Midgar Zolom levels

Woodm28

Gil
So a few days ago I started replaying VII because I have many fond memories of it. Anyway, I just beat the Midgar Zolom as soon as I left Kalm, just for fun. Cloud was at level 17, Barret at 16, and Aeris (sorry, she'll always be Aeris to me) at 15.

I had Cloud use his level 1 Earth magic, Aeris used level 1 Cure on whoever the Zolom attacked every turn, and Barret used level 1 Fire or Ice magic every turn. I had Barret use his Mindblow limit break so the Zolom couldn't use Beta and then used everyone elses limit break whenever it was available. It took awhile, but it was interesting to see that it could be done.

So basically I'm asking, what was the lowest level that you've beaten the Midgar Zolom at and how'd you do it?

Pretty impressive feat... I don't know what's the lowest level I've ever beaten him on I haven't really payed attention to it. I know there have been run throughs where I've managed to get the Beta enemy skill the first time it was possible to fight him, but I might have been beyond level 16 when that happened.

Welcome to the forums btw (y) She'll always be Aeris to me too :wacky:

She'll always be Aeris to me too :wacky:

*waits for Harle to be attacked by rabid FFVII fans*

I can't remember the lowest level I've beaten him on either. I usually go back once I have the buggy or the Tiny Bronco. I've found that if you go back too late in the game, Beta can be hard to obtain. You'll end up killing the midgar zolom in one hit without giving him a chance to use Beta. :lew:

I think that the lowest levels I have been when I have defeated the Zolom was at like each character being at level 15 or 16 :D
Took countless attempts though -__- Due to the Zolom's whirlpool skill that gets rid of a member of your party each time its used -__-.

Other than that welcome to the forums :D

I think that the lowest levels I have been when I have defeated the Zolom was at like each character being at level 15 or 16 :D
Took countless attempts though -__- Due to the Zolom's whirlpool skill that gets rid of a member of your party each time its used -__-.

Other than that welcome to the forums :D

Yeah, i usually wait till i get the Tiny Bronco before i attemp the Zolom, although i do remember tryin to beat him with all my party members at level 17....

i only just won by the skin of my teeth, lol.

Zolom flicks a party member with his tail, doesn't use whirlpool.

I've found that if you go back too late in the game, Beta can be hard to obtain. You'll end up killing the midgar zolom in one hit without giving him a chance to use Beta. :lew:

Demi, yo.

I saw a youtube vid of someone using Tifa at her lowest possible level with the least amount of equipment possible, no materia, and the other two party members dead, so I used the same tricks he used without the handicaps and beat him the first time you arrive there, albeit with a regular level for that point in the game and three alive party members.

Ok, here's the video. He's got her in the back row and under "Sadness", and he makes use of Graviballs (I had a few of those too) and Deadly Waste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6fzCiHTVuQ

(somebody tell me the right way to insert youtube boxes. I'm doing something wrong)

Ho ho, congratulation, dear sir.

I had never beaten it... After Kalm, the party's too weak and later in the game, I'm getting lazy and don't come back :P

I have a crack at the Zolom when ever I play this.
and if I do its always usually about level 18+.

If I want to get Beta early i wil try but you really only need to be passed Corel to beay the Zolom no worries anyway, and at 250 EXP its not worth the effort when you are there the first time.

For real, I once tried to run past the Zolom with out a chocobo obviously he got me, and ran away but ended up o the opposite side to which i first crossed:wacky: very handy indeed.

For efficiency's sake if you're playing this without any challenges, have someone equip enemyskill, and elemental+fire as armor. This guy will only take half the beta damage. Have the two others healing/reviving and doing regular attacks and damage (poison and graviballs work like said above). The reason for physical attacks is, the Zolom flicks people out of the party. While it might seem random, it actually does it on damage distributed. I'm not sure do graviballs or poison damage account for this counter, but in general you can keep someone in the fight with *not* attacking with the party member you want to keep in battle.

So, Zolom flicks someone out, casts beta. You'll get the enemy skill and you'll probably have the enemyskill guy as the only guy alive, so have him cast beta the moment you get it. Revive the others, tell them what happened, and go forth to save the world, yay!

Back