Ribbons

b3dshaker

ShinRa Guard
Gil
are ribbons in Pharos at Ridorana and Henne Mines a guarantee?! because i tried going down there but ixion still pawned me even with my current level of 77 all characters. guess im not really as good as most of you. his bad status really annoys me, even when i tried fighting him at the 1f...

there are definatly down there but they wont be there all the time
there is a percentage that the chest actually appers
you can get one from a chest in cerrobi steppe but it is small chance

I want to know if ribbons cancel death D:

I mean..specifically to prevent the random death hit from yiazmat.

I have no idea. Getting all those top items in this game is like so freaking impossible. Pisses me off. As for ribbons, there is one in the Henne mines, one in the Cerobi Steppe, one in the Pharos, and one with the Lvl 99 Red Chocobo. I can't think of any of them though that are sure things.

Yeah, no doubt that all of them will take you on average about an hour or so to get; possibly many more. The easiest of them I heard was the Cerobi Steppe one and the Pharos subterra one. I've spent close to 45 minutes going after the Cerobi one and I've had no luck with it yet.

ribbons dont protect against deathstrike from yiazmat
and pharos is easiest cause there is high chance of getting it but you must be a high lv (70+)

High lvl? Is that the character who picks it up over lvl 70 or the average party lvl over 70? And why would lvl matter? And does it respawn?

no its the fact that the enemies do 2k+ damage per hit down in the subterra so you must be high lv to survive

Yeah the one in Subterra has the best percentages. 50% its there, 50% it's item, 50% its Ribbon I hear...

I`m not talking about the deathstrike skill, I`m talking about the normal hit that randomly gives you instant death.

Yaizmat doesn't have one of those...
yes it has.

His normal attack, including rake ( and I don`t know very well if his skills like stone breath or so ) can cause you instant death. It's not that frequent so it's not your fault that you didn´t noticed it.

Wow really? Yea I never even noticed. THen again, toward the end one of my guys was usually down. Your characters are never superheroes, even when maxxed out, so you're dead and rising a lot in this game.

Wow really? Yea I never even noticed. THen again, toward the end one of my guys was usually down. Your characters are never superheroes, even when maxxed out, so you're dead and rising a lot in this game.
yeah ._. , that's why I wanted to know if ribbon cancels that death, no the one from the Deathstrike skill.

P.D: I suppose that when your characters lvl up, they pump vit a little, so I guess then when they are 99, there are few chances to be with some status ailment, or dead.

Oh no they don't protect against it cause i equipped one gainst omega mark xII which has the same ability to randomly kill you with normal attacks and it killed me

another question about ribbon

i have looked the map of sephirosuy concerning about hiennes mines for ribbon then when i came there there was no treasure on the designated area where ribbon supposed to be but the good thing is my character leveled up. god, this ribbon thing really is a pain in the a$$

what do the ribbons do? are they that worth it?
oh, and just a side note, how do you get into the hidden section in the Henne Mines?
i thought you needed 10 espers, then you talk to guromo or whatever in Jahara, and he opens up the way, but i talk to him, and he just goes "you beat catoblepas! good job"
I mean, im right before i go to bahumat, so i don't need to wait for anything. do i need a certain esper, like Ultima? i haven't gotten it yet. or do i need a certain hunt taken care of? i did the mind flayer hunt....

All the Garif hunts, 10 espers. And yea, the ribbons are probably worth it because they null all status effects. I'd say bubble belts might be more important in some battles though.

Back