PS1 vs PS2 quality

Neonspec

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hey everyone.

I'm making this thread because this question has been on my mind since i started to replay FF7.

Does Final Fantasy 7 run better on the PS1 than the PS2? I've only ever played the game on PS2 and i'm noticing videos where the quality of the graphics is smoother and faster.

I asked them if it was the PC version that they were playing but they all answered PS1.

Thanks.

P.S. : Sorry if there is already a topic about this.

Ugh it's been so long since I've played it on a PS1 so Im not sure, although when I do play it on my PS2 I set it up to run smooth or faster or something in the PS2 menu before I switch it on....

It doesn't really make a difference, I've played it on my PS1, 2 and 3, and I haven't noticed any notable changes in the speed of the game...

Ugh it's been so long since I've played it on a PS1 so Im not sure, although when I do play it on my PS2 I set it up to run smooth or faster or something in the PS2 menu before I switch it on....

Hmm. Ok. Can you tell me what you do on the PS2 Menu Plz? I have heard from a few people that it runs faster on ps1 but i'm not sure.

Im not sure if it makes a blind bit of difference mind, but you just press triangle and on playstaion driver press tiangle again then change disc speed and texture mapping to fast & smooth.

Like I said though, don't know if it makes any difference, someone just told me to do it years ago and when I remember, I do it *shrugs*

Im not sure if it makes a blind bit of difference mind, but you just press triangle and on playstaion driver press tiangle again then change disc speed and texture mapping to fast & smooth.

Like I said though, don't know if it makes any difference, someone just told me to do it years ago and when I remember, I do it *shrugs*

I just tried it out and it runs a BIT faster. Nowhere near as much as in the videos i mentioned but it is slightly faster. Thanks for your help.

If anyone else knows if the quality is better on PS1, please let me know.

i have played it on all 3 versions of the play station and i have noticed that it is exactly the same on all 3, wich is rather boring but oh well the graphics aint gunna improve because of the console are they, hehe

The graphics output will of course be identical infact on a PS3 connected to a HD source the increase in dimensions may make the quality worse in the same stretching an image does

There's no notable difference. The only benefits I get from playing on the PS3 instead of the PS1 or PS2 are being able to use a wireless controller and save games without a memory card. haha

In terms of graphics, gameplay, and all that. There probably isn't any difference. The technology won't change because it all depends on the game itself. It was created in a time of those standards and it won't change with another console unless you remake the whole game again. The only difference will probably be in sound, if you have better speakers, and in the controller you are using :)

The only difference will probably be in sound, if you have better speakers, and in the controller you are using :)

That's not true either. It's reported that unless the sound is perfect getting better speakers can reveal more faults in the sound and reduce the quality.

Back