Mika did not go to the Farplane. It is shown in Final Fantasy X-2 that he has descended into Via Infinito, just as did Maester Kinoc, Maester Jyscal (he has escaped the Farplane once, I don't find it hard for him to escape once more), Yunalesca, Zaon and Trema.

Seymour died at the first fight. He appears as an unsent throughout the game after this. He even taunts Yuna when she tries to send him.

He would have been to easy to beat considering he's so old and frail ^_^

But I don't think the fact that he was already dead makes too much of a difference...Wasn't Yunalesca already dead too?

Yes, Yunalesca was dead for a thousand years. She was the daughter of Yu Yevon, and the one who threatened Bevelle with Sin so that they'd spread the teachings of Yevon.

Back