Major platform remake???

nuadvent

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hi I'm new and I have a question. A friend of mine who also plays Final Fantasy told me he was waitin for a main platform remake. Every other final fantasy game has come out over here on a major platform (however long it did end up taking). I don't want to buy a DS just for this game and so does my friend. He says he's waiting for it to come out on a major platform, not a handheld. I'm not expecting it any time soon, but do you think it would ever happen.

I don't think it will ever happen, sorry.
It may get remade again on a later handheld, but I seriously doubt that it will be remade on a console.
I cannot see any of I-V being remade on a console again.
Sorry.

No it won't, not in the near future anyways. As it stands it will only be on the DS (or go old skool and get the NES version ROM).

Even if they did make it on a console, it'd be later. I think Squenix would remake FF VII before they made a console FF III.

They won't at all. Unless they plan on doing big full blown remakes for every single FF for the new-Gen consoles, which is stupid.

Then again, with all these DS remakes now popping up so soon after the GBA releases, maybe they really are doing a platform to platform hop for all of them. :P Expect the release of FFIII Wii Edition sometime soon....

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything anywhere in the near future I was talking more like anytime in the next 15 years or so. It seems like they did all of those GBA remakes to get some younger kids hooked on FF, and now those kids are getting older and getting into the new FF. My hope is that it will come out when a new generation of kids comes along and Square Enix tries to get them hooked with yet another remake.

We'll see though, you never know what Squenix is willing to do. I wouldn't mind seeing a few other FF's re-realeased on ps3 or whatever. It'd just be nice to experience =D

I don't think that the GBA FFs were intended for a younger audience; it was just that at the time the GBA was the most reasonable system to port to.

Maybe, if we are REALLY lucky, we can get FFIII remade like I & II for the PSP?

I wouldn't mind just a simple port for the PSP, not even a full remake, just converting the DS version for the PSP. I guess that Major Platform remake would be the wrong word, I guess I'm a little biased because I meant more of system that I own. Which would be the PSP and right now PS2 but eventually PS3

I don't think that the GBA FFs were intended for a younger audience; it was just that at the time the GBA was the most reasonable system to port to.

It kinda was....They made the GBA games rated E for everyone. (Or E+10) They took out some adult things that were there before such as some language content.
They changed the scene in FFV where the party found out Faris was a woman.
They changed the dancing girls a bit in FFV. (Dancing girls at the bar.) Also in the FFVI GBA version they covered up Siren. Siren was naked in the original version.

Ack, I just got this game for the DS and I certainly hope they won't remake the game for a major platform...anytime soon anyway. It seriously annoys me when I feel the need to buy and replay the same game in a different console...

Take FFIV for example. As soon as I got my DS, I bought the GBA game version. I played for about five hours worth of gameplay when I found out that they'll be making FFIV for the DS as well. (I know, I'm late with news).

So now I quit playing IV because I wanna get the DS version soon. I'm just like that...if there's a remake, I have to get it. Honestly, I really don't have time to replay games as much as I would like to, so I figured I might as well play FFIV for the DS than the GBA.

I wouldn't mind just a simple port for the PSP, not even a full remake, just converting the DS version for the PSP. I guess that Major Platform remake would be the wrong word, I guess I'm a little biased because I meant more of system that I own. Which would be the PSP and right now PS2 but eventually PS3
I dont think they would do this just because the DS which is up there with the PSP has already made it so what would be the point of making it now. Maybe if they released it at the same time on both the handhelds they would but i think its too late.

Meh, last posted in a few weeks back, who cares.

I had originally hoped that this game would have been released as a last game effort for the PS2 before the PS3 hit, or even now on maybe the PS3 or 360, but I'll give it a try on the DS. I'm not preferably a hand-held gamer so I would have rather seen it go console. but I'm just glad it made it to America.

Yeah, because now when you say something about FFIII, idiots don't go, 'oh yeah... I played that on the SNES... Kefka was a pain...' >-<

I think they could (or should) release the original 2D FFIII on the virtual console or something. It'd be a good way to see how the original game was (the Final Fantasies pre-VII were my favourites) and could make a nice bit of money for Square-Enix on the side. Of course, they'd need to do translation and everything...

Hey wolfblack - Kefka? He was from FF6. And with the originally-older games, putting it on a new console would have likely dissapointed the buyers because of it's lack of innovation for the TV system, but for the DS it was perfect.

Final Fantasy III really would work for the Wii. Just the same as the DS version, but the graphics could be touched up a bit. I suppose the NES version coming out on the virtual console would be interesting aswell. I think the latter is the most probable but a release for the Wii would be good.

Final Fantasy III really isn't that great of a game. It was an NES game so do not expect this game to have an enthralling story. It is much more strategy based if anything.

I think it is best on the DS. It would disappoint many who would buy it for a major platform, for which it would probably be priced at $49.99

Final Fantasy III really would work for the Wii. Just the same as the DS version, but the graphics could be touched up a bit. I suppose the NES version coming out on the virtual console would be interesting aswell. I think the latter is the most probable but a release for the Wii would be good.

I would rather have a remake on a Sony console rather than on a Nintendo console.

I really hope this doesn't get a console remake, I will be so pissed off as I mithered mum for a DS for xmas so I could get this game >_<

I guess if it does happen. I just won't buy it. Id be to annoyed to >>

Back