Prequel???

It seems like I remember hearing something along those lines a year or so ago when speculation was abound. I haven't really been keeping up with it or anything, but I'm fairly certain that's the case.

Prequels are fun, imo, because you get a better understanding of how everything started. I'd like to know how they discovered Kingdom Hearts and how the Keyblade was forged, if it even shows you. I'm just a little curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't there three new KH games coming up in the future? I know there's one for the PS3, on for the PSP, and one for the DS. So are all of them prequels or is one of them an actual sequel?

lessee...there's one for the psp and I recall a crappy cell phone game too. I dunno, it's been a while since I heard anything about it.

The game isn't KHIII, it's actually KH: Birth By Sleep which is the prequel of KH1, taking place 9 years before KH1 (10 years before KH2).

And technically it would be the fourth KH game in the series thus far:

KH, KH: Chain of Memories, KHII, KH:BbS.

As well, there are two other side games. I can't remember their names or systems, but one is about
Roxas while he was in Organization XIII
, and the other one I THINK has something to do with
recovering Jiminy's Journal entries
or something.

Not to mention the Final Mix+ version of KH and KHII released in Japan.

KHIII, which probably won't be in production for a while, if at all, will most likely take place after KHII, taking off from the ending
when we see Sora, Kairi, and Riku reading King Mickey's letter he sends to Destiny Island
And also, it will probably be for the PS3 by then.

Last edited:
I think birth by sleep is the psp one...and the cell phone one has something to with code or something...I dunno, I forget.

BBS is for the PSP. It focuses on the Keyblade Wars and three Keyblade Masters; Ven, Terra, and Aqua.

Coded is for the cellphone, whether its just for the Japanese models or not. It focuses on fixing Jiminy's Journal after its "corrupted."

358/2 Days is for the Nintendo DS. It focuses on Roxas life in the Org. Nomura is hinting that some Org. secrets will be revealed in this game. This is pretty much for fan service but I'm not complaining.

I'm sure KHIII:Keyblade Wars (or whatever its called) is a sequel, Xehanort looks about 60 years older in it and unless something major happens in KH3 then I can't see it being a prequel as he would have to get younger o_O

I'm sure KHIII:Keyblade Wars (or whatever its called) is a sequel, Xehanort looks about 60 years older in it and unless something major happens in KH3 then I can't see it being a prequel as he would have to get younger o_O

I think there's some major theories surrounding that, but the old geezer is supposedly NOT Xehanort, and the idea is that Xehanort took his (the old guy) identity or something like that...

I think KH2 Final Mix explains more on that with the extra scenes and such, but who knows

I think there's some major theories surrounding that, but the old geezer is supposedly NOT Xehanort, and the idea is that Xehanort took his (the old guy) identity or something like that...

I think KH2 Final Mix explains more on that with the extra scenes and such, but who knows
Which would make sense, given that he already claimed the identity of Ansem.

This "Keyblade War" does appear to be a prequel, to me. We know that there have been other Keyblade wielders in the past (thanks to Xigbar) and reports state that both Xemnas and Xigbar are seen talking to these three armoured characters - given that they're now both dead, we can only assume that this, therefore, takes place in the past.

I'm not sure then, its just that on the KH3 trailer it shows the 'Ansem Reports' at the beginning, and I thought they were wrote whilst Ansem was examining the heartless so it didn't seem to make sense that they appeared before hand, if it were to be a prequel.
Anyway, apparently Kingdom Hearts III, is not going to called KHIII because its going to be a new series. :confused:

I'm not sure then, its just that on the KH3 trailer it shows the 'Ansem Reports' at the beginning, and I thought they were wrote whilst Ansem was examining the heartless so it didn't seem to make sense that they appeared before hand, if it were to be a prequel.
Anyway, apparently Kingdom Hearts III, is not going to called KHIII because its going to be a new series. :confused:

I was under the assumption that the Ansem reports were written 10 years before KH2, but who knows.

I can actually believe that. KH2 did have conclusive ending; and the secret movie wasn't for what happens after KH2, but rather the events that made it all possible.

I think it's like Devil May Cry; DMC4 starts off the story with a new hero and his own individual story...I think, I haven't actually played it yet :P

Kingdom Hearts 3 is not a prequel, because it does not exist. The preview of KH3 everyone is talking about is a preview of Birth By Sleep(the PSP game).

Kingdom Hearts 3 is not a prequel, because it does not exist. The preview of KH3 everyone is talking about is a preview of Birth By Sleep(the PSP game).
Well it does, the trailer is at the end of KH2 and KH2:Final Mix+.
It just happens to be a new series which includes Birth by Sleep and 356/2 are part of the new series...but the KH3 what everybody is talking about does indeed exist. :wink:

Ah, then I'll be playing 358/2 Days, because I have a DS. I'm glad, though - I'd really like to know more about Organization XIII before we close this chapter of the Kingdom Hearts story forever.

Well it does, the trailer is at the end of KH2 and KH2:Final Mix+.
It just happens to be a new series which includes Birth by Sleep and 356/2 are part of the new series...but the KH3 what everybody is talking about does indeed exist. :wink:

The trailer is for Birth By Sleep, as far as I'm aware.

IF it is, then the graphics from the trailer will be downgraded massively, it was obvious that they were pushing the PS2's potential of graphic ability and although I think the PSP can cope with great CGI cutscenes (ie, Crisis Core) I don't think it would be good enough to handle these graphics:

im confused now so wuts gonna happen with all this and how dose it all fit togther o_O

Back