Dirge of Cerberus So I Just got Dirge...

DLFlux

Boats and hoes....
Veteran
Gil
And I'm loving it. I know some have hang ups over the targetting system but I've gotten used to it fairly quickly (I play alot of FPS, Dirge is the same but in 3rd person)

I'm at Edge at the moment, the part where you've got to take out the snipers around the roof tops.

One question though, I'm level 9, with Cerberus III, and every other weapon on I, should I consider swapping my EXP for Gil? Because I haven't so far...

Will keep you updated as the game goes on.

The Gil will obviously help you in upgrading your components, but for a couple of stages at a time you should be fine just increasing your level with EXP. Might as well reap the HP benefits before getting the stronger weapons.

Which barrel do you use? I always equip the long range barrel for accuracy over power/speed. >_>

I had too, because I needed the money, but unless you really need too, I don't think it's worth doing at the earlier stages of the game. You might want to do it later on, when trying to get ultima weapon, But I don't think you need to right now.

I took EXP mostly at the beginning, then if I needed gil, go for that afew times, I always seemed to be low on items which was annoying, Id always spend all my money on ammo, so maybe I should have gone for gil a little more.....

I'm a fan of TS so I thought I'd really like this game, it was ok, but abit too fidly for me, what with all the gay add ons and the dodgy controls, I had aiming issues a fair bit aswel -_-

Glad you seem to be enjoying it though, it's not really all that bad :monster:

I tried to keep my Gil and Exp balanced, also try using head shots (unless you have auto aim) it saves ammo as well. Toward the end I had enough Exp that I could just splurge on upgrades and ammo. My frequent ammo visits were with Rosso.....:-/ everything else was a cake walk, IMO.

The Gil will obviously help you in upgrading your components, but for a couple of stages at a time you should be fine just increasing your level with EXP. Might as well reap the HP benefits before getting the stronger weapons.

Which barrel do you use? I always equip the long range barrel for accuracy over power/speed. >_>

So far I been changing the barrels depending on the area I've been in, in tight alley ways I use the short barrel just so I can blast away without taking much damage, bigger areas I use the long barrel. Before I got the other 2 weapons, my three guns had different barrels, so if I wanted the short barrel I'd switch to gun 1, normal gun 2, long gun 3.

What part of N.Wales you from btw, only other Welshie I've seen on here lol.

I had too, because I needed the money, but unless you really need too, I don't think it's worth doing at the earlier stages of the game. You might want to do it later on, when trying to get ultima weapon, But I don't think you need to right now.

So it's all good for me to just blast away and level up at the moment then?

I took EXP mostly at the beginning, then if I needed gil, go for that afew times, I always seemed to be low on items which was annoying, Id always spend all my money on ammo, so maybe I should have gone for gil a little more.....

I'm a fan of TS so I thought I'd really like this game, it was ok, but abit too fidly for me, what with all the gay add ons and the dodgy controls, I had aiming issues a fair bit aswel -_-

Glad you seem to be enjoying it though, it's not really all that bad :monster:

I found it weird that you can only carry 4 potions and 1 phoenix down lol. Came accross another phoenix down and didn't want to leave it behind, so had to use the one I already had lol.

The controls seem alright to me, it really just feels like a FPS but in third person, which is probably why it seems odd to some. The limit break is cool, has a real arcade type feel to it, running around throwing fireballs and hacking people up lol.

I tried to keep my Gil and Exp balanced, also try using head shots (unless you have auto aim) it saves ammo as well. Toward the end I had enough Exp that I could just splurge on upgrades and ammo. My frequent ammo visits were with Rosso.....:-/ everything else was a cake walk, IMO.

Do headshots work on the dog type things? Because they seem to be going down in one shot now so not sure if I'm just hitting them in the head or the gun is too powerful for them to handle.

Another question, does chaining work the same as on FFXII where the higher the chain, the better items that get dropped, or is the whole chaining thing completely different?

It's great seeing Gaia like this, like I've seen AC many a time, but there's something about running around yourself than watching a movie. Kalm looked great and the wastelands, not seen much of Edge yet, I stopped at the sniping bit. I'm really liking this game so far.

You might be hitting hard now, but, as ever, as you progress the enemies will start being able to take far more hits, so don't go thinking superior stats will be the best option; powerful models will help you in more areas if you're fast/accurate enough.

'tis an enjoyable game, but Vincent's lack of general agility gets really quite boring and tedious. Makes up for it in power, but powering through levels loses its appeal very quickly. -__-

I live near Rhyl and Prestatyn (Denbighshire county). Don't get to see much Welsh folk 'round these parts. ;p

Yeah, I'm expecting alot harder fights as it goes on. On the part where you are in the truck and those hound things are chasing, they were pretty strong for the stage I'm at, got knocked down when I was on the roof, used my only phoenix down so far there. I've been focussing on upgrading the Cerberus at the moment, haven't done anything to the Grimson (is that what it's called) or the rifle yet. Maybe I should spread the upgrading out more?

Rhyl and Prestatyn eh? Haven't been up that way in years lol. Very rarely seen other Welsh folk on any forum really, it's odd.

Personally, to prevent major expenses I just upgraded the long barrel and Cerberus - leaving the others to collect dust. It's strong, accurate, and gains a pretty solid firing rate eventually too, so it's got the package.

That is, if you're wanting to be able to focus more on using the EXP for solely attaining higher levels as opposed to Gil.

Ok, I am officially in love with this game.

Just got to Midgar. The CG scene leading up to that was awesome! Though I was hoping to see more of a fight between Cloud and Rosso (if there is later on, don't tell me, I'm avoiding spoilers lol)

Had to turn the game off as soon as I got in control of Vince again though, otherwise I'd be up all night playing it, and I have work in the morning lol.

It's the first game in a while I've been able to sit down and play without getting bored after an hour or two. I don't know what it is, I bought Area 51 the other week, and that's said to be one of the best shooters on PS2, yet I've just pushed that aside for Dirge.

I missed out some of those things you've got to shoot aswell, I remember looking at the one in the sewer and it not clicking in my head for me to shoot it, just ignored it and carried on, then when I got into the Mansion, I shot the one there and was like "Oh shit, I missed out those so far!" lol.

Loving it. :D

I love the controls and feel of the game aswell, which seems odd as I've seen alot of people say they are pretty poor.....

Hey DLFLux if you want to know were the capsule for that scene is PM me and I can give you the location. (CG scene approach on Midgar)

Yeah DOC is an awesome game.

wow ur up to thier that is almost the end of the game hmmm u should swap ur exp for gil to buy items and upgrade ur weps if u can get like 30,000 gil take it but any less go for the exp

Back