Phantasy Star

Lassic

Caught in the Light
Gil
Anybody here play the games in the Phantasy Star series? I just recently beat all four of them. I believe that the original PS was the first RPG ever made...1988 I think. All four of them are good games and it's fun to go back and see where RPG's started.

(It's not hard to pick up an emulator and the games online)

I loved the original game on the Master System but I never went on to play any of the others. The original was a wonderful game, better even than some of the earlier Final Fantasy titles.

The other three for sega genesis are also great games, but the original was my favorite. I remember being stuck in some of those dungeons for hours and you have no idea where you are or where you have been.

The dungeon right before the final castle is still the hardest and most frusterating part of any game I have ever played. I had to have a piece of paper out and draw my path so I wouldn't get lost.

First RPG ever made?!?! Have you ever played Adventure for the Atari 2600? Even though that was the first I have ever played, I am still pretty sure that wasn't the first ever.

There have to have been tons of other RPGs before that one.

Phantasy Star was awesome though. My friend had Sega and I had SNES when I was in my teens. I only played it when I was over his house, but I must have still logged a hundred hours on it.

The Phantasy Star Series was one of the greatest classic rpg's of all time. I currently own PS II on the sega smash pack on my dreamcast and i'll say this: It's SOOO AWESOME!!

Back