Morph materia

Evocati

Gil
Maybe I'm just not doing something right, but I'm having serious trouble using the Morph command. Using Yuffie, I only get damage like 55 or so and it's not morphing anything. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? It can't be that I have to beat the carp outta someone at 55 pts a shot... some of those guys in the Gelnik have 12k hp. Help!

~Evocati

i'm assuming by what your saying that you have morph linked to your attack because if your casting it by itself it wouldnt go any damage at all. If this is the case why don't you try casting it by itself?

The morph command automatically attacks for some miniscule amount of damage. Maybe you're thinking of Added Cut or soemthing.

Yea it does hit for low damage. You're making sure that the enemy is low in HP right? It's the same as poach in FFXII, the creature has to be HP critical. The higher you're luck, the higher his HP can be... but the lower his HP, the higher your success is. It really blows the donkey when you're lvl 80 trying to kill those Gonzaga guys for power sources. ahha You can easily kill them in a hit. I suggest unequipping your weapons for low grade ones if that's what you're doing.

Damn, I was hoping I was doing something wrong. Other question, though. Can you use an Enemy-skill materia to train another enemy skill materia? I've never tried. going to in a sec.

nm, I just found out. So, since i missed Trine on Gordo, where else could I get Trine? Arena, perhaps?

Last edited:
Materia Keeper (Mt. Nibel), Stilva (Gaea's Cliff), Godo (Pagoda) are the only three people/creatures you can get Trine from. If you don't get it from one of those, you don't get it period. :(

EDIT: Apparently Stilva can appear in the battle arena as well. I think it's completely random though. And also, when it shows up, you have to maniuplate it into using Trine on your party. If you don't, he won't do it.

Last edited:
morph deals less damage then normal attacks and you have to kill them to morph them

Back