Play TM UK Issue 188: Final Fantasy XIII Import Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
The latest Play TM UK issue has gotten hold of a Japanese import of Final Fantasy XIII and given their own verdict, a very good 79%, but defiantly a change from all the glowing 9/10 reviews which we've been seeing recently.

FinalFantasy-XIII.net have scanned the pages below.
Enjoy!

Final Fantasy XIII 3 Page Play TM UK Review

3hti0.jpg

288z3ow.jpg

2jb4dc0.jpg

Source:
finalfantasy-xiii

Meh, personally we would have given it a 65% - 70%. We feel as if it isn't a bad game, just not much of a good one either. :mokken:

However, everyone has their own opinion. It's just nice to see that a major English reviewer isn't giving it a massively over-hyped score, or a pathetically low one.

Isn't this what the other review said?
The one that got 7.9/10 and you all had a go at the review because it was done by the 'beat em up' guy?

I think it's the very same review. There are a couple of lines I remember being in the other one like "precise pile of rubble".

Odd that he gave it 79% despite that.

I knew I'd seen the quotes somewhere before :lew:
All being said, I still think there could have been better people to review the game. All being said, I dislike OPM reviews on the whole anyway.

I'm glad to see Play dont Overrate games i may have to pick this up now just to see how they review over-hyped games

though im guessing it would have gotten a higher score if they got an english copy nearer to the date

All being said, I dislike OPM reviews on the whole anyway.

Same here, I dont bother with them myself. I really dont tend to listen to reviewers. I read one the day before Star Ocean was released and it knocked it like mad. I actually enjoyed it. They can use their reviews as toilet paper ... as I do. :mokken:

I mean 79 isnt bad I guess.

Indeed. I'd have been curious to see what the rating would have been if it were PS3 exclusive, because gaming magazines tend to be very biased towards their console (unless they write about games in general). I'm not saying the score is incorrect, especially since it seems around the average score but it would have been interesting nonetheless. I'm only waiting for 1UP's review anyway >.>

Wow, even FFX-2 received a higher score than FFXIII. That has amused in a way seeing as though I have grown to absolutely hate several parts of FFX-2 (*cough cough* Stupid 100% thing *cough*).

79% isn't a bad score. It's still rather good, although it does (according to the magazine's history of FF reviews) put FFXIII as being a bit of a blip in terms of the franchise's glowing critical reception in the west. It is an import review. Chances are the reviewer may find more to praise when the game is in his own language. Or they can get a more suitable reviewer to do it.

I want to see what Metacritic says later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back