Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Yep I got the game like 2 weeks ago and I already love it. I must say Platinum is not a direct copy of diamond and pearl but some of the stuff is the same. But Giratina is in its Origin Forme which is basically the same as alternate forme but the sp attack and attack are at a base of 120. Giratina-O is pretty powerful but I think Giratina-A is better. There is something of this game that I like. You can catch both Dialga and Palkia at the same time. Also Shaymin goes in his sky forme if you have the gracidia flower. Nintendo is handing out mystery gifts so check serebii.net for details. Theres new sprites for each Sinnoh region pokemon. Also Gts is changed in a big way. So what do you guys think about platinum? I have not beat the league yet however but My empoleon is overleveled.

I think it's probably the best Pokémon game I've ever played, it has so much you can do in it.

You can just do the tradition thing and stick to battles, or you can participate in contests too, go dig underground...heck, you can get your own Villa for nothing in this game, just a simple, but nice touch to the Resort Area of the whole Battle Island place (I believe that is what it is called).

How do you get the Gracidia Flower, anyways? Not sure how, or where you go to get it. >.>

Hmmm to be quite honest I think you get the Gracidia flower at a special event. You need The special Shaymin from the 11th movie. Once you get it from gts or wait for the shaymin event here. You can get it by mystery gift but I do not know when. I want that gracidea flower just to get the sky form. Oh yeah and did you get the new Rotom forms? I did and there pretty strong I guess. Thanks for caring about my thread Wolf!!

How do you get the Gracidia Flower, anyways? Not sure how, or where you go to get it. >.>

You need to have a legitimate Shaymin in your party, and then talk to a woman in Floarama town ^^ She'll give you the flower.

Pokémon Platinum is pretty sweet, I must say. It's nice to get a free Eevee before the third badge too! With 7 evolutions it's a useful addition to any party ^^

Hmmm to be quite honest I think you get the Gracidia flower at a special event. You need The special Shaymin from the 11th movie. Once you get it from gts or wait for the shaymin event here. You can get it by mystery gift but I do not know when. I want that gracidea flower just to get the sky form. Oh yeah and did you get the new Rotom forms? I did and there pretty strong I guess. Thanks for caring about my thread Wolf!!

Certainly. I'm a Pokémon fanatic, so I've got to post in a thread on Pokémon Platinum if I see one. :D

And nope, I haven't gotten any of the Rotom forms. The one looking like a toaster. XD

@ Stevie Nicks: Floaroma Town eh? There's hardly anything there, I never visit that place. :O

The most notable change for me in Platinum from D/P is the skill set alterations. Two main culprits for example: Shinx/Luxio and Ponyta. The former [two] learned Bite before Spark, by something like 5 or so levels which seemed a bit... odd to me. In Platinum this is now reversed - Ponyta also doesn't have to last for about 40 bloody levels with only Ember, and can now learn Flame Wheel [adhering to this evolution chain's strength in physical attacks] too, which was pretty welcome.

There's a number of visual changes too like the street lamps on Cycling Road and such. The Pokétch now has two buttons for back and forward which is a relief. xD

All in all, I'm glad I picked it up. I'm currently on my way up to Mt. Coronet for the first time, so I've still some way to go before I find every little change. The extra bits with Team Galactic were pretty nice too, as well as the induction of the authorities too! That always confused me about the previous games; how the law didn't interject when Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic were running about causing all kinds of mayhem. :wacky:

I know what you mean. I liked the additions to the storyline too, that Cyrus character was interesting...twisted, but interesting. XD
He wanted the world to be made as he saw fit, to be just how he wants it, not how anyone else wants it...

How selfish is that? :wacky:

I have a question. If we can not trade the Origin Forme Giratina and The Sky Forme Shaymin to Pokemon battle revolution will Nintendo make another stadium game? Even the rotom forms can not be used. Also in platinum gts i9s awesome has anyone tried it out yet? Im currently at the elite four right now. I plan on beating them so I can go catch the 3 birds and Dialga and Palkia. Should I transfer some master balls from previous pokemon games so I can catch them with the perfect nature? Pokemon battles are pretty fun inmho.

I haven't heard anything of there going to be any new Pokémon Battle Revolution/Pokémon Stadium like game for the Wii, but who knows, that could change.

I was disappointed too when I transferred Giratina in Origin Forme over to PBR, then it was just in it's Altered Forme, like in Diamond/Pearl, without any held item... :/

I picked Platinum up again after neglecting it for weeks.

I'm fairly annoyed how Fantina's now the third gym leader, yet they haven't corrected it on the display in the gym case >_> she's still shown as 5th. Lazy programming really >_>

I think I've chosen my team at last! At the moment I have Prinplup, Ponyta, Staravia, Luxio, Alakazam and Umbreon. All at levels 29-30.

I wonder if I need the free Riolu later in the game, but I can't think of anyone to remove from my team >_>

Also, the free Togepi is pretty epic, as Togekiss is pretty damn powerful, I just couldn't be bothered to train it. xD

I haven't bough Platinum yet. I've restarted my Pokemon games from scratch so will wait until I've gone through more until I moved onto Platinum. Finished Fire Red and now going through Diamond and then Emerald before Platinum, by which time I should be able to pick up cheap. I'm planning on using Platinum as my main game where I do everything whilst Diamond will be the file I use to breed lot's and store extra Pokemon I can't fit on the Platinum PC. I like Diamond alot but I have a lot of nit-picks with it, most of which seem to have been sorted for Platinum by the sounds of it, so going to look forward to playing it.

Won't be long before the hype for Heart Gold and Soul Silver really takes off too I should think....

Yar, this game is good - once again I'm berrywhoring every day :wacky:

Tis made even easier now with Staraptor knowing Fly!

My current team is Staraptor, Graveler, Ponyta, Pikachu, and Prinplup!

Loving all these extra additions tbh. Just training now for my 4th boss battle. Loved how the inside of some gyms changed =D

I picked this game up recently from a local game store and instantly fell in love, as always i started with the water type pokemon [Prinplup] and have so far gotten to the Steel Gym, kinda annoying as i don't have any fire pokemon in my party.

My party currently consists of
Prinplup Lv 35
Graveler Lv 34
Roselia Lv 32
Luxray Lv 37
and Staraptor Lv 34

Its a strong team, although i am wondering if there is a way for me to get an Evee, as it is a good Pokemon to have, and i was kinda hoping to evolve it into a flareon for my Fire pokemon so if anyone can tell me a good place to catch an Evee i would be much appreciative

If you talk to the girl in the house next to the Pokémon center in Hearthome City, she gives you a free eevee at level 20 ^^

So it's possible to have an eevee by the third gym leader :wacky:

I've just beat Candice, the ice gym leader, and my team is now -

Luxray - Level 40
Umbreon - Level 42
Alakazam - Level 42
Staraptor - Level 42
Empoleon - Level 42
Rapidash - Level 44

Rapidash was a godsend during the steel and ice gyms. xD

I'm currently going through Victory Road (have been for the past two weeks...) with the following party:

Porygon-Z: 53
Empoleon: 53
Staraptor: 52
Scizor: 57
Luxray: 54

And my last one, to date, has been a general HM tank for the time being. I'll probably get something like a Weavile/Gallade to get some diversity later on.

- Pupitar, 41, which will evolve into Tyranitar at level 55. >_<
- Scyther, 42
- Magmortar, 43
- Rotom, 42
- Empoleon, 41
- Torterra, 41

I'm right before I head to Mt.Cornet to finish off Team Galactic. I'm pretty satisfied with the changes in Platinum. Although, it's kinda of annoying having a rare pokemon that was a pain to catch in Diamond that appears in Platinum as uncommon. Oh well. >_>

Thanks for letting me know about the Eevee, i got it and it's level 15 already i think, just a quick Question though, anyone know where i can get a fire stone?

I'm about to re-start Diamond but unsure which starter to choose, because then I'll chose a different one when I do Platinum. It's a toss-up between Chimchar or Piplup, then catching a Starley, Shinx, Budew and either Ponyta and Machop (if I choose Piplup) or evolve the Eevee into Vaporeon and catch something else (If I choose Chimchar).

Thanks for letting me know about the Eevee, i got it and it's level 15 already i think, just a quick Question though, anyone know where i can get a fire stone?

There is one at Fuego Ironworks, erm, need swim to get there, and one at Solaceon Ruins inside. I think you have to press A on a certain rock.

I did have a Flareon myself but eh, it's better to catch a Magmar at Fuego Ironworks. It has better fire moves than Flareon, and better stats at it's final evolution.

Whilst its the best Pokemon game, it doesnt change the fact its just the same old gameplay.

Back