L

Iller than Radiation
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ellen Stone
FFXIV Server
Adamantoise
Some of the colors in the SB are really hard on the eyes, and some folks just waltz on in and pick some of those colors that don't really suit well with our peepers.

Shen has requested "Plum" to take the place of "Purple"
I'm requesting #426C8E to take the place of "Blue"
I'm also suggesting #555555 to replace "Black"

At the moment, I don't have any ideas for any other colors to be added.

Last edited:
True, some colours should be taken off at least until we get a skin that 'agrees' with the font colours.
I think only DB can do that though.

NO!
don't get rid of my blue.... lol meh j/k. I think that #9B30FF
should be a color as well, or maybe we should use the colors from the old chatroom.

We used to have a shoutbox that allowed you to scroll through practically every Hex Code available. It as done away with, along with the shoutbox, at around Christmas.

Blame the drama-doers back then :P

Nah, I do, too. I thought it was due to my colour-deficiency, which is why I hadn't made reference to this issue beforehand.

EDIT:
BETTER IDEA. Give us more skins to choose from [:

That's being worked on, but DB insists that we have to get a professional to do it, which will cost money. Even though I'm sure that there's plenty of people here who can and will make one, and there's plenty of free ones to download anyway.

True, some colours should be taken off at least until we get a skin that 'agrees' with the font colours.
I think only DB can do that though.

No, I think any admin should be able to do it. Yesterday in the SB Busta was talking as if he could.

Yeah, I can do it. The thing is, I want to have the correct names for the colors to show up and not just the Hex numbers. I'll find a good site with names of the colors and add them in to see if it works. If you have a site in mind that's got names along with Hex numbers, post it in here for me to check out and then mention your color preferences. We can't get to ridiculous and add too many though.

I don't think anyone really minds not having the names instead of the Hex numbers, but there isn't a english name for every color, Busta. But it would be nice if we could have them in name instead of HEX codes. T-T

Well, Plum should definitely take the place of purple, go ahead and get on that while we're looking for other colors, Busta. ^_^

"Steelblue" takes the place of "Blue"

"Gray33" takes the place of "Black"

"Salmon3" takes the place of "Brown"

Last edited:
Plum and Steelblue have been added, but the Salmon3 color and Gray33 color just show up as gray, meaning...no workie.

idk who will do this now, but i think ~this color~ should be added. it is on the site Riku mentioned and its called cichlid it doesnt look to different from my normal blue but it apparently shows up better in the Shoutbox

Back